Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 20 of 55 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Itís like the movie Inception

We are like 3 levels deep in a nightmare. Wake up from one, right into another
    Lol well in fairness the Knicks did have a great season under Woody. But yeah he is not the answer for HC.

I'm glad the Knicks are giving Woody an interview which shows the rest of the league he is available. I was pissed when Phil fired Woody who got the best from the talent he had.

Thibs is the Guy... Knicks are just interviewing other candidates out of respect.

Thibs should be the first move Rose makes so that he can share with Perry the kind of players he wants.

Second... Trade Julius and DSJ for CP3

Third... Draft Obi Toppin and Lewis

Fourth... Bring back Melo as 6th man off the bench.

My dream rotation next season:

CP3 / Kira
    RJ / Frank
    Knox / Iggy
    Obi / Melo
    Mitch / Wooten / Taj

Make it happen Leon Rose

Mike Woodson supported Mr Floppy, Raymond Felton after he pleaded guilty to a gun charge and threatening a woman whom he was f#5king. Mike Woodson supported Melo who was undermining Jeremy Lin who was delegated to the bench after Linsanity exploded and brought the Knicks back to 1 game under .500 after nearly being 10 games below with Amar'e and Melo out with injuries. Mike Woodson allowed JR Smith to show up to pregame practice high as a kite until JR could barely make practice. Mike Woodson failed to reel in Iman Shumpert who was not putting in any effort into his offensive game and BFF Jr Smith was giving him bad advice.

I get Mike Woodson was coddling his best players and trying to go with the flow but this was a disaster in the making. After 1.25 seasons as Knicks coach, it ALL backfired and he was rightfully fired for losing control of the Knicks.

That said, Mike Woodson getting the minority interview quota is a trick and pony show. A more realistic interview would be Mark Jackson who probably would agree to be an assistant under Thibs.

As for Melo, Chauncey Billups said it best on ESPN...Melo was always happy/picking every one up after a loss so long as he scored over 30 pts. Melo was irritable and difficult to talk to if he scored under 20 pts in a win.

Carmelo Anthony is Sidney Deane: Would rather look good in a loss than win ugly. Only the Rockets had the sac to tell it to his face before dumping him after 10 games.

He'll be 36 next season. MSG has done a lot of flaky PR moves. Why not?

Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    I'm glad the Knicks are giving Woody an interview which shows the rest of the league he is available. I was pissed when Phil fired Woody who got the best from the talent he had.

Thibs is the Guy... Knicks are just interviewing other candidates out of respect.

Thibs should be the first move Rose makes so that he can share with Perry the kind of players he wants.

Second... Trade Julius and DSJ for CP3

Third... Draft Obi Toppin and Lewis

Fourth... Bring back Melo as 6th man off the bench.

My dream rotation next season:

CP3 / Kira
    RJ / Frank
    Knox / Iggy
    Obi / Melo
    Mitch / Wooten / Taj

Make it happen Leon Rose
    Your dream is an average *** team lmao
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Tom Thibodeau as the Knicks head coach is 90% likely as Leon Rose coming soon

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    I doubt if Frank having a couple really good games last year is getting anyone other then Frank Stans hard. He had a great impact in those Dallas games. That wasnít his norm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 06-06-2020 at 01:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I doubt if Frank having a couple really good games last year is getting anyone other then Frank Stans hard. He had a great impact in those Dallas games. That wasnít his norm

He was inconsistent but heís a good role player. Heíd be much better on a team that could win. He showed some flashes at the end of the year. Hopefully he could put it together.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    He was inconsistent but heís a good role player. Heíd be much better on a team that could win. He showed some flashes at the end of the year. Hopefully he could put it together.
    I donít think he is good role player yet. I do think other then Mitch he has the best physical tools on the team. Unfortunately he is limited in terms of offense skill and has rarely showed the type of motor he showed in those Dallas games. I think if he going to impact games regularly he either has to get much more skilled offensively or he has to bring that type of energy and aggression regularly. I think the later is more likely if he is to become a guy that consistently impacts games. Maybe he just needs the right coach to unlock that I donít know. If Thibs comes and Frank starts to be more then just a solid competent defender but an impactful energy guy on that end who chips in on O that would be great.

Frank will be fine if we get thibs

Ge showed flashes in the season and he played great over seas

Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    Frank will be fine if we get thibs

Ge showed flashes in the season and he played great over seas
    Yeah thibs the greatest coach of all time heíll sure work up everyone and devolpe everyone
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    guarding a 7'3 guy and more than holding his own and still being able to guard PG's and handle the rock like a PG. Frank has unique talents.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    guarding a 7'3 guy and more than holding his own and still being able to guard PG's and handle the rock like a PG. Frank has unique talents.
    I agree. He doesnít use them to impact games on a regular basis. He needs to do more then be able to match up with different guys and play solid D. He needs to disrupt or get significantly better on the other end

I agree. He doesnít use them to impact games on a regular basis. He needs to do more then be able to match up with different guys and play solid D. He needs to disrupt or get significantly better on the other end

Yes he needs to improve his offensive game substantially, agree.

His net rating/on-off splits etc seem to suggest he does impact games on a regular basis however.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    Yes he needs to improve his offensive game substantially, agree.

His net rating/on-off splits etc seem to suggest he does impact games on a regular basis however.
    I know your going to live and die with that but i think what that shows is he can be used situationally. When his role was expanded the team failed miserably. He does bring something unique. Itís not surprising that in situationally he can play. I think he needs to get better on O or be more disruptive on D to be more then an end of the rotation guy.

Last edited by ewing; 06-06-2020 at 03:53 PM.

agreed but he's 21, it wouldn't be unusual for a guy drafted at 18 like him to take a few years to find his niche.

I trust Thibs will help him

Page 20 of 55 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast