Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 42 of 55 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    Haha well... honestly I donít think weíre hiring Kidd anyway. Personally I want Atkinson and Iím curious about Ime Udoka but weíre likely getting Thibs so it is what it is.

Thibs isnít my first choice but there are things I like about him.
    Same here. I like his toughness but I could see him playing Randle tons of minutes if he had the opportunity.

Yeah...I don't see Kidd coming here as well.

The New York media will definitely bring up the issue of domestic violence, also his history of being pulled over intoxicated while coaching the Nets in Brooklyn. This will obscure Kidd's ability to develop players.

It's unfortunate but you do have to have an edge and thick skin to be able to focus and succeed in New York. While Kidd has coached in New York, the media including ESPN l-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-ves to clown the Knicks.

Thibs is a tough love, father role.

He's NOT like Rick Carlisle. When Rick Carlisle was molding the Pistons, he told Ben Wallace, "Don't ever shoot. Ever." lol.

Rick doesn't candy coat things. IF he doesn't like you, he'll tell you or fight you(see Rondo).

Thibs will be hard on you but later explain why it's important to be in on every play.

Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    Same here. I like his toughness but I could see him playing Randle tons of minutes if he had the opportunity.
    Randle doesn't play D and seems set in his ways, I think RJ would be Thibs project. he has Jimmy Butler potential. but RJ seems like he has the work ethic to handle it.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    Randle doesn't play D and seems set in his ways, I think RJ would be Thibs project. he has Jimmy Butler potential. but RJ seems like he has the work ethic to handle it.
    You think there's anyway in hell that Thibs WON'T play Randle 30 minutes if he's here next yr? Lets be real. If Randle is here, he'll likely be the player getting the most minutes just like last yr. He's gotta go

Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    You think there's anyway in hell that Thibs WON'T play Randle 30 minutes if he's here next yr? Lets be real. If Randle is here, he'll likely be the player getting the most minutes just like last yr. He's gotta go
    i think it's fair to say Rose doesnt view Randle as a core piece despite Randle being only 25. if they can find a taker without giving up any assets I'm sure Randle will be gone. I would hope Thib's views align with the FO, and if Thibs really wants to develop RJ & Mitch, then playing Randle 30+mpg is probably not the best way to do that.

Honestly we need to purge and undo all those signings last year, but the worst were Randle & Payton.

Ther saying kidd is the favorite now

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    i think it's fair to say Rose doesnt view Randle as a core piece despite Randle being only 25. if they can find a taker without giving up any assets I'm sure Randle will be gone. I would hope Thib's views align with the FO, and if Thibs really wants to develop RJ & Mitch, then playing Randle 30+mpg is probably not the best way to do that.

Honestly we need to purge and undo all those signings last year, but the worst were Randle & Payton.
    I would hope they understand that Randle has to go but if he's here, you know he's going to be played, otherwise the locker-room drama shoots to RED. Payton was worth every dime and may be have his 8 mill picked up. I would pick it if I'm Knicks and have him come off the bench for the draft pick or player received back in a trade (CP3) we get cause we don't have another proven pg on the roster and even drafting one still guarantees nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    Ther saying kidd is the favorite now
    Where are you seeing that?

It says Thibs is still favorite under the headline.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    It says Thibs is still favorite under the headline.
    O lol well I didn't actually read it it was all over Facebook lol saying kidd is going to be the coach

I hope not this is the best fit for our team right not idk what kidd is actually good at besides the great freak lol

O lol well I didn't actually read it it was all over Facebook lol saying kidd is going to be the coach

I hope not this is the best fit for our team right not idk what kidd is actually good at besides the great freak lol
    I donít think it will be Kidd. As I said earlier Iím thinking Thibs is the hire although I still like Kenny personally.

Thibs will maximize even the young talent.

Thibs is the most proven coach out of all the coaches that interviewed.

Imo any player that doesn't eventually perform well under Thibs can be traded. His judgement and coaching can be trusted.

Quote Originally Posted by SK6 View Post
    Thibs will maximize even the young talent.

Thibs is the most proven coach out of all the coaches that interviewed.

Imo any player that doesn't eventually perform well under Thibs can be traded. His judgement and coaching can be trusted.
    yea if Thibs can't light a fire under KNox, then it's probably just not in him.

The issue with Kidd is the fact, he falls in love with a job but after a couple seasons he wants to move onto something else.

He did an admirable job in his first HC gig in Brooklyn where he had to deal with a lot of personalities.

Deron Williams HATED NYC. Deron showed up for practice (sometimes) completely unenthused.

Paul Pierce was suffering from PTSD. He thought he was going to finish his career in Boston but Ainge who NEVER liked Pierce's attitude, threatened to trade Pierce before the KG trade...well Ainge followed through with his threat after Boston lost to the Knicks in 7 games.

Kevin Garnett played on one leg and was finally paying for being one of the dirtiest players in the league.

Kidd bolted to Milwaukee...and the Bucks gave 2 second round picks for him. Similarly, Kidd did really well but lost interested and did his best to get fired, with an above .500 record of 23-22.

The Knicks' job requires WORK...and more work. This is not a light hobby gig.

And that's why I hope Thibs gets it.

Page 42 of 55 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast