Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 21 of 39 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Tom Thibodeau as the Knicks head coach is 90% likely as Leon Rose coming soon

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    agreed but he's 21, it wouldn't be unusual for a guy drafted at 18 like him to take a few years to find his niche.

I trust Thibs will help him
    If his issue was he got in foul trouble or sometimes went for steals when he shouldnít I would have more confidence. Guys like Smart and Green made bad decisions as younger players. They never lacked aggression. Especially on when it came lose balls, rebounds, or anything on the defensive end. Frank needs to get after it not just be consistently solid there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I know your going to live and die with that but i think what that shows is he can be used situationally. When his role was expanded the team failed miserably. He does bring something unique. Itís not surprising that in situationally he can play. I think he needs to get better on O or be more disruptive on D to be more then an end of the rotation guy.

I mean yes I said I agreed he needs to continue to substantially improve on offense. Weíre saying almost the same thing, shot percentage needs to rise and continue to stop picking up dribble. Honestly if I was coaching Iíd tell him every time you pick up your dribble after half court youíre coming out. Break that habit, itís likely that simple.

But I live and die by those stars because thatís how the modern NBA works. Morey and guys like him have been living and dying by the same strategy for over a decade now and it clearly works.

If his issue was he got in foul trouble or sometimes went for steals when he shouldnít I would have more confidence. Guys like Smart and Green made bad decisions as younger players. They never lacked aggression. Especially on when it came lose balls, rebounds, or anything on the defensive end. Frank needs to get after it not just be consistently solid there

I donít agree with this logic.

I would analogize it to a shutdown corner. If Stephen Gilmore shuts down his side of the field and doesnít end up with a ton of INTs, thatís still great defense.

Iíd rather have a disciplined defender who can shut down his man, than a guy who makes the occasional highlight steal but is otherwise unimpressive on that end (yes, thatís Payton).

Frank gets after it on D. I donít need him gambling for steals, fouling, and othwrwise making bad decisions to ďshow more effort.Ē

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    I mean yes I said I agreed he needs to continue to substantially improve on offense. Weíre saying almost the same thing, shot percentage needs to rise and continue to stop picking up dribble. Honestly if I was coaching Iíd tell him every time you pick up your dribble after half court youíre coming out. Break that habit, itís likely that simple.

But I live and die by those stars because thatís how the modern NBA works. Morey and guys like him have been living and dying by the same strategy for over a decade now and it clearly works.
    I donít think thatís how the ďmodern NBAĒ works and I think those guys do a lot more then look at those stats. I think if Frank is going to be someone worth mentioning he is going to have be a guy not only plays good match up D but disrupts the others teams offense more.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    I donít agree with this logic.

I would analogize it to a shutdown corner. If Stephen Gilmore shuts down his side of the field and doesnít end up with a ton of INTs, thatís still great defense.

Iíd rather have a disciplined defender who can shut down his man, than a guy who makes the occasional highlight steal but is otherwise unimpressive on that end (yes, thatís Payton).

Frank gets after it on D. I donít need him gambling for steals, fouling, and othwrwise making bad decisions to ďshow more effort.Ē
    If he isnít going to disrupt the offense they will just force him off ball by using a screen. He needs to create lose balls, force ball handlers backwards, use his length to disrupt passing lanes, etc. doing these things isnít always an unnecessary risk. They are things we saw in that Mavs highlight reel. If he is going to be a true impact defender he needs to disrupt the other team not just match up well. Sometimes young guys with the talent to do these things arenít great at picking there spots and get burnt. We see that with Mitch. Iíd rather see that from a young player then see a guy that almost never tries to make that kind of impact

Last edited by ewing; 06-06-2020 at 04:29 PM.

I donít think thatís how the ďmodern NBAĒ works and I think those guys do a lot more then look at those stats. I think if Frank is going to be someone worth mentioning he is going to have be a guy not only plays good match up D but disrupts the others teams offense more.

I mean modern NBA FO execs definitely look for winning players and not empty stats guys who consistently contribute to losing like Julius Randle etc. thatís really all Iím saying.

He lacks confidence more than aggression, when he has his confidence going and plays big mintues he's not tentative. but you;re comparing him to guys that were older, I mean Green wasn't even good until he was about 23.

He lacks confidence more than aggression, when he has his confidence going and plays big mintues he's not tentative. but you;re comparing him to guys that were older, I mean Green wasn't even good until he was about 23.
    The age thing is fair like a said I worry about him playing to his ability bc if his mentality though

The age thing is fair like a said I worry about him playing to his ability bc if his mentality though

Honestly Iím more worried about Frankís funky groin (good band name) more than his mentality.

I donít think he is good role player yet. I do think other then Mitch he has the best physical tools on the team. Unfortunately he is limited in terms of offense skill and has rarely showed the type of motor he showed in those Dallas games. I think if he going to impact games regularly he either has to get much more skilled offensively or he has to bring that type of energy and aggression regularly. I think the later is more likely if he is to become a guy that consistently impacts games. Maybe he just needs the right coach to unlock that I donít know. If Thibs comes and Frank starts to be more then just a solid competent defender but an impactful energy guy on that end who chips in on O that would be great.

Yeah I agree, those Dallas games wasnít his norm. But they did show some of his potential. He has the potential to be an elite defender, but he doesnít play that way consistently IMO. He doesnít need to be an elite defender if he can keep improving offensively though. He still settles for too many jumpers.

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    Yeah thibs the greatest coach of all time heíll sure work up everyone and devolpe everyone
    Lmao

guarding a 7'3 guy and more than holding his own and still being able to guard PG's and handle the rock like a PG. Frank has unique talents.
    It was impressive, but KPís post game is pretty weak. He has a high center of gravity and heís a bit soft.

I remember watching Jrue clamp him 3 different times in the post and he threw up 3 bricks off the backboard in a row.

Frank actually fouls way too much for a wing. Thatís part of the reason why his minutes are low. He averaged 4.3 fouls per 36 minutes this season and 4 fouls per 36 in his career thus far. Thatís something he needs to improve on. He gets called for too many silly fouls.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    Honestly Iím more worried about Frankís funky groin (good band name) more than his mentality.
    Frank is due to miss 15-20 games per year with his groin (too much sex) injury. Heís just trying to be the French Wilt off the court and therefore wonít let it heal properly lol

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Frank is due to miss 15-20 games per year with his groin (too much sex) injury. Heís just trying to be the French Wilt off the court and therefore wonít let it heal properly lol
    Ha well damn, guess Frankís Funky Groin wonít be playing live anytime soon haha

Page 21 of 39 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast