Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cashman: TJ surgery recommended for Luis Severino

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Wow, that's huge for their rotation. I don't know the Yankees' pitching depth well enough to comment, but with German out for nearly the first half of the season, anyone have any speculation about how deep their rotation is after Cole, Tanaka and Happ? As talented as that roster is, I could see them starting slowly if they struggle to find competent 4th and 5th starters.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Wow, that's huge for their rotation. I don't know the Yankees' pitching depth well enough to comment, but with German out for nearly the first half of the season, anyone have any speculation about how deep their rotation is after Cole, Tanaka and Happ? As talented as that roster is, I could see them starting slowly if they struggle to find competent 4th and 5th starters.
    Top 4 will be Cole, Tanaka, Happ and Montgomery, then probably Loaisaga/King/Garcia/bullpen whenever the 5th starter is needed. With days off in early April shouldn't need a 5th starter too much at the start of the season.
    Paxton sounds like he's ahead of schedule and will be back around mid May, and German comes back from suspension June 5 since he already served 18 of the 81 games last season.

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Top 4 will be Cole, Tanaka, Happ and Montgomery, then probably Loaisaga/King/Garcia/bullpen whenever the 5th starter is needed. With days off in early April shouldn't need a 5th starter too much at the start of the season.
    Paxton sounds like he's ahead of schedule and will be back around mid May, and German comes back from suspension June 5 since he already served 18 of the 81 games last season.
    Translation: Ladies and gentlemen, your 2020 AL champion—the Houston Astros!

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Translation: Ladies and gentlemen, your 2020 AL champion—the Houston Astros!
    Lol. I'm just thankful we signed Cole otherwise Happ would be our #2 for the first 6-8 weeks. Oof

Lol. I'm just thankful we signed Cole otherwise Happ would be our #2 for the first 6-8 weeks. Oof
    Well you didn't have Cole at all last season, and you had Severino for what, 20 innings or so all season? I think the Yankees will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by sonofdad View Post
    Well you didn't have Cole at all last season, and you had Severino for what, 20 innings or so all season? I think the Yankees will be fine.
    I agree. But without Cole this year we'd be rolling with Tanaka and Happ as the top 2 starters for the first 6 to 8 weeks until Paxton and German are back. Not ideal.

It doesn't quite work that way though. You can't guarantee the Yankees will have as dominant a bullpen as RP are volatile and their offensive depth isn't quite the same as last year. They're still division favorites without question because the AL East sucks aside from the Yankees and Rays but that can potentially be a big loss, especially in October.

They will win 108 games now.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    It doesn't quite work that way though. You can't guarantee the Yankees will have as dominant a bullpen as RP are volatile and their offensive depth isn't quite the same as last year. They're still division favorites without question because the AL East sucks aside from the Yankees and Rays but that can potentially be a big loss, especially in October.
    I would say their offensive depth is considerably better now than it was last year with Stanton, Andujar and Voit now healthy, plus likely full seasons of Tauchman/Ford, who are both LHH.

Bullpen should still be top 5 in baseball. I doubt Chapman, Kahnle, Green, Britton, Ottavino all randomly forget how to pitch.

Barring a run of injuries like last year, their only potential weakness should be early season starting rotation.

I would say their offensive depth is considerably better now than it was last year with Stanton, Andujar and Voit now healthy, plus likely full seasons of Tauchman/Ford, who are both LHH.

Bullpen should still be top 5 in baseball. I doubt Chapman, Kahnle, Green, Britton, Ottavino all randomly forget how to pitch.

Barring a run of injuries like last year, their only potential weakness should be early season starting rotation.
    I don’t see it impacting their ability to win the east in the regular season. Offense and pen are good enough. But come playoff time this is going to hurt big time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ManningToTyree View Post
    I don’t see it impacting their ability to win the east in the regular season. Offense and pen are good enough. But come playoff time this is going to hurt big time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think it'll hurt less in October. Severino has done nothing but choke in every playoff start. Dude is just mentally incapable off stepping up in big games.

In 8 career playoff starts he's thrown a whopping 31.1 innings, given up 7 HR (2 per 9), 18 earned runs and has a whip of 1.6.

I don't see the Blue Jays contending, but I actually think they are going to be a fun team to watch this year. The kids looked really good last year. Outside of the Orioles, I actually think the AL East looks pretty good.

I would say their offensive depth is considerably better now than it was last year with Stanton, Andujar and Voit now healthy
    https://twitter.com/lindseyadler/sta...322459663?s=19

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

You're assuming a lot of Giancarlo and not surprisingly he just went down today with a grade 1 calf strain and is expected to miss the start of the season. Maybe the dude needs to stop working out. We're all looking for theories on why guys get hurt so much, maybe its all the offseason conditioning and muscle building they do.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast