Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hawks Core

Hawks Core

How do you feel about this young team? I am not sure. I'll admit I was not a big believer in Young out the gate. I thought he would be OK but did not see him scoring like this at the NBA level. Anyway, him and Collins put up some #s. I do feel like both are minus defenders. I also like Cam but I am a little confused about Cappla's fit. IDK. It seems like they have a real promising core but I am not sold. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Trae
    Reddish
    Hunter
    Collins
    Capela

I think with time if you keep that core together...they can actually be a good team for years to come and then add whoever from the 2020 Draft...you are set as a franchise going forward

Hawks Core

Anyone care about the Hawks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 02-24-2020 at 10:38 PM.

I'd trade Collins and Redish

I think there is a thing as too much youth and that's where they are. You take out Carter, Teague and Dedmon, they're all 25 and under. Mostly right around 20 or 21. Teague and Dedmon aren't THAT old anyway.

Idk, just gotta try to decide which pieces to keep then trade for some solid vets or sign the right kind of guys.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    I think there is a thing as too much youth and that's where they are. You take out Carter, Teague and Dedmon, they're all 25 and under. Mostly right around 20 or 21. Teague and Dedmon aren't THAT old anyway.

Idk, just gotta try to decide which pieces to keep then trade for some solid vets or sign the right kind of guys.
    Trade for solid vets...bring back Schroeder from OKC and back to Atlanta via trade...Schroeder can be your 2 guard (SG) with Trae at the 1...keep Capela at the 5 and Collins at the 4 but I would get rid of Reddish and Hunter via trade for vets

Theyíll be in the playoffs next year.
    <a href=https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7 target=_blank>https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7</a>

8/24/2

I'll take Collins. Don't care for the rest.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

On paper, they're one of those teams that looks like they're talented enough to compete. But they you see them consistently getting blown out and you look at their record. To be fair, Collins missed a ton of time due to suspension, and we haven't seen Clint yet.

I'm going to wait to reserve judgment on these guys until they've had more time together, but like any young core, I kinda need to see it to believe it. I do think, though, that there's plenty of room in the East for a young team to climb the ranks. And I love the idea of Young and Capela running the pick and roll together, which should be fantastic.

It didnít take long for the next Steph Curry to come along
    <a href=https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7 target=_blank>https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7</a>

8/24/2

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    On paper, they're one of those teams that looks like they're talented enough to compete. But they you see them consistently getting blown out and you look at their record. To be fair, Collins missed a ton of time due to suspension, and we haven't seen Clint yet.

I'm going to wait to reserve judgment on these guys until they've had more time together, but like any young core, I kinda need to see it to believe it. I do think, though, that there's plenty of room in the East for a young team to climb the ranks. And I love the idea of Young and Capela running the pick and roll together, which should be fantastic.
    I agree. On paper it seems nice but I just get this feeling that both Collins and Young while good players might be guys whose #s outsize their actual impact

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I agree. On paper it seems nice but I just get this feeling that both Collins and Young while good players might be guys whose #s outsize their actual impact
    Young's defense is just atrocious. Damian Lillard had bad defense early in his career and while he is definitely not a good defender, he hustles and fights more and generally gives more effort on that side of the ball and it's been tremendous for the Blazers. If the Hawks ever want to become contenders, Young cannot be among the worst defenders in the league.

How is Collins on D? At first sight he lacks some length and explosion

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Young is the best offensive player and worst defensive player in the league based on RPM lol. I know itís not the tell all stat but if you looked at all the metrics youíd come pretty close to that being the case Iíd say.

8/24/2

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    I'd trade Collins and Redish
    For????

Cam had been putting up better numbers since New Year's. The guy has potential, same with Hunter. The Hawks weakness is their D. That's what nice about the Capela pickup even tho may not see anything til next season...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast