Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Is Kreider worth his contract extension?

Elliotte Friedman
    @FriedgeHNIC
    4h
    Kreider is 7 years (as announced by NYR), AAV around $6.5M

NO! and it's not the money,it's the length,other than this year what has this player shown you that you would commit to him for 7 years? Like I said before,it's got Staal/Giradi written all over it.
    Quite honestly now that he has his contract I really would not be surprised if he went back to the guy we've seen previous to this year,some night's he's MIA.
    Different sport but here's an example,I'm a YANKEE fan,I didn't like giving Geritt Cole 9 years, but I feel better about his nine than Kreider's 7

Quote Originally Posted by runnermjr1296 View Post
    NO! and it's not the money,it's the length,other than this year what has this player shown you that you would commit to him for 7 years? Like I said before,it's got Staal/Giradi written all over it.
    Quite honestly now that he has his contract I really would not be surprised if he went back to the guy we've seen previous to this year,some night's he's MIA.
    Different sport but here's an example,I'm a YANKEE fan,I didn't like giving Geritt Cole 9 years, but I feel better about his nine than Kreider's 7
    Hes done that even this year. For the first month of the season he was total trash. So actually in that regard hes been consistently the same from season to season. Im definitely nervous about the length of the deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by beast023 View Post
    Hes done that even this year. For the first month of the season he was total trash. So actually in that regard hes been consistently the same from season to season. Im definitely nervous about the length of the deal.

beast I hope we're both wrong

Id say no, hes not worth what they paid. Its not a drastic overpay though. Considering his size, skill, production, veteran status/leadership, he wouldnt have been easy to replace

Considering the way salaries have been going up, not a terrible outcome. How much cheaper could you get a 6-3 forward with speed/size, that should be a reliable 25-30 goal, 50-60 point guy.
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 02-26-2020 at 11:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by runnermjr1296 View Post
    beast I hope we're both wrong
    Yea for sure. Maybe the new TV deal shoots the cap way up and his contract is a non-factor towards the end.

Rangers were creative in the way they broke down Kreiders contract. In the first 4 yrs he has 21 mil. in signing bonuses including 8 mil. in year 1. Kreiders first 4 yrs includes 10.5 mil. in base contract and 21 mil. In signing bonuses, so in the first 4 yrs hell be taking home 31.5 mil. In the remaining 3 yrs his salary will be 5,4 & 5 mil. So should his production fall, he should be a little easier to trade or worse come for worse, buyout.

If Kreider gives the Rangers three 30 goal seasons then this was worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    If Kreider gives the Rangers three 30 goal seasons then this was worth it.
    He hasn't gotten one yet, hard to imagine.

Bsi, thanks for jinxing himi guess with the broken foot hes out for the season therefore he wont do it this season either.LOL!

We should have dealt him when we had the chance, oh well!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Wiskers View Post
    Bsi, thanks for jinxing himi guess with the broken foot hes out for the season therefore he wont do it this season either.LOL!

We should have dealt him when we had the chance, oh well!
    I agree...I keep looking at the Brassard and Zibanajad deal and thinking of what could have been lol