Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Except its Brand's call not Browns. Fun to see you continue to try to blame Brown though.
    so what was the excuse for never ever ever ever ever ever playing burk at all? if you think brand has the call when it comes down to the team needs for current in season roster you are just sadly mistaken and trying to cover up for brett per usual... no chance brown allows brand to just toss away burk if brown wanted him... brown just never gave a **** to use him to the point the kids father came out wanting him to be cut because of brown and NOW THAT WE NEED HIM HE IS GONE while our 4th center does what exactly???????????

oh my bad we will get by using j rich as our point because its the brown thing to do even though everyone except brown knows he is horrid at it.

richardson another one who has come here under brown and been worse since he got here... but that doesnt matter right? keep excusing him because the dude will be in the unemployment line when we are 1 and done.
    Last edited by More-Than-Most; 02-25-2020 at 09:20 AM.

we are literally being laughed at by every sports show in the world on how brett brown lost the locker room and still has a job.... not joking... we are being laughed at by everyone for how our coach has used our guys and gets nothing out of them and when they arent here are better... horford took 6 ****ing shots the other night and all of them were 3s.... ALL OF THEM. He sat on the 3 point line all ****ing night without ben simmons by the way who wasnt inside....

we are being mocked and laughed at nationally about how our coach has lost the locker room.. cant adjust.. cant make his players better and then those players leave and become better... go watch first take and steven A or skip or espnnews or mike and mike... our coach is the laughing stock of the nba because people are shocker how he still has a job.

there are literally 3 people on this forum that thinks brown is smart... war/ewing and my fav jazz fan.... thats it. 95 pct of the world is amazed how he continues to steal money from the sixers.

it took 1 game to destroy burks and glenn robinson who came here and cant hit the ocean from the beach... maybe just maybe when other teams are moving etc and not just all standing around............hitting 3s arent as hard as 5 guys standing on the peremeter doing nothing... fun not and i hate when our guys take corner 3s because it never works out but was told by our own sixer fans its the easiest 3 point shot to make and we are last at it.... LAST.

our scheme is awful/horrid and anytime we bring in new players they stink... GR3 again was here for 1 game moving off the ball like no sixer ever... he has not moved since.... it took brett 1 practice to destroy him and what made him better then he was in kerrs system.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    that and they have no timetable on a return and are still doing more tests.... how long is a bb player out if its a sports hernia?

but yo if you listen to ewing were better without ben... who needs a guy that is a top 3 defender this year while putting up 16/8/8

the worst part is ben was starting to really shine from the line... it was like 70 plus pct over the last 2 months.
    I would assume 6-8 weeks at least for a sports hernia but I honestly have no clue. It would require surgery I’d say
    <a href=https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7 target=_blank>https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7</a>

8/24/2

so what was the excuse for never ever ever ever ever ever playing burk at all? if you think brand has the call when it comes down to the team needs for current in season roster you are just sadly mistaken and trying to cover up for brett per usual... no chance brown allows brand to just toss away burk if brown wanted him... brown just never gave a **** to use him to the point the kids father came out wanting him to be cut because of brown and NOW THAT WE NEED HIM HE IS GONE while our 4th center does what exactly???????????

oh my bad we will get by using j rich as our point because its the brown thing to do even though everyone except brown knows he is horrid at it.

richardson another one who has come here under brown and been worse since he got here... but that doesnt matter right? keep excusing him because the dude will be in the unemployment line when we are 1 and done.
    I've told you the answer. You choose not to listen, or believe me.

we are literally being laughed at by every sports show in the world on how brett brown lost the locker room and still has a job.... not joking... we are being laughed at by everyone for how our coach has used our guys and gets nothing out of them and when they arent here are better... horford took 6 ****ing shots the other night and all of them were 3s.... ALL OF THEM. He sat on the 3 point line all ****ing night without ben simmons by the way who wasnt inside....

we are being mocked and laughed at nationally about how our coach has lost the locker room.. cant adjust.. cant make his players better and then those players leave and become better... go watch first take and steven A or skip or espnnews or mike and mike... our coach is the laughing stock of the nba because people are shocker how he still has a job.

there are literally 3 people on this forum that thinks brown is smart... war/ewing and my fav jazz fan.... thats it. 95 pct of the world is amazed how he continues to steal money from the sixers.
    It literally made my day that I'm your favorite Jazz fan

But on a serious note, I've never said Brown is a smart/great coach. Only that Embiid not getting in the post more/dominating more isn't all on the coach.

Rippin' lips son!!

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZNC View Post

But on a serious note, I've never said Brown is a smart/great coach. Only that Embiid not getting in the post more/dominating more isn't all on the coach.
    Hey, you’re the only Jazz fan I know, too.

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZNC View Post

its def on joel but nurse talked to embiid at the all star game and the dude has lived in the post since.... there is literally a handful of brett supporters in the world left and its hilarious... the dude is the dumbest coach in the sport and it isnt close... we turned al horford into a 3 point shooter lmfao.... we have the celtics laughing at us for how we are using him... and now warrior fans are shocked at how we are using their players because everyone is stationary.... ONCE THEY ARE IN A BRETT BROWN SYSTEM OUR BIGS ARE OUR 3 POINT SHOOTERS TO GIVE BEN SPACE MOST OF THE TIME AND OUR 3 POINT SHOOTERS THAT MOVE OFF THE BALL ARE PARKED AROUND THE PEREMITER BECAUSE YA KNOW MOVEMENT LEGIT CONFUSES OUR COACH. In our system JJ is the only one that gave no ****s and moved constantly... RG3 did the same UNTIL HE CAME HERE. Now we are using burks and rg3 as spot up shooters... totally legit... the dude is the worst coach in sports and is gone unless we win a title... he is basically gone.

its def on joel but nurse talked to embiid at the all star game and the dude has lived in the post since.... there is literally a handful of brett supporters in the world left and its hilarious... the dude is the dumbest coach in the sport and it isnt close... we turned al horford into a 3 point shooter lmfao.... we have the celtics laughing at us for how we are using him... and now warrior fans are shocked at how we are using their players because everyone is stationary.... ONCE THEY ARE IN A BRETT BROWN SYSTEM OUR BIGS ARE OUR 3 POINT SHOOTERS TO GIVE BEN SPACE MOST OF THE TIME AND OUR 3 POINT SHOOTERS THAT MOVE OFF THE BALL ARE PARKED AROUND THE PEREMITER BECAUSE YA KNOW MOVEMENT LEGIT CONFUSES OUR COACH. In our system JJ is the only one that gave no ****s and moved constantly... RG3 did the same UNTIL HE CAME HERE. Now we are using burks and rg3 as spot up shooters... totally legit... the dude is the worst coach in sports and is gone unless we win a title... he is basically gone.
    With Ben hurt, Brett just gets another excuse too.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    With Ben hurt, Brett just gets another excuse too.
    Here's the thing with these two; everything is Brett Browns fault no matter what. I'm fine putting blame at Brett's feet, when it's something that's actually a coaches problem.

Like right now, with Ben out, we don't have another quality ball handler to turn to. It's Raul Neto or Alec Burks. Neto is a good player, but there's a reason he's been a career bench guy. He's not fast enough to blow buy guys, he's not a good enough ball handler to shake guys with a handle. Alec Burks isn't really a PG, he's more of a combo guard. He's got a career 1:1 AST:TO ratio which isn't that good for a primary guy.

Not having a great option to go to with not what Ben is out isn't a coaching issue. That's a team construction issue that's on the GM to make the call.

They want to blame all this shooting on Brown; we're 23rd in the league in 3pt attempts per game, 22nd in total attempts. Embiid has said multiple times that it's not the coaching, it's all him that's not getting into the paint. I've called out Embiid on it multiple times for this ****. Hell he did it when he ran the dribble hand off with JJ Redick, and JJ is the perfect type of guy to set up Embiid to roll just about every time, yet Embiid would pick. Embiid wants to play like he's a SF/SG. He rather be Harden than be Hakeem.

They blame coaching for Ben's lack of shooting, but if you look at my history I remained consistent as to how he needs to grow his game. And this year was going exactly as I called for it to go. He was never going to go from not shooting to suddenly jacking up 3's over and over and anyone that thinks he would doesn't understand player development. Instead, what's happening is what I called for; more aggressive, more getting to the line, improving FT shooting first. October: 4.5/game, November: 3.6/game, December: 5.5/game, January: 6.8/game, February: 6/game. October 44%, November 68%, December 57%, January 67%, February 67%. But of course that growth doesn't matter because it's not something Brett Brown is to blame for.

Ultimately I don't think Brett Brown is the coach that can take us there. But let's fire him over things that are worth firing him over like the inability to better create opportunities for Tobias Harris. His inability to create offensive sets that work without your primary star players. His philosophy of letting players work it out via timeout usage bothers the crap out of me. But I would be willing to say that if we fired Brown, he would end up on someones staff fast, and might be a HC again within 2-3 years. His upsides and downsides are incredibly overblown. And I can give the perfect example: Since Brett Brown has taken over, we actually have top 3 success rate on inbound plays, yet if you only read certain posters you would think that we have never scored on an inbound play under Brett Brown.

In the end, firing him right now isn't happening. It was never going to happen mid season. It's rare that a playoff bound team fires their coach mid-season and goes on to be highly successful (I think Blatt -> Lue is one of the few success stories). As for this offseason, I'm not sure who you turn to. Do you throw bags of money at JVG? He likely wants too much control or isn't interested in coming back. Bring in Thibs and his hardcore style? He's failed at his last two stops (esp if you look at the end of the Bulls) so that's likely not to work. Do you hope another playoff team thinks it needs a different voice? What top playoff teams are likely to fire someone? I can't think of many. What about someone out of the game that wants back in? Mark Jackson, who you have to ask if he learned from the GSW days. Do you go college with someone like Jay Wright and hope he can overcome the fact that players are bigger than coaches? (BTW I'm very against this option, college coaches going to NBA rarely works) Do you go top assistant like Becky Hammond? I would, but I bet they would call for a firing fast too.

Quote Originally Posted by saddletramp View Post
    hey, you’re the only jazz fan i know, too.
    lmao!

Rippin' lips son!!

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Here's the thing with these two; everything is Brett Browns fault no matter what. I'm fine putting blame at Brett's feet, when it's something that's actually a coaches problem.

Like right now, with Ben out, we don't have another quality ball handler to turn to. It's Raul Neto or Alec Burks. Neto is a good player, but there's a reason he's been a career bench guy. He's not fast enough to blow buy guys, he's not a good enough ball handler to shake guys with a handle. Alec Burks isn't really a PG, he's more of a combo guard. He's got a career 1:1 AST:TO ratio which isn't that good for a primary guy.

Not having a great option to go to with not what Ben is out isn't a coaching issue. That's a team construction issue that's on the GM to make the call.

They want to blame all this shooting on Brown; we're 23rd in the league in 3pt attempts per game, 22nd in total attempts. Embiid has said multiple times that it's not the coaching, it's all him that's not getting into the paint. I've called out Embiid on it multiple times for this ****. Hell he did it when he ran the dribble hand off with JJ Redick, and JJ is the perfect type of guy to set up Embiid to roll just about every time, yet Embiid would pick. Embiid wants to play like he's a SF/SG. He rather be Harden than be Hakeem.

They blame coaching for Ben's lack of shooting, but if you look at my history I remained consistent as to how he needs to grow his game. And this year was going exactly as I called for it to go. He was never going to go from not shooting to suddenly jacking up 3's over and over and anyone that thinks he would doesn't understand player development. Instead, what's happening is what I called for; more aggressive, more getting to the line, improving FT shooting first. October: 4.5/game, November: 3.6/game, December: 5.5/game, January: 6.8/game, February: 6/game. October 44%, November 68%, December 57%, January 67%, February 67%. But of course that growth doesn't matter because it's not something Brett Brown is to blame for.

Ultimately I don't think Brett Brown is the coach that can take us there. But let's fire him over things that are worth firing him over like the inability to better create opportunities for Tobias Harris. His inability to create offensive sets that work without your primary star players. His philosophy of letting players work it out via timeout usage bothers the crap out of me. But I would be willing to say that if we fired Brown, he would end up on someones staff fast, and might be a HC again within 2-3 years. His upsides and downsides are incredibly overblown. And I can give the perfect example: Since Brett Brown has taken over, we actually have top 3 success rate on inbound plays, yet if you only read certain posters you would think that we have never scored on an inbound play under Brett Brown.

In the end, firing him right now isn't happening. It was never going to happen mid season. It's rare that a playoff bound team fires their coach mid-season and goes on to be highly successful (I think Blatt -> Lue is one of the few success stories). As for this offseason, I'm not sure who you turn to. Do you throw bags of money at JVG? He likely wants too much control or isn't interested in coming back. Bring in Thibs and his hardcore style? He's failed at his last two stops (esp if you look at the end of the Bulls) so that's likely not to work. Do you hope another playoff team thinks it needs a different voice? What top playoff teams are likely to fire someone? I can't think of many. What about someone out of the game that wants back in? Mark Jackson, who you have to ask if he learned from the GSW days. Do you go college with someone like Jay Wright and hope he can overcome the fact that players are bigger than coaches? (BTW I'm very against this option, college coaches going to NBA rarely works) Do you go top assistant like Becky Hammond? I would, but I bet they would call for a firing fast too.
    I was more jus speaking to the narrative, but very in-depth post.

I agree with ya Brett isn't the guy that will take this talented unit to the promise land. My thinking is if Ben doesn't come back or is limited, then Brett can say he wasn't playing with a full deck.

Just after 7 seasons, I personally think it wouldn't hurt to get another set of eyes on this team and a different voice/philosophy in there.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234