Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Why do I have a gut feeling Thibs will choose Brooklyn over us?

Quote Originally Posted by beagleboss View Post
    Bkuz hes smart

Quote Originally Posted by beagleboss View Post
    He should but I donít think they have interest and everybody has said the Knicks are and have always been his dream job.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

I hope we at least interview Atkinson

Tom Thibodeau will NOT be interviewed nor hired by the Brooklyn Nets. Remember the Nets are owned by a Chinese businessman who isn't very familiar with basketball operations. Atkinson was fired in a rookie owner move. The NEXT Nets coach will be chosen by Durant and Irving, though the Front Office will say it was "their" pick. And that's GOOD for the Knicks...

Kenny Atkinson is a nice guy but Thibodeau is the better coach through and through. Atkinson was a Knicks' assistant coach under Magic Mike D'Antoni during 2008-2012. He was an assistant in Atlanta before taking the Nets' job no one wanted. Atkinson was the victim of Kyrie Irving's toxic nature.

I can't tell you the number of douche bag fans who thought Kyrie Irving was going to be "different" because he's a "New Yorker"...Naw man. He's a whiny, throw your teammate or coach under the bus kind of guy. He did it repeatedly in Boston. When he opted out, Boston was like, "Peace!"

Tom Thibodeau had assistant coaching experience before serving as Knicks' assistant during the glory years. Back when it was a sure thing, the Knicks would be in the Playoffs. Then he followed Van Gundy as an assistant with the Rockets, an associate with the Boston Celtics transforming their defense to one of the best before taking over in Chicago and winning coach of the year in 2011. The Bulls were beaten by the Miami Heat super team: Lebron, Wade, and Bosh. From there, Rose's legs got the best of him.

The Knicks passed on Thibs and hired D'Antoni. How'd that work? The Knicks passed on Thibs again, hiring Jeff Fisher. What's important to note. The Knicks KEPT trying to re-invent the wheel going with the "HYPE" coach. Hoping to catch lightning in a bottle.

Well, Magic Mike D'Antoni had Steve Nash, Carmelo Anthony, Kobe and James Harden...still no NBA title. Mike Woodson w/ Lebron did what? Derek Fisher and Jeff Hornacek did what again?

The Knicks need a guy who knows how to handle the New York media. Knows how to get the most of his players. Knows how to develop. That's Thibs.

I'm hoping the Knicks don't muck this up AGAIN.
    Last edited by Dr. Detfink; 05-07-2020 at 03:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    Tom Thibodeau will NOT be interviewed nor hired by the Brooklyn Nets. Remember the Nets are owned by a Chinese businessman who isn't very familiar with basketball operations. Atkinson was fired in a rookie owner move. The NEXT Nets coach will be chosen by Durant and Irving, though the Front Office will say it was "their" pick. And that's GOOD for the Knicks...

Kenny Atkinson is a nice guy but Thibodeau is the better coach through and through. Atkinson was a Knicks' assistant coach under Magic Mike D'Antoni during 2008-2012. He was an assistant in Atlanta before taking the Nets' job no one wanted. Atkinson was the victim of Kyrie Irving's toxic nature.

I can't tell you the number of douche bag fans who thought Kyrie Irving was going to be "different" because he's a "New Yorker"...Naw man. He's a whiny, throw your teammate or coach under the bus kind of guy. He did it repeatedly in Boston. When he opted out, Boston was like, "Peace!"

Tom Thibodeau had assistant coaching experience before serving as Knicks' assistant during the glory years. Back when it was a sure thing, the Knicks would be in the Playoffs. Then he followed Van Gundy as an assistant with the Rockets, an associate with the Boston Celtics transforming their defense to one of the best before taking over in Chicago and winning coach of the year in 2011. The Bulls were beaten by the Miami Heat super team: Lebron, Wade, and Bosh. From there, Rose's legs got the best of him.

The Knicks passed on Thibs and hired D'Antoni. How'd that work? The Knicks passed on Thibs again, hiring Jeff Fisher. What's important to note. The Knicks KEPT trying to re-invent the wheel going with the "HYPE" coach. Hoping to catch lightning in a bottle.

Well, Magic Mike D'Antoni had Steve Nash, Carmelo Anthony, Kobe and James Harden...still no NBA title. Mike Woodson w/ Lebron did what? Derek Fisher and Jeff Hornacek did what again?

The Knicks need a guy who knows how to handle the New York media. Knows how to get the most of his players. Knows how to develop. That's Thibs.

I'm hoping the Knicks don't muck this up AGAIN.
    Im with you bro thibs is my guy

Quote Originally Posted by SoulBrotha View Post
    Y'all old people will be the end of us all. Cant shake y'all outdated beliefs and tendency to always go back to the past but are in every position of power. Please find some prune juice and go away please I beg..
    Yeah to hell with you old guys...lol

Us young guys want an entire team of ball chucking guards... Let Frank run the 4 because he can guard 1-4 and his arm's are so long...lol

Hey we do it all the time on NBA 2k so it's got to work in real life right?

Yeah the 90's Knicks sucked... All they did was play tuff defense and get to the finals a couple times.

We need LaMelo Ball to guide us back to the finals... Don't all you old guys know that LaMelo scored 90 points in a game in high school? He is the GOAT and maybe his dad can get the BBB patch on the Knicks uniform next season...🤮

honestly I'd take Atkinson then Thibs but wouldn't be unhappy with either, not sure how any fan can say with conviction Thibs is through and through better coach?

IDK, what resume are both being judged by? Thibs in Chicago, or Minny? And Kenny? What he did with that Nets team was just great, and he didn't have a Butler, Rose, Noah etc etc etc to even compare to Thibs.......But the flip side is Thibs did have some really nice talent in Minny but players got the blame so again what resume we looking at.

My gut tells me Thibs will get the job but my call and it's prejudice because I've known Kenny before fans knew who he is. And he is one of the great guys in this world.

It really will also come down to what the roster will be, right now the only givens are Mitch and RJ and they aren't written in blood to be mainstays.

Kenny never got to coach a team with more than one allstar, and Kyrie was hurt, and he made the other all star.

They actually both make sense and both are extremely passionate, but my edge goes to the St Anthony's guy.

Now watch the Knicks not sign either lol

A few things...

The "old" guys are not afraid of change. Nobody is asking a return to the 90s.

Thibs has established not only is he able to coach in different eras (Philly, New York, Boston, Chicago, Minnesota) but also can tweak his game plan. Ask Derrick Rose who HATED the triangle, how much he loved Thibs who listened to his input when he played in Chicago.

I got no problems with the Knicks drafting LaMelo (IF they get a chance) Ball. The Knicks need a coach who will develop LaMelo, which means spending more 1:1 time on his free throw form, defense, shot selection. No one is asking LaMelo to drop 30 ppg. They just want the BEST of his game.

Lastly, Thibs knows New York and WANTS to coach in New York. What was sad about Phil Jackson's return was the fact, he didn't really want to return to New York and definitely didn't want to coach anymore. He just took the money. That's a familiar story with the Knicks: Take the money till one gets fired.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    A few things...

The "old" guys are not afraid of change. Nobody is asking a return to the 90s.

Thibs has established not only is he able to coach in different eras (Philly, New York, Boston, Chicago, Minnesota) but also can tweak his game plan. Ask Derrick Rose who HATED the triangle, how much he loved Thibs who listened to his input when he played in Chicago.

I got no problems with the Knicks drafting LaMelo (IF they get a chance) Ball. The Knicks need a coach who will develop LaMelo, which means spending more 1:1 time on his free throw form, defense, shot selection. No one is asking LaMelo to drop 30 ppg. They just want the BEST of his game.

Lastly, Thibs knows New York and WANTS to coach in New York. What was sad about Phil Jackson's return was the fact, he didn't really want to return to New York and definitely didn't want to coach anymore. He just took the money. That's a familiar story with the Knicks: Take the money till one gets fired.
    You make good points... I actually wouldn't be mad if we drafted LaMelo I just hope if they do they have a coach who can handle all the drama that his family brings. They would need a strong minded coach like Thibs to counter Lavar Ball and all his antics.

I'm not sure Kenny Atkinson could keep Lavar in check and if you lose LaMelo to his father's ways like the Knicks lost KP to his brother's ways then the Knicks will have yet another young budding star player who wants out of MSG by the end of his Rookie deal.

Whoever the Knicks draft this year should be the franchise player moving forward unless RJ takes a big leap next season.

While everything is on hold there are only so many things to discuss so I'll say this again -- man I am glad the Knicks didn't sign Kyrie and KD! Forget the injuries (a big deal), forget the f@#king of the cap (also) -- these two bozos would be picking our next coach. Now I'm not saying things cannot possibly work out for the Nets, but I feel it's more of a possibility of disaster. Better them than us.

I might be in the minority but i don't want Atkinson dude never thought defense and he got lucky d russ went off that year

I dont want the nets leftovers

It's either marc or thibs thats it

https://www.sny.tv/knicks/news/mark-...nity/313409938

Btw Marc is one of our top canidates

Going to keep posting this thread until people stop considering Mark Jackson a legitimate coaching candidate for the Knicks (or any other team).

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.red..._suspected_of/

Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    https://www.sny.tv/knicks/news/mark-...nity/313409938

Btw Marc is one of our top canidates
    Love it...Not like Thibs is some new age coach or something. Knicks are the only org that won't seriously look at their former players for any significant positions. They can't even get an interview. Had it not been for the fact that we still owed A. Houston about 30mill, he probably wouldn't have been hired either.

Page 12 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast