Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 17 of 55 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    Marc Jackson is as deserving of another shot or 3, as anyone and he clearly did a great job with a historically terrible team in GS. People dont want to give him a shot but were dying to give a nobody like Luke Walton a shot. Go figure...
    I mean I wouldnít want Luke Walton either lol

More receipts on Mark Jackson's coaching tenure:

https://twitter.com/thealexwolfe/sta...54593223405569

Former Nets head coach Kenny Atkinson is expected to interview for the Knicks coaching position, according to Ian Begley of SNY.tv.

Atkinson, Knicks interim head coach Mike Miller and Tom Thibodeau are some of the names being thrown around with Leon Rose now in charge of the Knicks. Atkinson and the Nets mutually parted ways, and Atkinson may not have been let go based on just wins and losses. Even if Atkinson doesn't get the Knicks job, there's a very good chance another team hires him as their head coach.

SOURCE: SNY.tv
    May 27, 2020, 3:25 PM ET
    Rotoworld

Quote Originally Posted by DeeJay View Post
    Rotoworld
    Hell yeah heís my pick

Yeah Atkinson would be my choice as well.

6. 05-27-2020, 07:49 PM
    Reason
    Baiting/response to baiting

Tom Thibodeau has a .589 winning percentage. Kenny Atkinson has a .383 winning percentage. It'll be interesting to see who the Knicks go with.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    Tom Thibodeau has a .589 winning percentage. Kenny Atkinson has a .383 winning percentage. It'll be interesting to see who the Knicks go with.
    Context and situation plays a role but I would still go with Thibs. He has a proven track record. We need a strict disciplinarian who will build a culture of toughness, accountability and defense. Been there done that with the player friendly *** kissing coaches. And if a player cannot handle playing 37 mpg, I don't want him on the team anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by beagleboss View Post
    Context and situation plays a role but I would still go with Thibs. He has a proven track record. We need a strict disciplinarian who will build a culture of toughness, accountability and defense. Been there done that with the player friendly *** kissing coaches. And if a player cannot handle playing 37 mpg, I don't want him on the team anyway.
    I like Thibs and Iíll be happy with him too but just to say it we did this with Larry Brown too and it didnít work out great. Then again those were the Isaiah years so...

Ive always liked thibs a ton, but the way it blew up in minny, you have to wonder if his style works with this newer generation of players.

Theae dudes dont want to play grind basketball, they just want to chuck all day.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    Ive always liked thibs a ton, but the way it blew up in minny, you have to wonder if his style works with this newer generation of players.

Theae dudes dont want to play grind basketball, they just want to chuck all day.
    MIN was more of a veteran team though, and KAT & Wiggins seem like they didn't want to be challenged.

We have a young team and I don't think RJ will shy away from being challenged at all. He has the makeup to work hard and get better. I also think Thibs could actually give us an identity of DEFENSE with Mitch & Frank. this team has lacked idendity for so long.

I was against Thibs at first but I'm for it now, Knox needs some tough love too and if he can't handle it then he's probably never going to be good.

Taj can stick around and vouch for Thibs and be the vet leader.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post

Chucking all day does not win. If there are players who do not want to play the way Thibs wants, get them out of here. The idea that every team needs to be the Houston Rockets is ridiculous. You can still win with a halfcourt, grind it out, defensive system if you have the right players and coach.

Quote Originally Posted by beagleboss View Post
    Chucking all day does not win. If there are players who do not want to play the way Thibs wants, get them out of here. The idea that every team needs to be the Houston Rockets is ridiculous. You can still win with a halfcourt, grind it out, defensive system if you have the right players and coach.
    I agree that every team doesnít have to be the Rockets, but what was the last grind it out team that was even a contender, let alone a champion? If Thibs is going to play a half court, grind it out style, itíll be a failure before it even starts.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    I agree that every team doesnít have to be the Rockets, but what was the last grind it out team that was even a contender, let alone a champion? If Thibs is going to play a half court, grind it out style, itíll be a failure before it even starts.
    MIN had a great offense under THibs though. they would have easily been a 50+ win team if Butler hadn't gotten hurt that year. I don't think KAT & Wiggins are winning players at the end of the day, or at least not as dedicated as a Butler or Thibs.

Tom Thibodeau as the Knicks head coach is 90% likely as Leon Rose coming soon

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    Toronto was kinda like that (I know they had Kawhi). Guys like FVV, Lowry, and Gasol are grind it out kind of players IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    MIN had a great offense under THibs though. they would have easily been a 50+ win team if Butler hadn't gotten hurt that year. I don't think KAT & Wiggins are winning players at the end of the day, or at least not as dedicated as a Butler or Thibs.
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Toronto was kinda like that (I know they had Kawhi). Guys like FVV, Lowry, and Gasol are grind it out kind of players IMO.
    I think thereís a middle ground is all Iím saying. Itís not Rockets or Grizzlies. Also at the very least we know that the Rockets style does work. Teams like the Grizzlies couldnít hang which is why they donít exist anymore.

I donít think that Thibs will do that. It was just a response to the post about being primarily a grind it out half court team. That hasnít worked in over a decade.

Page 17 of 55 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast