Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 10 of 39 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 584
  1. #136
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    1,048
    Ask Jimmy Butler about Thibs and he'll tell you, how he was crucial in developing his confidence and growth as a player.

  2. #137
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    3,945
    Thibs or Atkinson I'm happy -- JVG eh it's been a long layoff but he'd be third. Miller 4th until I hear of some other names. Need a solid hopefully defensive minded coach/leader to go with our young guys and whoever is acquired in the offseason. It's a start. The idea that a coach like that is part of some Dolan-led conspiracy...well I understand sales of alcohol are up 25-40% in the lockdown....
    Last edited by Blue Seats; 04-17-2020 at 03:54 PM.

  3. #138
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    1,048
    This season, the best defensive teams allows over 101 ppg...the 9th best is every one's favorite ex-Knick Porzingis and the Dallas Mavs (or Knicks South).

    I don't expect the Knicks to ever have a team that resembles the beloved 90s teams because this is a completely different era of basketball.

    What I do like about Thibs, Atkinson, JVG is the fact, they are organized coaches. They're not revising the roster every night. They're not trying something new every game. The roster is set. The roles defined.

    Also I like the fact these coaches WILL encourage players to get their fundamentals in order. By that I mean, the Knicks are terrible shooters but they are atrocious at the line. If you can't shoot and you can't drive then you can't get points off breaking down the D. Well THAT'S why this team sucks harder than a Jenna Jameson film.

  4. #139
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    7,878
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Seats View Post
    Thibs or Atkinson I'm happy -- JVG eh it's been a long layoff but he'd be third. Miller 4th until I hear of some other names. Need a solid hopefully defensive minded coach/leader to go with our young guys and whoever is acquired in the offseason. It's a start. The idea that a coach like that is part of some Dolan-led conspiracy...well I understand sales of alcohol are up 25-40% in the lockdown....
    Exactly

  5. #140
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    1,048
    One of the things I'm going to like about Thibs taking over (hopefully) is that he won't tolerate "black holes" and stat padders.
    During his tenure with the Bulls, Chicago finished no lower than 9th in assists. Defensively no lower than 4th. Wow. I totally see him starting three ball handlers in RJ Barrett at small forward, Frank Ntilikina at SG, & allowing a primary ball handler like Cole Anthony similar to how he used Derrick Rose. Thing about Frank is, he's the guy who can make that extra pass.
    We all know, he's going to love the defensive intensity from Mitchell Robinson and Frank Ntilikina. Inside D and Perimeter D.

    I think, he'll definitely turn the Knicks around...Thibs got the miserable T-Wolves to the playoffs for the first time in 14 seasons. Part of that reason was bringing in, Jimmy Butler who he played a role in developing. When Butler was drafted, his numbers didn't look much better than Iman Shumpert. Boy, did he turn it around. That's why I have faith that Frank Ntilikina will become a much more rounded player IF the Knicks keep him around and hire Thibs.

    I'm curious to see who the Knicks draft with their plethora of picks. It would be nice if they got Haliburton. A three guard rotation was a huge part of the Pistons. Why can't the Knicks replicate that success? Also a passing power forward would be great.

    Hopefully the Knicks 86 all these selfish vets who didn't make the team any better, if anything took valuable playing time to develop. Thibs is going to run with the youth. You watch.

  6. #141
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    47,006

    Tom Thibodeau as the Knicks head coach is 90% likely as Leon Rose coming soon

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    One of the things I'm going to like about Thibs taking over (hopefully) is that he won't tolerate "black holes" and stat padders.
    During his tenure with the Bulls, Chicago finished no lower than 9th in assists. Defensively no lower than 4th. Wow. I totally see him starting three ball handlers in RJ Barrett at small forward, Frank Ntilikina at SG, & allowing a primary ball handler like Cole Anthony similar to how he used Derrick Rose. Thing about Frank is, he's the guy who can make that extra pass.
    We all know, he's going to love the defensive intensity from Mitchell Robinson and Frank Ntilikina. Inside D and Perimeter D.

    I think, he'll definitely turn the Knicks around...Thibs got the miserable T-Wolves to the playoffs for the first time in 14 seasons. Part of that reason was bringing in, Jimmy Butler who he played a role in developing. When Butler was drafted, his numbers didn't look much better than Iman Shumpert. Boy, did he turn it around. That's why I have faith that Frank Ntilikina will become a much more rounded player IF the Knicks keep him around and hire Thibs.

    I'm curious to see who the Knicks draft with their plethora of picks. It would be nice if they got Haliburton. A three guard rotation was a huge part of the Pistons. Why can't the Knicks replicate that success? Also a passing power forward would be great.

    Hopefully the Knicks 86 all these selfish vets who didn't make the team any better, if anything took valuable playing time to develop. Thibs is going to run with the youth. You watch.
    Iím guessing you never watched those Bulls teams bc they didnít have many creators and made up for it by letting Rose completely dominate the ball and attack the defense every play. They even followed that game plan when Rose went down with Nate Robinson for a while. If he followed the same recipe here, which I donít think he would (he didnít in Minn), the ball would always be in Julius Randles hands bc he attacks and gets to the rim better then anyone on the team.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 04-19-2020 at 11:17 AM.
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  7. #142
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    22,100
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Iím guessing you never watched those Bulls teams bc they didnít have many creators and made up for it by letting Rose completely dominate the ball and attack the defense every play. They even followed that game plan when Rose went down with Nate Robinson for a while. If he followed the same recipe here, which I donít think he would (he didnít in Minn), the ball would always be in Julius Randles hands bc he attacks and gets to the rim better then anyone on the team.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Wouldn't RJ be his butler here instead of Randle? I just cant see him liking Randle with his no defense attitude hell Rose doesn't like Randle either.

  8. #143
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Staten island Ny
    Posts
    29,844
    Randle will be traded.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

  9. #144
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    47,006

    Tom Thibodeau as the Knicks head coach is 90% likely as Leon Rose coming soon

    Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post
    Wouldn't RJ be his butler here instead of Randle? I just cant see him liking Randle with his no defense attitude hell Rose doesn't like Randle either.
    Butler wasnít near as ball dominate as Rose was on the Bulls. Thibs coached Minn differently. He wouldnít coach this team the way he coached the Bulls either but that was the comparison the poster I quoted made. I think if he treated us like he did the Bulls the ball would be in Randles hands a whole lot. RJ just isnít that good yet. Regardless I was just disagreeing with the notion that Thibs Bulls were some ball movement heavy team with out a black hole bc of assist totals.

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 04-19-2020 at 08:07 PM.
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  10. #145
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    5,506
    Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    Randle will be traded.
    Please God

  11. #146
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    1,048
    It would be a minor miracle if Julius Randle was traded but his contract is impossible to move. Who would be stupid enough to take him?

    However I can see Thibs tolerating Randle till his contract is up. Jimmy Butler ripped the Wolves for being more concerned about personal stats than winning. Thibs got enough out of the lazy Wolves to make the playoffs.

    He'll definitely get better results IF the Knicks draft a really good point guard to compliment a jack of all trades forward in RJ Barrett, defensive stoppers in Frank Ntilikina and Mitchell Robinson. $37M off the books...hopefully the Knicks don't splurge. Just develop.

    My hope is, Thibs can rebuild Knox's confidence. If Knox becomes a bust, that's a huge miss of an opportunity during that draft.

  12. #147
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Staten island Ny
    Posts
    29,844
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    It would be a minor miracle if Julius Randle was traded but his contract is impossible to move. Who would be stupid enough to take him?

    However I can see Thibs tolerating Randle till his contract is up. Jimmy Butler ripped the Wolves for being more concerned about personal stats than winning. Thibs got enough out of the lazy Wolves to make the playoffs.

    He'll definitely get better results IF the Knicks draft a really good point guard to compliment a jack of all trades forward in RJ Barrett, defensive stoppers in Frank Ntilikina and Mitchell Robinson. $37M off the books...hopefully the Knicks don't splurge. Just develop.

    My hope is, Thibs can rebuild Knox's confidence. If Knox becomes a bust, that's a huge miss of an opportunity during that draft.
    Randle is basically an expiring contract lol
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

  13. #148
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,528
    If any of the following were to be made coach of the Knicks it would be fine: Atkinson, Van Gundy, Calipari or Tibs. Not a big Mark Jackson fan .

  14. #149
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    7,878
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    It would be a minor miracle if Julius Randle was traded but his contract is impossible to move. Who would be stupid enough to take him?

    However I can see Thibs tolerating Randle till his contract is up. Jimmy Butler ripped the Wolves for being more concerned about personal stats than winning. Thibs got enough out of the lazy Wolves to make the playoffs.

    He'll definitely get better results IF the Knicks draft a really good point guard to compliment a jack of all trades forward in RJ Barrett, defensive stoppers in Frank Ntilikina and Mitchell Robinson. $37M off the books...hopefully the Knicks don't splurge. Just develop.

    My hope is, Thibs can rebuild Knox's confidence. If Knox becomes a bust, that's a huge miss of an opportunity during that draft.
    I agree that Frank should start at SG next to a good PG who can score and attack the basket. Thibs is best at coaching that style. Knox is still so young, almost 2 years younger than Obi Toppin from this draft. He still has time to get better and improve overall. Keep in mind Rashard Lewis when you think of Knox. They both came in the NBA super young and Lewis was actually worst than Knox in his first 2 seasons and in his 3rd season averaged what Knox average his rookie year but Lewis went on the average close to 20ppg in around 8 seasons. He was a good stretch 4 who played about half of his minutes at SF too... That's Kevin Knox all day.

  15. #150
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    1,048
    I'm pulling for Kevin Knox but I'm not sure what his role is going to be, moving forward.

    Another interesting item will be the fate of Dennis Smith Jr. Does he have a place on Thibs team (should he get hired)? I don't know any top 10 pick in recent years who dropped off the radar after a promising rookie season. Can Perry even get a bag of balls for him?

Page 10 of 39 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •