Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 43 of 55 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    The issue with Kidd is the fact, he falls in love with a job but after a couple seasons he wants to move onto something else.

He did an admirable job in his first HC gig in Brooklyn where he had to deal with a lot of personalities.

Deron Williams HATED NYC. Deron showed up for practice (sometimes) completely unenthused.

Paul Pierce was suffering from PTSD. He thought he was going to finish his career in Boston but Ainge who NEVER liked Pierce's attitude, threatened to trade Pierce before the KG trade...well Ainge followed through with his threat after Boston lost to the Knicks in 7 games.

Kevin Garnett played on one leg and was finally paying for being one of the dirtiest players in the league.

Kidd bolted to Milwaukee...and the Bucks gave 2 second round picks for him. Similarly, Kidd did really well but lost interested and did his best to get fired, with an above .500 record of 23-22.

The Knicks' job requires WORK...and more work. This is not a light hobby gig.

And that's why I hope Thibs gets it.

Kidd kinda stinks. Only reason heís interesting is we are likely drafting a PG and Giannis loves him. Only 2 reasons. Heís been very mediocre as a coach. Also we won in 6 not 7 games against Boston
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

If thibs can't make Knicks 30 win team then nobody can save them. Without a real gm and pg this will be there max potential possible lol.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post
    If thibs can't make Knicks 30 win team then nobody can save them. Without a real gm and pg this will be there max potential possible lol.

Nothing matters more than the players themselves.

You can get Popovich and Ujiri and it wonít matter until they actually have good players and players to build around.

I guess thatís my way of saying that Thibs and any GM with this current roster likely isnít getting to 30 wins.

Prior to the season, I predicted around 26 wins and stated that I would be more surprised at 30+ than under 20. Sometimes these things are obvious, but we let us being fans get in the way of seeing it.

Unless youíre going to guarantee that RJ takes a huge step forward and/or that theyíll bring in an impact free agent or draft pick, I think itís more likely than not that they wonít win 30 games next year regardless of who the coach is.
    Last edited by smood999; 07-16-2020 at 11:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post

You can get Popovich and Ujiri and it wonít matter until they actually have good players and players to build around.

I guess thatís my way of saying that Thibs and any GM with this current roster likely isnít getting to 30 wins.

Prior to the season, I predicted around 26 wins and stated that I would be more surprised at 30+ than under 20. Sometimes these things are obvious, but we let us being fans get in the way of seeing it.

Unless youíre going to guarantee that RJ takes a huge step forward and/or that theyíll bring in an impact free agent or draft pick, I think itís more likely than not that they wonít win 30 games next year regardless of who the coach is.
    Agreed our division is also crazy phi bos brk are all really good teamsters east is going to be a lot harder next year unless we trade for cp3 or dipo 25 wins is probably what we do next year too

C'mon Miller had these guys heading towards 30 wins and our schedule wasn't crazy hard to finish. And if we didn't have Disaster Fizdale to begin season, we would have likely finished around 30 wins.

RJ will definitely take a jump in season 2. He showed enough flashes that the greater consistency of a second season will definitely show in his play.

Quote Originally Posted by KnicksFan4Years View Post
    C'mon Miller had these guys heading towards 30 wins and our schedule wasn't crazy hard to finish. And if we didn't have Disaster Fizdale to begin season, we would have likely finished around 30 wins.

RJ will definitely take a jump in season 2. He showed enough flashes that the greater consistency of a second season will definitely show in his play.
    Look at the teams they beat. Miller got the soft part of the schedule.

They beat three .500 or better teams - Indiana, Miami, and Houston.

Itís no different than what you see every year from this team. During KPs last season, they started off on pace for 40 plus wins because it was the easy part of their schedule. They quickly were the worst team in the league even before he tore his ACL as the competition became harder.

Stop buying these runs against easy teams as some proof of anything.
    Last edited by smood999; 07-17-2020 at 01:12 PM.

The Fizdale disaster was a major blunder in the making. He was an example of a puppet coach whom superstars want hired so they can walk all over him. Former Team President Steve Mills bought into it. He actually thought Fizdale would help attract Durant and another superstar.

Without the superstars, Fizdale was exposed. He didn't give a damn about Frank. He didn't work on Kevin Knox's shot selection. This guy was waiting to be fired.

I can't believe as fans we're quibbling over 30 wins. You think, Boston is happy about 30 wins? Philly? Miami? LA Lakers or Clippers? Houston? Dallas?

Oh please. Pathetic.

Get a head coach with a system. Get a head coach who isn't afraid to stand up to a player. Challenge him. Make him a better man.

NO ONE expects the next HC to get a championship but there should be a progression from season to season. Not a flat line.
    Last edited by Dr. Detfink; 07-17-2020 at 01:22 PM.

When Morris was traded and Knicks threw their hands in the air, Miller started Harkless even when this season was going no where, and more shooting was needed around RJ and Mitch. That was it for me. Miller got stuck in his ways playing vets just like other coaches we bash.

one underrated aspect of Thibs is how well he does with PG's.

Rose is the obvious example, but look at the years Hinrich had in CHI, his best years. Nate Robinson was out of the league, THibs took him from the scrap pile and Nate played all 82 games that year was averaging 16 & 4 in a pretty deep playoff run that year on a team that wasn't supposed to advance. he was pretty much out of the league after that.

Rondo too had a nice resurgence under THibs, CHI was on their way to beating BOS before Rondo got hurt.

If we stay in that 6-8 range I think Cole should be our guy and I think Thibs can get the best from him.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post

Rose is the obvious example, but look at the years Hinrich had in CHI, his best years. Nate Robinson was out of the league, THibs took him from the scrap pile and Nate played all 82 games that year was averaging 16 & 4 in a pretty deep playoff run that year on a team that wasn't supposed to advance. he was pretty much out of the league after that.

Rondo too had a nice resurgence under THibs, CHI was on their way to beating BOS before Rondo got hurt.

If we stay in that 6-8 range I think Cole should be our guy and I think Thibs can get the best from him.
    As good as thibs is he's not a going to turn Frank or Dsj into N8 type production or hinrich type iq it's just not possible. Coaching is not where Knicks are lacking they need a Professional GM who knows what he's doing not a agent president/cap expert group of suits running front office.

Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post
    As good as thibs is he's not a going to turn Frank or Dsj into N8 type production or hinrich type iq it's just not possible. Coaching is not where Knicks are lacking they need a Professional GM who knows what he's doing not a agent president/cap expert group of suits running front office.

where did i say Frank or DSJR? I said COLE if we draft him. Frank i'm sure would have a key role under Thibs but doubtful as starting PG. But Frank certainly isn't lacking in the IQ dept either. Truth be told DSJR already produced like Nate in DAL, so who knows even. but my hope would be more for someone like Cole, or if we were lucky enough to get Ball.
    Last edited by nycericanguy; 07-19-2020 at 10:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post

Fair point..

Atkinson did well with DLo and Dinwiddie too. Who knows how much is the coach, and how much is the player

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Fair point..

Atkinson did well with DLo and Dinwiddie too. Who knows how much is the coach, and how much is the player
    Looking back on it, DíAngelo isnít ready to give Atkinson all the credit. In his eyes, Atkinson only went to him as a last resort, when Caris LeVert and Spencer Dinwiddie were injured.

ďIím not going to give it to Kenny,Ē he said. ďI still donít think he knew what he had, honestly. I donít think he knew what I was capable of in the fourth quarter.Ē

He found out eventually and Russell started 81 games in his second season in Brooklyn, made the All-Star team and led the Nets to the playoffs. But when Kyrie Irving and Kevin Durant decided to team up in Brooklyn, it was time for him to pack up again.
    https://theathletic.com/1755906/2020...s-nets-lakers/

This is also similar to Steve Kerr and Draymond. As fans we get into this habit of seeing a young player become good and automatically crediting the coach or organization.

https://theathletic.com/1755906/2020...s-nets-lakers/

This is also similar to Steve Kerr and Draymond. As fans we get into this habit of seeing a young player become good and automatically crediting the coach or organization.
    at the very least it goes against the notion that Thibs can't develop young players.

Him getting the most out of a PG like Nate though, who was a vet min signing when no one wanted him, shows he knows how to use a PG.

In regards to that awful piece in the Athletic....

Let's be clear.

D'Angelo Russell is/was a punk. He drank his own kool-aid much how a sailor drank his own urine when left out to sea.

The Lakers didn't hesitate to ship him out when Lonzo Ball was drafted, which is ironic seeing how Lonzo Ball was sent packing. Both were more interested in instagram, promoting their own brand than getting better at basketball.

D'Angelo Russell became a better player in Brooklyn because he was humbled. He knew if he didn't get better, Brooklyn would be his last stop.

He's LUCKY Kenny Atkinson was his coach who lived with the holes in his game. Someone like Rick Carlisle, he'd be playing in the CBA or in China.

I just love the fact, Golden State signed D'Angelo Russell to a lucrative deal and dumped him on Minnesota. The Knicks can't give away their players.

Page 43 of 55 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast