Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Reggie Miller or Ray Allen?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Reggie Miller

7 63.64%
  • Ray Allen

4 36.36%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    I have an epic post in mind. Sadly I got jury duty

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    I have an epic post in mind. Sadly I got jury duty
    we'll all hold our breath until you get back. Hurry up

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I'm going to disagree. I don't think Reggie had better teammates. I don't think that Bucks team was underwhelming. They were actually the more talented team. Reggie was just better then Ray and most players in the history of the game when it mattered most. The Pacers might have beat the Bucks by one point but Reggie had 18 in the 4th and 41 for the game. Ray had 18 for the night. It might not be that lopsided career wise as far as playoff performance goes but Reggie clearly has the edge
    I think the top heavy names on that Bucks team were great, but the fit wasn't. Reggie played with the perfect mix for his skillset and weakness. Plus the rules at that time made it so every team had a few guys that played real minutes that weren't necessarily what we call, skilled players....

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    I think the top heavy names on that Bucks team were great, but the fit wasn't. Reggie played with the perfect mix for his skillset and weakness. Plus the rules at that time made it so every team had a few guys that played real minutes that weren't necessarily what we call, skilled players....
    I agree that although Ray's teammates were often more talented than Reggie's, those Pacers teams fit incredible well. Also, while for most of the seasons the Sonics didn't do good when Ray arrived, mainly due to their transition from the Payton era, Ray managed to get them to the 2nd round of the playoffs with a suspect (at best) supporting cast.

Their starting lineup was:

Luke Ridnour
    Ray Allen
    Rashard Lewis
    Reggie Evans
    Jerome James

I mean, that is rough lol

we'll all hold our breath until you get back. Hurry up
    lol. you caught me, that's just what I call spending time with the ladies parents.

seriously tho, do u remember me calling reggie Twig boy? I was a tad more biased back then, now im rethinking that stance. I used to mock his lack of recognition (in the form of all nba/all stars and such), but looking at the names selected ahead of him, dude was kind of robbed because he played in an era that didn't truly embrace his strengths. I hate when people compare klay to him, ray was the guy I hyped up because I still remember the sting of his game winning dunk over tmac in like game 2 of their series but reggie is really one of those guys that would benefit the most given today's NBA.

check whos team was better defensively throughout their careers. then ask yourself who was the better defender... is there a big gap either way?

check whos team was better defensively throughout their careers. then ask yourself who was the better defender... is there a big gap either way?
    Don't drink at jury duty. U are going to get in trouble

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

lol. you caught me, that's just what I call spending time with the ladies parents.

seriously tho, do u remember me calling reggie Twig boy? I was a tad more biased back then, now im rethinking that stance. I used to mock his lack of recognition (in the form of all nba/all stars and such), but looking at the names selected ahead of him, dude was kind of robbed because he played in an era that didn't truly embrace his strengths. I hate when people compare klay to him, ray was the guy I hyped up because I still remember the sting of his game winning dunk over tmac in like game 2 of their series but reggie is really one of those guys that would benefit the most given today's NBA.
    I was in the same boat (I kinda came around to Reggie more as I looked at him (thanks ewing)).

I always thought Kevin Martin with huge balls reminded me of Reggie to a degree.

Reggie would be great in today's NBA. GREAT

Like I said, I have Reggie here, because he shined bright more when it mattered, but it's not by much of a margin.

Reggie Miller was a bit better

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I agree that although Ray's teammates were often more talented than Reggie's, those Pacers teams fit incredible well. Also, while for most of the seasons the Sonics didn't do good when Ray arrived, mainly due to their transition from the Payton era, Ray managed to get them to the 2nd round of the playoffs with a suspect (at best) supporting cast.

Their starting lineup was:

Luke Ridnour
    Ray Allen
    Rashard Lewis
    Reggie Evans
    Jerome James

I mean, that is rough lol
    Ahh yes, the infamous series that caused Isiah Thomas to throw mad money at Jerome James. Ray had an excellent individual run that post season dont get me wrong but he had alot of good fortune getting that far. I remember that was the year right before the NBA semi-fixed the seeding issues with inferior teams getting the higher seed due to their division titles. The Sonics were the 3rd seed when they should have been the 4th, as a result 2 superior teams had to face each other in R.1. This really screwed Houston as they were forced to face the Mavs instead of the defenseless Sonics, they pushed Dallas to 7 with Tmac locking down DIrk (btw they wouldn't truly fix this issue until after the travesty that the Spurs had to play the Clippers in round 1).

Do you see Ray Allen and that cast beating Tmac and Yao? They go from facing a soft team inside vs an elite defense (particularly in the paint).. Jerome James aint getting 17 and 9 against Yao, he'd be below the 8-5 he put up vs SAS. They also arent the match up problem the Mavs are. Those Kings were done by then

Like I said, I have Reggie here, because he shined bright more when it mattered, but it's not by much of a margin.
    Yeah I was just thinking about who had more defensive support before getting too caught up in the playoff stuff. To me, Reggie was a better defender, he was longer and quicker laterally, Ray was kind of sub par to mediocre on defense throughout his peak days (He was obviously better with a reduced load in Boston).

Both played with post up PG's too. Reggie had the chance to join Ray Allen in Boston but he said no to a gauranteed ring.

Reggie Miller vs. Ray Allen

Ahh yes, the infamous series that caused Isiah Thomas to throw mad money at Jerome James. Ray had an excellent individual run that post season dont get me wrong but he had alot of good fortune getting that far. I remember that was the year right before the NBA semi-fixed the seeding issues with inferior teams getting the higher seed due to their division titles. The Sonics were the 3rd seed when they should have been the 4th, as a result 2 superior teams had to face each other in R.1. This really screwed Houston as they were forced to face the Mavs instead of the defenseless Sonics, they pushed Dallas to 7 with Tmac locking down DIrk (btw they wouldn't truly fix this issue until after the travesty that the Spurs had to play the Clippers in round 1).

Do you see Ray Allen and that cast beating Tmac and Yao? They go from facing a soft team inside vs an elite defense (particularly in the paint).. Jerome James aint getting 17 and 9 against Yao, he'd be below the 8-5 he put up vs SAS. They also arent the match up problem the Mavs are. Those Kings were done by then

Yeah I was just thinking about who had more defensive support before getting too caught up in the playoff stuff. To me, Reggie was a better defender, he was longer and quicker laterally, Ray was kind of sub par to mediocre on defense throughout his peak days (He was obviously better with a reduced load in Boston).

Both played with post up PG's too. Reggie had the chance to join Ray Allen in Boston but he said no to a gauranteed ring.
    If I remember right the Sonics played the Kings in the first round and all the kings bigs were out. Kenny Thomas was starting at center

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 02-27-2020 at 11:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    If I remember right the Sonics played the Kings in the first round and all the kings big were out. Kenny Thomas was starting at center

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Kings were trash defensively even at full health and had only recently traded Webber away. Both teams were kind of bad defensively tbh. I think Ray Allen pushing those Sixers to 7 (which many claim was rigged against them) is his greatest individual accomplishment. His more succesful days as more of a role player aren't as impressive when you compare him to what Reggie was able to pull off as he aged. His final year he upped his scoring load to keep the team afloat when everyone was suspended, had some huge games in the playoffs before passing the torch to RIP.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggie View Post
    I will step out and hope this thread does well, ive given it over half its activity so far so well see how it does. I hope it does well as the forum needs discussion outside of the senseless Kobe vs LeBron thread that somehow has 240 pages
    Any thread that I create turns to gold
    Last edited by IKnowHoops; 02-28-2020 at 01:15 AM.

Im taking Prime Ray. Reggie had the mental edge, but neither was good enough to be the best player on a champion. But Ray was just better player and athlete. Reggie is the reason they call offensive fouls for kicking out your leg. In his day that got him to the free throw line.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast