Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 39 of 55 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    I donít think he has good speed/lateral movement, at least as far as defending is concerned. Also, he isnít a high motor/hustle guy. And he isnít a max compete guy either. He gets down easily

I just donít see those as traits of a good defensive player
    But at the 4, Iíd think Knox would have above average speed and lateral ability. If guys like Gallo and Tobias Harris can become average to above average defenders, I donít see why Knox couldnít.

I think the IQ is the biggest issue. Iím not too concerned about motor/hustle - he doesnít need to be dennis rodman to be an average defender.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    But at the 4, Iíd think Knox would have above average speed and lateral ability. If guys like Gallo and Tobias Harris can become average to above average defenders, I donít see why Knox couldnít.

I think the IQ is the biggest issue. Iím not too concerned about motor/hustle - he doesnít need to be dennis rodman to be an average defender.
    Gallo was an average defender all along. I remember him guarding big names, and not backing down. Gallos motor and desire is high enough. I donít see that from Knox. Gallos confidence was also never lacking

Quote Originally Posted by SK6 View Post
    Why?
    Because Knox is not a max effort player on the court.

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    Oh yeah he won huge in Minnesota.
    No disrespect but you sound foolish. It was their most wins in over a decade.

Kristaps Porzingis

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    I donít think he has good speed/lateral movement, at least as far as defending is concerned. Also, he isnít a high motor/hustle guy. And he isnít a max compete guy either. He gets down easily

I just donít see those as traits of a good defensive player
    Not only can that change as you get older but it can change with positive coaching and a positive atmosphere. I think he has more than enough speed at the 4 I worry about his strength there. But it looks like heís put on some muscle since the season was over
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    No disrespect but you sound foolish. It was their most wins in over a decade.
    Yeah he had jimmy butler and towns lol they went all in and he then lost the locker room. I like thibs but people act like heís this guy thatís going to change everything right away. It wonít happen without a major talent swing
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Knicks Head Coaching Search

Knoxís issue with defense is mostly IQ. His feel for the game is probably the worst Iíve ever seen. On both sides of the court.

Heís also a good athlete, but he seems to have slow feet. Heís not a strong guarding the perimeter and he lacks strength inside.

He has a lot of 3/4 tweener traits.

Yeah he had jimmy butler and towns lol they went all in and he then lost the locker room. I like thibs but people act like heís this guy thatís going to change everything right away. It wonít happen without a major talent swing
    So condescending as if saying "they had towns" actually means anything.

Thibs is guaranteed to change the culture and I believe Mitch and RJ are ripe to bye in and take huge strides.

Kristaps Porzingis

So condescending as if saying "they had towns" actually means anything.

Thibs is guaranteed to change the culture and I believe Mitch and RJ are ripe to bye in and take huge strides.
    Oh yeah towns blows worst C in basketball. Oh stop. He was great with jimmy there. Yeah theyíll take huge strides with any coach that isnít garbage.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Oh yeah towns blows worst C in basketball. Oh stop. He was great with jimmy there. Yeah theyíll take huge strides with any coach that isnít garbage.
    On the contrary, I think Towns is one of the most talented players in the NBA. He just hasn't won anything and I think the more logical conclusion would be to assume that the proven successful coach helped the player more than the other way around.

And to be honest I'm not sure Mitch and RJ take huge strides with any coach. I have serious concerns about both of them. That's why it is so critical we get Thibs.

Kristaps Porzingis

On the contrary, I think Towns is one of the most talented players in the NBA. He just hasn't won anything and I think the more logical conclusion would be to assume that the proven successful coach helped the player more than the other way around.

And to be honest I'm not sure Mitch and RJ take huge strides with any coach. I have serious concerns about both of them. That's why it is so critical we get Thibs.
    I mean who has towns had around him? Iím not saying thibs sucks Iím saying itís kinda crazy to act as if heís this all world coach. Heís good but heís not going to just come here and coach our team from last year and get us in the playoffs. I disagree, RJ is going to be good next year regardless of whoís the coach. Mitch I think with any coach will still be a great rim protector, not sure thibs helps Mitch reach his offensive potential but whatever weíll see who we go get. If itís thibs great if itís not it wonít be the end of the world
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

I mean who has towns had around him?
    I just disagreed with you lumping Towns and Butler together in a statement that downplayed Thib's role in the Wolves success. "Well he had Butler and Towns!" To me it sounded funny because Towns has only made the playoffs once in his career and Butler only played 59 games that season. I would argue that the coach deserves credit for leading that team to its best record in over 10 years.

Iím not saying thibs sucks Iím saying itís kinda crazy to act as if heís this all world coach.
    Tom Thibodeau's winning percentage is 58.9% for his coaching career. That obviously excludes his coaching tenures with the Knicks/Rockets (under JVG) and as the top defensive assistant in Boston (under Doc Rivers) where they won a championship. That is just as a head coach. Did you know there are only about 10 coaches in NBA History with a higher percentage and more wins? To me he seems clearly better than the other candidates being mentioned.

Heís good but heís not going to just come here and coach our team from last year and get us in the playoffs.
    Of course not. Our roster is a mess. He had a 31-51 season in Minnesota too. However, by year 2 he had turned them into a 47 win team and they were in the playoffs. He took a 41-41 Chicago Bulls team and led them to 62 wins and the #1 seed in the East. DRose was an MVP and Noah was a DPOY. You have to admit that it is an impressive resume.

I disagree, RJ is going to be good next year regardless of whoís the coach.
    Aren't you worried at all about his jump shot? Can you name me 3 successful wing players that shoot that poorly from the FT line?

Mitch I think with any coach will still be a great rim protector, not sure thibs helps Mitch reach his offensive potential but whatever weíll see who we go get. If itís thibs great if itís not it wonít be the end of the world
    Of course he will be a great rim protector but will he ever average 30mpg? He took a 25 year old Joakim Noah and made him a 2x all-star, all-nba 1st team, and DPOY. He led the Celtics to one of the 5 greatest team defensive seasons ever. I'm sorry but I'm drooling to put someone with his expertise next to Mitchell Robinson and see what happens.

Kristaps Porzingis

I just disagreed with you lumping Towns and Butler together in a statement that downplayed Thib's role in the Wolves success. "Well he had Butler and Towns!" To me it sounded funny because Towns has only made the playoffs once in his career and Butler only played 59 games that season. I would argue that the coach deserves credit for leading that team to its best record in over 10 years.

Tom Thibodeau's winning percentage is 58.9% for his coaching career. That obviously excludes his coaching tenures with the Knicks/Rockets (under JVG) and as the top defensive assistant in Boston (under Doc Rivers) where they won a championship. That is just as a head coach. Did you know there are only about 10 coaches in NBA History with a higher percentage and more wins? To me he seems clearly better than the other candidates being mentioned.

Of course not. Our roster is a mess. He had a 31-51 season in Minnesota too. However, by year 2 he had turned them into a 47 win team and they were in the playoffs. He took a 41-41 Chicago Bulls team and led them to 62 wins and the #1 seed in the East. DRose was an MVP and Noah was a DPOY. You have to admit that it is an impressive resume.

Aren't you worried at all about his jump shot? Can you name me 3 successful wing players that shoot that poorly from the FT line?

Of course he will be a great rim protector but will he ever average 30mpg? He took a 25 year old Joakim Noah and made him a 2x all-star, all-nba 1st team, and DPOY. He led the Celtics to one of the 5 greatest team defensive seasons ever. I'm sorry but I'm drooling to put someone with his expertise next to Mitchell Robinson and see what happens.
    Towns had a very good year, he obviously needs another star next to him to make any type of run or anything like that, weíll see he has Dlo Now so I guess weíll find out more about towns now. RJs 19 Iím not really worried about the FTs, heís a hard worker and all he really needs to get it to is 73+. If he could get to 45/73/35 splits I think thatís good enough with his skill set. Yes ideally Iíd want him at 47/80/40 but I think itís premature just to think he wonít improve from his bad shooting after 1 horrible year where we really surrounded him with garbage. Lots of rookies struggle. Fair point on Mitch I think he would benefit from a coach like thibs a lot. It still comes down to cs this front office bring talent in. Maybe thibs can get Knox to reach some of his potential thatís a big X factor in our roster imo. Someone had to get him to play well.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Knoxís issue with defense is mostly IQ. His feel for the game is probably the worst Iíve ever seen. On both sides of the court.

Heís also a good athlete, but he seems to have slow feet. Heís not a strong guarding the perimeter and he lacks strength inside.

He has a lot of 3/4 tweener traits.
    You nailed it he is very low IQ on the court which makes it tough to envision him reaching whatever ceiling he has

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sadly. I gotta agree with the observations on Knox. I'm rooting for the kid. I can't see past his regression during year 2.

On paper, the Knicks are arguably the most athletic youth driven teams out there but there's a catch-22: Can their basketball IQ develop and translate on the court?

Knick fans have argued this point. The truth is, it could happen next season or in 2 seasons or never. No one knows.

As for Karl-Anthony Towns, it wouldn't shock me if he's on a different team in 2-3 seasons. He's a Juwan Howard finalist. That being, a player who puts up lofty numbers but makes no one around him better and thus a career loser...meaning he NEEDS an A-list cast in order for a team to be a Playoff Contender.

BTW can't you say that about the Knicks as well?

Jimmy Butler ripped Towns a new one. Basically said, he didn't play hard in practice. Then revealed Towns is more in love with personal stats than winning.

I'm sorry...I don't think D'Angelo Russell is going to change anything.

Page 39 of 55 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast