Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 33 of 55 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
    I hear the janitor at McDonald's is drawing strong interest from Knicks brain trust.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post
    I hear the janitor at McDonald's is drawing strong interest from Knicks brain trust.

He has emerged as the front-runner according to sources close to the team. Stay tuned

Quote Originally Posted by beagleboss View Post
    Agree 110%. Many are overrating Atkinson. Look at his W/L record.

And it's not like Thibs has no resume of developing players either. Look at his Chicago teams. We are at the point where we need someone proven who will come in and kick butt and eliminate those are not suited to be here long term. Kind of like what Riley did in 92. This also reminds me of when the Giants hired Tom Coughlin. Many players and media hated it. This shouldn't be about hiring the coach who the players like the most. It should be about getting back to play defense and establishing a culture of hard work and accountability.

Also, many of you want Atkinson to develop the young players, correct? Do you realize the majority of our young players are garbage? By the time we are ready to be a legit playoff contender in 3-4 years at the earliest, I bet 90% of this current roster won't be here.
    Itís not fair to look at his record. He inherited a dumpster fire. Got them turned around, heading in the right direction faster than anticipated. Then got his team, and his locker room re-shuffled

Yes, Iím aware our young players are garbage. I only care about Mitch and RJ. And whoever we draft going forward. So what does that mean? Have to start somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    He has emerged as the front-runner according to sources close to the team. Stay tuned [emoji23]
    Remember when Mills and Perry were rumored to interview dozens of ppl but ended up meeting only like 2 guys.

Let's be clear: Kenny Atkinson's sole above .500 season with the Nets was a 42-40 record. The difference being, D'Angelo Russell had a breakout season during their 4th season.

Side note: The Knicks traditionally trade a young kid before he even gets to his 4th season. That includes Porzingis.

Back to the Nets. Sure, Atkinson helped. However, Russell was HURT by the LA Lakers who tossed him out in favor of Lonzo Ball (who was later dumped). Russell came to Brooklyn, motivated with a chip on his shoulder.

Russell along with Dinwiddie and Harris had a threesome. In the East, you don't have to be THAT good in order to make the playoffs. Does that make Atkinson overrated? No. Not at all. I just don't think Brooklyn is this glaring stand out reason to hire him.

Atkinson IS a Mike D'Antoni guy. If you want that style of coaching to return to the Garden, then fine. I just don't think he's necessarily a young man's coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    Let's be clear: Kenny Atkinson's sole above .500 season with the Nets was a 42-40 record. The difference being, D'Angelo Russell had a breakout season during their 4th season.

Side note: The Knicks traditionally trade a young kid before he even gets to his 4th season. That includes Porzingis.

Back to the Nets. Sure, Atkinson helped. However, Russell was HURT by the LA Lakers who tossed him out in favor of Lonzo Ball (who was later dumped). Russell came to Brooklyn, motivated with a chip on his shoulder.

Russell along with Dinwiddie and Harris had a threesome. In the East, you don't have to be THAT good in order to make the playoffs. Does that make Atkinson overrated? No. Not at all. I just don't think Brooklyn is this glaring stand out reason to hire him.

Atkinson IS a Mike D'Antoni guy. If you want that style of coaching to return to the Garden, then fine. I just don't think he's necessarily a young man's coach.
    Sorry this is bad analysis.

Atkinson had them shooting the second most threes in the league after the Rockets, and was forcing teams into the worst shots/offenses in the league. His perimeter defensive schemes pushing opposing offenses into inefficient midrange attempts while creating one of the best spaced offenses in the league is why heís good. The guy just understands modern b-ball and gets his teams to play the right way.

Heís also all about sharing the ball, no egos, and treating every player on the roster equally top to bottom. A guy like Randle is probably benched by Kenny, he understands how to win.

Jason Kidd uhh yeah I think heís got a good shot at the job.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Ben Simmons shoots like Mitch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not the point lol
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    Not the point lol
    Sure it is. When you say a guy is a legit jumper away it makes it sound like him isnít that far off from having a legit J. Simmons canít shoot outside the paint

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Not saying its gonna happen but kidd potentially can bring us Giannis

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Sure it is. When you say a guy is a legit jumper away it makes it sound like him isnít that far off from having a legit J. Simmons canít shoot outside the paint

Heís working on it. Once he gets confidence in shooting heíll be unstoppable
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    Not saying its gonna happen but kidd potentially can bring us Giannis
    Nah. Lol only positive kidd would bring is helping our PG we draft become a star (hopefully)
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Nah. Lol only positive kidd would bring is helping our PG we draft become a star (hopefully)
    I think we can do better. He has a lot of recent baggage.

Knicks Head Coaching Search

Heís working on it. Once he gets confidence in shooting heíll be unstoppable
    Ive never seen a guy go from worse than me in grammar school after 4 years in the NBA to can shoot. Its more then a confidence issue.

Last edited by ewing; 06-22-2020 at 10:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

I'm rooting for JKidd to be the HC. This team lacks a point guard ever since Mark Jackson left. If we hire a coach who is one of the greatest point guards who ever played the game, then I'm sure his insights on how he will develop the next point guard for this team will be so franchise changing for us.

Page 33 of 55 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast