Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 35 of 55 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
    Ime Udoka is interesting

Part of me wonders if this is a bit early? The NBA draft is not going to happen until the end of August (which is foolish). I don't see Rose hiring a coach without knowing who the Knicks are drafting and which coach is the best fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    Part of me wonders if this is a bit early? The NBA draft is not going to happen until the end of August (which is foolish). I don't see Rose hiring a coach without knowing who the Knicks are drafting and which coach is the best fit.
    Wouldn’t it just be better to pick the coach, and let him/her have some input on the pick?

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Wouldn’t it just be better to pick the coach, and let him/her have some input on the pick?
    Not in my opinion. You can listen to his opinion but I can't imagine the Knicks budget as it pertains to scouting and etc. Bringing in a guy 30 days before a decision you've invested millions in already, and asking for input is ok but honestly, it doesn't seem necessary or better imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    Not in my opinion. You can listen to his opinion but I can't imagine the Knicks budget as it pertains to scouting and etc. Bringing in a guy 30 days before a decision you've invested millions in already, and asking for input is ok but honestly, it doesn't seem necessary or better imo.
    Think that also depends on the coach, and how much you value his reputation/opinion IMO. Like say, we hired Thibs. You don’t think they would talk to him before drafting?

If we go the big/established name route, I definitely think it matters. Likewise, we don’t even have a GM yet. Someone that’s going to be here longer term should have input
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 06-24-2020 at 08:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Think that also depends on the coach, and how much you value his reputation/opinion IMO. Like say, we hired Thibs. You don’t think they would talk to him before drafting?
    Nope. They might keep him in the loop but taking his opinion seriously is all together a different story. I doubt it. Certainly not a new coach, that's for sure. A free agent signing is likely very different but a draft choice, i don't see it.

A perfect example, ex-Knicks coach was endorsing Emmanuel Mudiay who is nothing more than a bench warmer. One of the few times, the Knicks actually drafted better.

Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    Nope. They might keep him in the loop but taking his opinion seriously is all together a different story. I doubt it. Certainly not a new coach, that's for sure. A free agent signing is likely very different but a draft choice, i don't see it.
    Fiz was reportedly the main reason why they drafted Knox. If Charlotte had listened to their head coach, they would’ve ended up with Donovan Mitchell instead of Monk.

Head coaches absolutely do have a say. They may not have the ultimate decision, but their voice is typically heard and it can go either way as I just highlighted.

The coaching search will be over before the draft and rightfully so. Everyone needs to be on the same page and there’s nothing wrong with getting different perspectives.

Also coaches are heavily involved in the interview and workout process. Many times the coach actually leads the workout.
    Last edited by smood999; 06-24-2020 at 01:07 PM.

We should definitely have a coach in place before the draft. FA starts very shortly after the draft. I would rather have that ducks in a row, rather than having so many moving pieces going on at once.

Our whole franchise is chaotic i doubt it matters if we have our coach or not

I will tell u this tho the longer this process takes thibs probably wont be our guy

The head coaching vacancy is more interesting than the roster. I'm just hoping whoever is the head coach implements a FAST PACED offense that utilizes the Knicks' youth and athleticism.

The Knicks don't have talent I don't see how Perry gets another another another chance but Miller gets replaced asap in a normal organization this would be stupid move. Without talent and a temporary GM why would you hire a new coach it doesn't make sense again in a normal world this would be very weird.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

Kidd sounds like the flashy name disaster hire we are accustomed to so I now expect him to get the job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ManningToTyree View Post
    Kidd sounds like the flashy name disaster hire we are accustomed to so I now expect him to get the job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Funny but my gut tells me this too! We will foolishly believe hiring Kidd is the gateway to signing Giannis! LOL And of course it will blow up in our faces.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    Fiz was reportedly the main reason why they drafted Knox. If Charlotte had listened to their head coach, they would’ve ended up with Donovan Mitchell instead of Monk.

Head coaches absolutely do have a say. They may not have the ultimate decision, but their voice is typically heard and it can go either way as I just highlighted.

The coaching search will be over before the draft and rightfully so. Everyone needs to be on the same page and there’s nothing wrong with getting different perspectives.

Also coaches are heavily involved in the interview and workout process. Many times the coach actually leads the workout.
    That's just not true is it? Please show me where you found that info. Head coaches work out the players that the org tells them to work out. They will assess the guys the ORG is thinking of picking but unless you have major clout, the coach has very little say. And there's just no way in hell that the Knicks will be taking the advice of a coach that arrives 30 days before the draft. Im not sure if the new coach will even be able to chose his assistants..lol

Page 35 of 55 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast