Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 18 of 39 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    Atkinson interviews he will impress......he's my number one. Like to keep Miller on the bench as well.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    MIN was more of a veteran team though, and KAT & Wiggins seem like they didn't want to be challenged.

We have a young team and I don't think RJ will shy away from being challenged at all. He has the makeup to work hard and get better. I also think Thibs could actually give us an identity of DEFENSE with Mitch & Frank. this team has lacked idendity for so long.

I was against Thibs at first but I'm for it now, Knox needs some tough love too and if he can't handle it then he's probably never going to be good.

Taj can stick around and vouch for Thibs and be the vet leader.
    I agree with this, thibs makes sense for a young roster that needs to be pushed.

I just have my doubts. Even butler who is a complete workhorse and was thibs guy, turned on him. But he seems to turn on everyone.

I wouldnt be mad one bit if we went with thibs. I just think its really hard for his coaching style to work in todays nba.

Yeah, anyone using Minnesota, a garbage franchise as an example...two things:

1. Thibs coached the T-Wolves to the playoffs for the 1st time since 2004.

2. Jimmy Butler used to play 3 on 5 during practice and habitually destroyed Karl-Anthony Towns & Wiggins.

Yeah, now that the Wolves have a "player friendly" coach, they're back to being garbage and collecting $$$M cheques. And that's a pattern. See Anthony Davis. See Kyrie Irving. See Kevin Durant.

Kenny Atkinson was FIRED because according to "the locker room" he was NOT a player's coach. I call BS. I think, it's more Kyrie being a baby as usual.

Leon Rose has to think to himself, what kind of players he wants to attract to the Knicks. In a perfect world, I'd love to see Thibs as Head Coach and Atkinson as an assistant but that's not going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    I agree with this, thibs makes sense for a young roster that needs to be pushed.

I just have my doubts. Even butler who is a complete workhorse and was thibs guy, turned on him. But he seems to turn on everyone.

I wouldnt be mad one bit if we went with thibs. I just think its really hard for his coaching style to work in todays nba.
    I think Butler was more upset with KAT & Wiggins, but yea he seems to be a difficult personality type everywhere he goes.

Knicks and Rose said they would like to retain Miller, either as HC or head bench coach, so the question then is if not Miller who would accept not having there own choice for the head bench coach?

I'm thinking it's not Thibs to be honest, and Kenny is so laid back and one would think he'd love to stick around in Northport especially in these times and be with his family as much as possible.

Could be wrong on Thibs acceptance of Miller but Kenny just seems to be more open of a person to accept that condition.

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    Knicks and Rose said they would like to retain Miller, either as HC or head bench coach, so the question then is if not Miller who would accept not having there own choice for the head bench coach?

I'm thinking it's not Thibs to be honest, and Kenny is so laid back and one would think he'd love to stick around in Northport especially in these times and be with his family as much as possible.

Could be wrong on Thibs acceptance of Miller but Kenny just seems to be more open of a person to accept that condition.
    I donít think thatís going to effect anything. If thibs doesnít want miller he wonít be here. Miller didnít impress me anyway.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

If Mike Miller is retained, then you can forget about the Knicks staying with a youth movement. They're going to flip these kids for "brand name" vets.

I understand Mike Miller has to play for the win but just like coaches before him, terrible at development. Terrible.

Kevin Knox regressed. Frank Ntilikina had to play over in the French leagues to get playing time and develop his game. His performance in helping to beat the US Team had to be vindication.

At the same time, Miller was told by Steve Mills: Playoffs or bust. He was given a lot of odd pieces that didn't go together.

He's clearly a veteran coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    If Mike Miller is retained, then you can forget about the Knicks staying with a youth movement. They're going to flip these kids for "brand name" vets.

I understand Mike Miller has to play for the win but just like coaches before him, terrible at development. Terrible.

Kevin Knox regressed. Frank Ntilikina had to play over in the French leagues to get playing time and develop his game. His performance in helping to beat the US Team had to be vindication.

At the same time, Miller was told by Steve Mills: Playoffs or bust. He was given a lot of odd pieces that didn't go together.

He's clearly a veteran coach.
    Thers literally zero chance miller is our head coach next year zero lol

If we somehow get kenny i think dsj and knox would thrive in his offense

Rj and frank not so much

I'm pulling towards Thibs because I like the dynamic and balance of having Mitch/Frank on D and RJ and a plus point guard. If Kenny gets the gig, I won't be upset.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    I'm pulling towards Thibs because I like the dynamic and balance of having Mitch/Frank on D and RJ and a plus point guard. If Kenny gets the gig, I won't be upset.
    pretty much how i feel, i just want a team with an identity, even if we aren't great, something to build on.

also read we are trying to surround RJ with players that compliment him, shocking right? but we did the exact opposite last summer so it's a good start.

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post

All three are good coaches and Miller's experience as head coach will make him a better bench coach.

Atkinson obviously didn't like the direction things were heading in Brooklyn and he no longer wanted to be part of that. Likely some personality conflicts and control dynamics within the organization made it a "hostile" work environment for him.

Thibs is a good coach and he would be successful here. Why? We don't have any glorified diva players that believe they are bigger than the team. Butler clearly let the truth be known about Minny and I cannot put that on Thibbs feet. If the two young ones had set aside their egos and followed in the way of Butler, they might be more like Miami today.

Thibs would continue to shift the culture toward winning basketball (as Miller did before the suspension).

I am good with either of the three as the head coach.

Quote Originally Posted by KnicksFan4Years View Post
    All three are good coaches and Miller's experience as head coach will make him a better bench coach.

Atkinson obviously didn't like the direction things were heading in Brooklyn and he no longer wanted to be part of that. Likely some personality conflicts and control dynamics within the organization made it a "hostile" work environment for him.

Thibs is a good coach and he would be successful here. Why? We don't have any glorified diva players that believe they are bigger than the team. Butler clearly let the truth be known about Minny and I cannot put that on Thibbs feet. If the two young ones had set aside their egos and followed in the way of Butler, they might be more like Miami today.

Thibs would continue to shift the culture toward winning basketball (as Miller did before the suspension).

I am good with either of the three as the head coach.
    I donít disagree with any of that

The only thing that worries me, is the guys that respond to hard coaching are few and far between. I hate to say it, but you need a coach that appeals to young talent. As far as FA goes

I do have doubts about anyone that Butler wonít play with. Dude definitely comes off as a gamer, a competitor. Guy like that can play on my team anyday. And heís way better than the numbers say he is

Iíd also say I prefer Atkinson, then Thibs. And both by a wide margin over Miller
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 05-31-2020 at 04:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    I donít disagree with any of that

The only thing that worries me, is the guys that respond to hard coaching are few and far between. I hate to say it, but you need a coach that appeals to young talent. As far as FA goes

I do have doubts about anyone that Butler wonít play with. Dude definitely comes off as a gamer, a competitor. Guy like that can play on my team anyday. And heís way better than the numbers say he is

Iíd also say I prefer Atkinson, then Thibs. And both by a wide margin over Miller
    Miller was showing something but with the suspension, hard to make any conclusive assessment.

Tom Thibodeau as the Knicks head coach is 90% likely as Leon Rose coming soon

Listen. **** free agents...

Have the Knicks and the fans learned nothing?

Steve Mills did EVERYTHING to bow to the "young blood" and Kevin Durant & Kyrie Irving pimp slapped Mills. What shocked me, Mills was there when Lebron and co turned their up at the Knicks and went to Miami. Lebron claimed, it was Riley's rings that put him over.

Thibs is NOT a screamer. He's not a disciplinarian. He's DEFINITELY not Larry Brown who threw players under the bus for not playing his style.

What Thibs preaches: Have some pride. Play hard. Put your team before your personal stats.

One would think that's common sense but really it's not.
    Last edited by YoungStuna; 06-01-2020 at 12:02 AM.

Page 18 of 39 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast