Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Reggie Miller or Ray Allen?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Reggie Miller

7 63.64%
  • Ray Allen

4 36.36%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Reggie Miller vs. Ray Allen

I'm seeing a fair number of comparison threads in the main forum, so I guess that's where they go now. I was listening to the Book of Basketball 2.0 podcast recapping the career of Reggie Miller. Bill Simmons and Shea Serrano got into a debate comparing Miller to Ray Allen. Serrano had Miller, and Simmons had Allen.
    I compared the two players, and they're strikingly close. Both had similar levels of production and success, if you account for the fact that Allen only won championships as part of a super team. Both averaged about 19 points, 3-4 rebounds, 3-3.5 assists and one steal per 36 minutes, along with 48-51% from the field, 40% from three and 89% from the free throw line.
    Who you got?

Miller easy. He was the centerpiece of successful franchise for a long time and always upped his game in the playoffs/clutch moments.
    Last edited by ewing; 02-25-2020 at 03:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Flip a coin for me. This is one of those to where if we a picking teams, that ill gladly take which ever one you don't.
    YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!!!!!

HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

2019 PSD Fantasy Nascar Champion

Miller by a tick for me. I do think Ray was a much better creator, but Reggie was one of those rare guys that stepped up when pressure was on as well as anyone.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Im taking Ray, more explosive and athletic player who I think would be better if both played today.

Side note and hot take, Duncan Robinson is a better shooter than both.
    <a href=https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7 target=_blank>https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7</a>

8/24/2

I think Ray was a better creator and had better handles, but I'd want Reggie to lead my team all things considered.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggie View Post
    Im taking Ray, more explosive and athletic player who I think would be better if both played today.

no he isn't. If Duncan Robinson had to work half as hard for his looks and took as many contested his % would go down.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    no he isn't. If Duncan Robinson had to work half as hard for his looks and took as many contested his % would go down.
    Can you back this with anything? Duncan is an elite contested shooter
    <a href=https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7 target=_blank>https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7</a>

8/24/2

I watched Reggie run about 20 miles a night to find Js with guys banging bumping and holding him off every screen. Ray got a good bit more attention then Duncan as well. Do you think Duncan Robinson has to work that hard to get looks? Any chance he shoots this % being a #1 option and go to scorer over the course of 15 or so seasons?

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I watched Reggie run about 20 miles a night to find Js with guys banging bumping and holding him off every screen. Ray got a good bit more attention then Duncan as well. Do you think Duncan Robinson has to work that hard to get looks? Any chance he shoots this % being a #1 option and go to scorer over the course of 15 or so seasons?
    Good point. Half of Allen's prime was free of hand-checking. Who knows how much better Miller would have been without dealing with that. Then again, it's all a Butterfly Effect, with a myriad of factors besides sheer shooting prowess.
    That said, I'm taking Allen. He's just more athletic and just as great of a shooter. I don't get these people talking about how Reggie comes up bigger in the big moments. Reggie was great in those moments, but have they not seen the Celtics title run or Allen's cerebral shot for Miami?

Can you?

Duncan Robinson has been assisted on 95% of his 3 pointers this season. Heck, last year in 15 games he shot 38% from 3. His 42.4% from downtown this season isn't even the best for either Reggie or Ray.

Quote Originally Posted by mrblisterdundee View Post
    Good point. Half of Allen's prime was free of hand-checking. Who knows how much better Miller would have been without dealing with that. Then again, it's all a Butterfly Effect, with a myriad of factors besides sheer shooting prowess.
    That said, I'm taking Allen. He's just more athletic and just as great of a shooter. I don't get these people talking about how Reggie comes up bigger in the big moments. Reggie was great in those moments, but have they not seen the Celtics title run or Allen's cerebral shot for Miami?
    Neither guy was particularly athletic but Reggie was a long 67 and had a post game. I think Reggie gets miscast by some bc he was a so dorky and was the biggest flopper of his era (not a likable player) I think not only was he more clutch but he was also better at creating his own shot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My favourite player pre-Raps. Reggie Miller.

Dude, just stop it. It's insulting. He's played a whopping 72 games in his career, is averaging 12 points a game and more than 95% of his career 3-pointers have been assisted! He also plays in an era where the 3-point line is dramatically more important to NBA offenses than it was during Miller and Allen's primes. Honestly, I had to look up who this dude ishe's been relevant for all of two-thirds of one NBA season and now he's a better shooter than two of the five greatest shooters in NBA history?

Really close one I lean Allen he was more than just a shooter for people that only remember the end of his career. I also hate miller so I might be bias

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast