Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 37 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    This team was built to make the playoffs. Marc Berman, author of this 15 part Knicks evaluation...was the one who reported former Team President Mills, "Win or Bust" mission statement.

I get it. GM Scott Perry was thinking, "If I sign these vets to short-term deals they'll be playing for their next contract." Except there's a problem. Guys who play for their next contract are mostly interested in personal stats and not winning.

Perry thought he'd have potential playoff buyers. Well he got a late first rounder and second rounder for Morris the Cat. Trust me when I say, Kawhi Leonard would love that trade to be reversed after Morris waived him off and proceeded to brick 0-7 vs the Lakers on 3/8.

That was it.

So I don't understand why anyone would think this dumpster fire of veteran roster was going to go anywhere unless former Team President Steve Mills and GM Scott Perry.

Well, again...who else wants to come to New York?

The Knicks have had 13 coaches in the last 25 years.

During that span, overpaying for aging veterans. Trading depth in hopes of fast tracking a "super" team. Changing the style of play to fit the style du jour. Giving up on young draft picks after 3 seasons (think 3 Knick draft picks stayed longer than 3 seasons).

Then the off court circus. Dolan vs Oakley. Dolan vs Spike Lee.

When Thibs was coach of the Chicago Bulls, he showed game tape of a scrappy 90s Knicks team that gave Michael Jordan & the Bulls a run for their money. As Jordan put it in 1993, "We swept Miami and we expect to just walk through New York..." In other words, the Knicks are known as chumps who fold like a cheap suit. Well...not so fast, MJ.

During this time, Thibs as coach of the Bulls did his own version of chalkboard motivation. It was similar to Pat Riley who wrote in the Knicks' locker room before practice: Confidence. Get IT into your head.

Thibs might not be "the GUY" who gets the Knicks a title but similar to how Rick Carlisle was a HUGE factor in changing the fortunes of the Detroit Pistons before Larry Brown came in for the coupe de grace...or Joe Torre took over for Buck Showalter...Thibs will bring these guys together into some semblance of a team.

And THAT is a vital first step before overpaying for superstar free agents.
    Last edited by Dr. Detfink; 04-14-2020 at 03:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    Well, again...who else wants to come to New York?

The Knicks have had 13 coaches in the last 25 years.

During that span, overpaying for aging veterans. Trading depth in hopes of fast tracking a "super" team. Changing the style of play to fit the style du jour. Giving up on young draft picks after 3 seasons (think 3 Knick draft picks stayed longer than 3 seasons).

Then the off court circus. Dolan vs Oakley. Dolan vs Spike Lee.

When Thibs was coach of the Chicago Bulls, he showed game tape of a scrappy 90s Knicks team that gave Michael Jordan & the Bulls a run for their money. As Jordan put it in 1993, "We swept Miami and we expect to just walk through New York..." In other words, the Knicks are known as chumps who fold like a cheap suit. Well...not so fast, MJ.

During this time, Thibs as coach of the Bulls did his own version of chalkboard motivation. It was similar to Pat Riley who wrote in the Knicks' locker room before practice: Confidence. Get IT into your head.

Thibs might not be "the GUY" who gets the Knicks a title but similar to how Rick Carlisle was a HUGE factor in changing the fortunes of the Detroit Pistons before Larry Brown came in for the coupe de grace...or Joe Torre took over for Buck Showalter...Thibs will bring these guys together into some semblance of a team.

And THAT is a vital first step before overpaying for superstar free agents.
    I cannot argue with this.

Thibs is the perfect guy for us right now and stars want to play for him im worried brk might steal him from us

Iím fine with thibbs JVG or Atkinson. None of it will matter without more talent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I look at every coach name as future scapegoat aka it's not Dolan's fault lol.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

I'd like to see Jeff Van Gundy return as well...but has that ship sailed?

I hope he gets the head coach job.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    I'd like to see Jeff Van Gundy return as well...but has that ship sailed?
    He quit on us f him.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Let's say Thibs is the HC. Who do you pick for Asst coach?

Thibs is my second choice behind JVG. I want an experienced, strict disciplinarian. This no time to experiment. Go with someone who has proven he can do the job and succeed. As far this bs about Thibs being too old school and not being able to adapt - it's all bs. I keep hearing about this 'new game, new game, new game.' It's bs! You do not need to shoot 40 threes a game to win! You can still win with a traditional lineup as long as it complements each player and you can defend. And there is nothing wrong with playing your star players 35 mpg and expecting them to play all 82 games. This load management is bs. Star players have been playing big minutes since the beginning of time!

Quote Originally Posted by ManningToTyree View Post
    Iím fine with thibbs JVG or Atkinson. None of it will matter without more talent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Exactly. If anyone is expecting any coach to take THIS roster to the playoffs, you are going to be disappointed. This is one of the worst rosters and least talented in the entire league. Next season is a wash regardless of the coach UNLESS they somehow acquire a lot more talent.

Not enough talent lets go chase high priced coach to solve the problem lol we will hire agent as president his high priced client as coach and gm ............ uh lets focus on season ticket sales first KNOCKS 2021

Thibs is the one guy who really wants to coach the Knicks. I bet he doesn't even demand a ridiculous salary. He is just a New York guy. Hard work and discipline will be the Knicks identity with him as coach.

Cole Anthony is the type of talent that Thibs will have looking like a young Derrick Rose....

http://bleacherreport.com/post/nba-d...3-9e0277f2f6a5

Page 9 of 37 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast