Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 49 of 55 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast
    Due diligence or over thinking?

My local prejudice to Kenny has him in the mix but as Hahn stated same thing applies if Knicks wanted him he'd be signed already.

Unlike the past I'm thinking reporters, fans etc have no clue. Maybe a good thing, anything different regarding the Knicks is good, right?

welcome back STilla... we cant stay away...lol

Stilllll

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    Due diligence or over thinking?

My local prejudice to Kenny has him in the mix but as Hahn stated same thing applies if Knicks wanted him he'd be signed already.

Unlike the past I'm thinking reporters, fans etc have no clue. Maybe a good thing, anything different regarding the Knicks is good, right?
    Well I agree with you, the more time the Knick takes...the overthinking is bound to get them in trouble.

Remember this BS started nearly 2 decades ago...

2002: Don Chaney is a player's coach. He relates to the players. Fail.
    2004: Herb Williams has been a Knicks' assistant since Jesus walked the Earth. He's ready. Fail.
    2004: Lenny Wilkins is a consistent winner. Players love this guy. Mark Price vouches for him. Fail.
    2006: Larry Brown turns teams into playoff winners everywhere he goes. New York guy. Won a title with the Pistons. Fail.
    2007: Isiah Thomas is a bulldog. A born leader at Indiana and Detroit. Fail.
    2009: Magic Mike D'Antoni is an innovative offensive genius. Guys loved playing for him on the Dream Team. Free agents will flock to New York to play in that sytem. Fail.
    2012: Mike Woodson is a player's coach. He relates to players today. Fail.
    2015: Derek Fisher is a young coach who can build a rapport and teach/develop young players then sleep with their wives. Fail.
    2016: Kurt Rambis will fix the Knicks' defense. He learned from Phil Jackson in Los Angeles. Fail.
    2017: Jeff Hornacek is a bright mind, his basketball coaching IQ is brilliant. He brings the success he had in Phoenix. Fail.
    2018: David Fizdale was called a genius by D. Wade, Lebron James, Bosh. He'll develop young players. He taught Marc Gasol how to shoot a three. Fail.

Yeah. the Knicks ALWAYS trying to think out of the box by hiring a guy out in left field and pinning the knight in shining armor to save the franchise.

Do the right thing, Leon.

Hire the proven commodity. As much as I love Kenny, getting punk'd by Kyrie and Durant is the VERY reason why you should let Kenny do his thing in a smaller market like OKC.
    Last edited by Dr. Detfink; 07-23-2020 at 04:37 PM.

Knicks Head Coaching Search

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    welcome back STilla... we cant stay away...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    Well I agree with you, the more time the Knick takes...the overthinking is bound to get them in trouble.

Remember this BS started nearly 2 decades ago...

2002: Don Chaney is a player's coach. He relates to the players. Fail.
    2004: Herb Williams has been a Knicks' assistant since Jesus walked the Earth. He's ready. Fail.
    2004: Lenny Wilkins is a consistent winner. Players love this guy. Mark Price vouches for him. Fail.
    2006: Larry Brown turns teams into playoff winners everywhere he goes. New York guy. Won a title with the Pistons. Fail.
    2007: Isiah Thomas is a bulldog. A born leader at Indiana and Detroit. Fail.
    2009: Magic Mike D'Antoni is an innovative offensive genius. Guys loved playing for him on the Dream Team. Free agents will flock to New York to play in that sytem. Fail.
    2012: Mike Woodson is a player's coach. He relates to players today. Fail.
    2015: Derek Fisher is a young coach who can build a rapport and teach/develop young players then sleep with their wives. Fail.
    2016: Kurt Rambis will fix the Knicks' defense. He learned from Phil Jackson in Los Angeles. Fail.
    2017: Jeff Hornacek is a bright mind, his basketball coaching IQ is brilliant. He brings the success he had in Phoenix. Fail.
    2018: David Fizdale was called a genius by D. Wade, Lebron James, Bosh. He'll develop young players. He taught Marc Gasol how to shoot a three. Fail.

Yeah. the Knicks ALWAYS trying to think out of the box by hiring a guy out in left field and pinning the knight in shining armor to save the franchise.

Do the right thing, Leon.

Hire the proven commodity. As much as I love Kenny, getting punk'd by Kyrie and Durant is the VERY reason why you should let Kenny do his thing in a smaller market like OKC.
    I think this is proof that the coach wasnít the problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    where did i say Frank or DSJR? I said COLE if we draft him. Frank i'm sure would have a key role under Thibs but doubtful as starting PG. But Frank certainly isn't lacking in the IQ dept either. Truth be told DSJR already produced like Nate in DAL, so who knows even. but my hope would be more for someone like Cole, or if we were lucky enough to get Ball.
    I don't think Thibs is a genius who can turn around dsjr career or make frank grow to a new level but he can push RJ and Mitch little higher than Miller could he can teach defense and fundamentals of basketball which has become extinct in NYK. Overall the Knicks need talent more but they keep swapping coaches thinking it's always coaches fault not Dolan stupid ******** hires that builds the team.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

Just hire Atkinson

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Eds2IrvW...ng&name=medium

Thibs out here demanding a big salary dolan is unwilling to meet right now

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Eds2SR2X...ng&name=medium

Yikes

Quote Originally Posted by Praise_Di_Yute View Post
    Sounds like a negotiating tactic to me. I think the news about Kidd all along were leaks by Knicks insiders, attempting to lower Thibs asking price. If Kidd rumors were true, I'd welcome a new attitude Kidd realizing this will likely be his last shot if he doesn't play ball.

Basically, the Knicks brass want to also pick some of Thibs assistants. I don't know. This is already sounding like a dick swinging contest. Get Kenny in here w/ Woody ast to develop these guys.
    Last edited by Bivory; 07-24-2020 at 12:02 PM.

At least Kidd could help groom our new PG.

I just read one article that said Jason Kidd is the front runner for head coach with Woodson as his assistant. They were both here last time Knicks went to the playoffs.

I also read an article that said Leon Rose will do whatever is necessary to draft LaMelo Ball. Kidd might be the best coach for LaMelo's style of play. I'm also hearing the Knicks are trying to trade Knox, Randle and a Dallas pick or Clippers pick this season for Zach Lavine.

Ball / DSJ / Harper
    Zach / Frank
    RJ / Iggy
    FA 4 (Wood/Bertans) / Wooten
    Mitch / Taj / Vernon Carey (2nd round pick)

Coached by Kidd and Woody ... That would be an exciting team for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    Sounds like a negotiating tactic to me. I think the news about Kidd all along were leaks by Knicks insiders, attempting to lower Thibs asking price. If Kidd rumors were true, I'd welcome a new attitude Kidd realizing this will likely be his last shot if he doesn't play ball.

Basically, the Knicks brass want to also pick some of Thibs assistants. I don't know. This is already sounding like a dick swinging contest. Get Kenny in here w/ Woody ast to develop these guys.
    The point of getting Thibs now is so they wonít face competition from teams like the Rockets, Nets and Sixers. The Knicks donít have much leverage with the possibility that those jobs will become open. The Nets job is already open...

Also, Atkinson would be the real threat, not using Kidd.

I knew it.

Page 49 of 55 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast