Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 34 of 55 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
Results 496 to 510 of 822
  1. #496
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,816
    Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    Nah. Lol only positive kidd would bring is helping our PG we draft become a star (hopefully)
    Imagine we draft Lamelo and Jkidd as the coach. It's going to be sky's the limit for that kid.


  2. #497
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    1,485
    Jason Kidd is a really good coach, maybe the BEST at developing a player and well-respected amongst veterans.

    He took a bunch of fossils playing for the Nets and squeezed a playoff appearance.

    ESPN Mina Kimes talked about Kidd's tenure with the Bucks, how he encouraged Giannis to develop his own style of play. The Bucks who are owned by a New York group of investors that grew up Knick fans...Kimes was working in New York at the time.

    The other shoe to Kidd is the fact, he gets burned out really quickly. He wanted out of the Bucks job after his 3rd season.

    I like Kidd for New York but New York is a TERRIBLE fit. For one thing, the media will go after the fact Kidd has a history of domestic violence.

    Today, they're firing people for anything they said THIRTY years ago...I don't think it's good for Jason.

  3. #498
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    68,493
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    Jason Kidd is a really good coach, maybe the BEST at developing a player and well-respected amongst veterans.

    He took a bunch of fossils playing for the Nets and squeezed a playoff appearance.

    ESPN Mina Kimes talked about Kidd's tenure with the Bucks, how he encouraged Giannis to develop his own style of play. The Bucks who are owned by a New York group of investors that grew up Knick fans...Kimes was working in New York at the time.

    The other shoe to Kidd is the fact, he gets burned out really quickly. He wanted out of the Bucks job after his 3rd season.

    I like Kidd for New York but New York is a TERRIBLE fit. For one thing, the media will go after the fact Kidd has a history of domestic violence.

    Today, they're firing people for anything they said THIRTY years ago...I don't think it's good for Jason.
    Yeah itís just not a good idea IMO. This team doesnít need anymore negative publicity and Kidd back in NYC seems like a disaster waiting to happen. But it wouldnít surprise me if we still brought him in.

  4. #499
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    9,217
    Id definitely take kidd over kenny but not thibs

  5. #500
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    6,178
    Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    Id definitely take kidd over kenny but not thibs
    What aspects of Kiddís coaching do you like better than Kennyís?

  6. #501
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    22,209
    Knicks need a PG Knicks decide to sign a former pg as coach lmao can't make this **** up.

    Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

  7. #502
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    9,217
    Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    What aspects of Kiddís coaching do you like better than Kennyís?
    The fact he actually coaches defense lol

  8. #503
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    9,217

  9. #504
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    9,933
    Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    So we are seriously talking about hiring a coach because we think he could bring a a star FA at some point. Damn team never learns. Isnít that why we hired Fizdale? Or why we brought in Phil?

    Pass on Kidd

  10. #505
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    15,944
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    So we are seriously talking about hiring a coach because we think he could bring a a star FA at some point. Damn team never learns. Isnít that why we hired Fizdale? Or why we brought in Phil?

    Pass on Kidd
    It says some teams, not the Knicks specifically. Naturally there will be speculation around that because of how close Kidd was to Giannis. If Curry was entertaining free agency and Mark Jackson was interviewing for jobs, the same would be said.

    It would be a typical Knicks move, but doubt they go down that road. It seems more like a courtesy/due diligence interview.
    Last edited by smood999; 06-23-2020 at 04:28 PM.

  11. #506
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    ROLL TIDE, Alabama
    Posts
    972
    There are a lot of good coaches out there and we have ran off good coaches. The success of the coach is going to be based on the roster they have to work with and how much time they give them. Our development of players and roster construction has been an issue with us for as long as I can remember. These two things have to improve, for any coach to make their mark on this franchise.

  12. #507
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    1,485
    I'm thinking, this drags out until after the NBA Draft which is in August?!?!

  13. #508
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    9,217
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    So we are seriously talking about hiring a coach because we think he could bring a a star FA at some point. Damn team never learns. Isnít that why we hired Fizdale? Or why we brought in Phil?

    Pass on Kidd
    Typical knicks moves if we skip thibs for kidd id be pissed

  14. #509
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    48,639
    Maybe Whoopi Goldberg can do the jorb


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  15. #510
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    9,933
    Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    Typical knicks moves if we skip thibs for kidd id be pissed
    Thibs is not my first pick, but I agree

Page 34 of 55 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •