Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 54 1231151 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Knicks Head Coaching Search

https://youtu.be/XPdc-Z-6tP0

This is a very informative video... CP always has great sources. Take a look

I'd prefer Mark Jackson but Thibs isn't a bad choice and he is a client of Rose so there is that relationship.

Hopefully Thibs has learned from sitting in with more new era coaches as he said he has been doing.

I get the reasons why some Knick fans are apprehensive but...here's the thing: Tom Thibodeau actually WANTS to be a Knick coach.

The previous coaches didn't want to be here. Larry Brown, Isiah Thomas, Mike D'Antoni, Mike Woodson, Derek Fisher, Jeff Hornacek, David Fizdale...The funny part, only Mike D'Antoni is still a head coach in the NBA.

This hire reminds me a lot of when the Pistons hired Rick Carlisle who should get credit for molding the identity of that championship team before Larry Brown took over.

Will Thibs win a title with the Knicks? Hope so but dunno. I know the Knicks will definitely be better and a playoff contender.

I've talked myself into being ok with Thibs, even though this time last year i would have said hell no. But we badly need an identity and maybe our identity will be a defensive team led by Mitch & Frank. And I think Thibs will also help RJ reach his ceiling. and really right now those are the only 3 players that matter to me, and I think Thibs can be good for those 3.

Aside from Tom riding players too hard, he really has shown a penchant for getting good production out of players and the ones that didn't succeed under him generally have not been winning players.

Truthfully this team probably isn't ready for a youngblood offensive players coach type guy. Those guys seem to take teams that are established to the next level. This team just needs to get off the ground. I like the thought of his influence on RJ and Mitch. This most likely bodes well for Frank. Thibs might be the right guy at the right time for this young team.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Truthfully this team probably isn't ready for a youngblood offensive players coach type guy. Those guys seem to take teams that are established to the next level. This team just needs to get off the ground. I like the thought of his influence on RJ and Mitch. This most likely bodes well for Frank. Thibs might be the right guy at the right time for this young team.
    yea i think this team could use a little toughness at this point.

I also think him overworking players is a bit exaggerated. Noah averaged less then 30mpg during his CHI tenure, he was over 36mpg one year but he was a 27 year old having an MVP candidate type year.

Rose & Noah I think were always going to be a bit injury prone, I don't think that's on THibs. it was also a slower ERA, not quite as fast as today.

Thibs is a great coach who expects effort from his players. The young guys should be fine under him as long as they are willing to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett2010 View Post
    Thibs is a great coach who expects effort from his players. The young guys should be fine under him as long as they are willing to work.
    Exactly! If a player cannot handle it, I do not want him here. This is just like Tom Coughlin with the Giants.

Quote Originally Posted by beagleboss View Post
    Exactly! If a player cannot handle it, I do not want him here. This is just like Tom Coughlin with the Giants.
    And what I like about him is that he has a proven track record. No more taking chances on sub par coaches.

I love the idea of Thibs. He's my second choice behind JVG. We need an experienced, strict, disciplinarian who will build toughness and character. I'm fully aware of the silly fears of Thibs playing players too many minutes. That's just nonsense. Players have ALWAYS played big minutes during the season. It's only recently this "load management" bs has given players an excuse to sit out games. I do not believe in it. I want my coach to play and coach up players. No days off unless it's necessary. So hire Thibs!!!

Thibs has also been good for PG's. Rose was an MVP under him, Hinrich had by far his best seasons under THibs. And they even made a run with Nate Robinson coming out of nowhere when he was pretty much just trying to stay in the league.

maybe he can get something out of DSJR, who knows. Not sure he'd use Frank as the PG, especially if we draft one, but DSJR has 1 year left on his deal to show something.

Lillard averages 37 mpg, Harden 37 mpg, Westbrook 36 mpg, Booker 36 mpg and LeBron 35 mpg at 35 years old. This idea that playing players big minutes is going to wear them out is nonsense.

so this from a fans' site that references another person who references a source? I love those odds at 90% lol.

I'm not saying Thib's won't get the job, but I may just agree with the link's site saying Miller should get the nod over Thibs.

As I've mentioned we can name one player Thibs can possibly take credit for, and that is butler, he really doesn't have a resume on development.

So is Rose going to fill the roster with vets , could be, I mean if Thibs can't get two number one picks and all star Butler to be even decent then are we expecting miracles with our young players?

Those Bulls teams had as mentioned, a defensive MVP passing center.......mitch don't look at the basket or score like Noah did inside unless it's a dunk or put back, forget comparing their passing abilities.

Knicks don't have a Rose who was already an allstar in year two before Thibs got there, but Rose not only was surrounded by Noah, but had Taj, Deng and so many more vets (Boozer, Korver, Kurt T etc)

And once all these players didn't have each other, were they winners elsewhere?

I don't think Thibs would be a bad signing I'm just not sure what he'll do with this roster next year, and we all know fans now wanting him if Knicks are losing yet again, well the wheels will turn.

Thibs inherited a great roster in Chicago.....only made the Eastern finals his first year, Rose MVP season, and had 3 first round take outs. Now we'd take that in a nY second but we are far from having that roster he will inherit, and not even close to what he inherited in Minny.

My other concern is it didn't work in Minny and maybe his 2010-2015 coaching style may not be up to modern times.

You can talk yourselves into identity but he can't bench the entire team.

How about we let Rose settle in then go from there?

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    so this from a fans' site that references another person who references a source? I love those odds at 90% lol.

I'm not saying Thib's won't get the job, but I may just agree with the link's site saying Miller should get the nod over Thibs.

As I've mentioned we can name one player Thibs can possibly take credit for, and that is butler, he really doesn't have a resume on development.

So is Rose going to fill the roster with vets , could be, I mean if Thibs can't get two number one picks and all star Butler to be even decent then are we expecting miracles with our young players?

Those Bulls teams had as mentioned, a defensive MVP passing center.......mitch don't look at the basket or score like Noah did inside unless it's a dunk or put back, forget comparing their passing abilities.

Knicks don't have a Rose who was already an allstar in year two before Thibs got there, but Rose not only was surrounded by Noah, but had Taj, Deng and so many more vets (Boozer, Korver, Kurt T etc)

And once all these players didn't have each other, were they winners elsewhere?

I don't think Thibs would be a bad signing I'm just not sure what he'll do with this roster next year, and we all know fans now wanting him if Knicks are losing yet again, well the wheels will turn.

Thibs inherited a great roster in Chicago.....only made the Eastern finals his first year, Rose MVP season, and had 3 first round take outs. Now we'd take that in a nY second but we are far from having that roster he will inherit, and not even close to what he inherited in Minny.

My other concern is it didn't work in Minny and maybe his 2010-2015 coaching style may not be up to modern times.

You can talk yourselves into identity but he can't bench the entire team.

How about we let Rose settle in then go from there?
    I dont think anyone is expecting miracles, just some progress.

Maybe KAT & Wiggins just aren't winning players? What exactly is MIN doing now with those 2? they are worse then even us! Look what Butler did under THibs in CHI, look what he's doing in MIA now. KAT & Wiggins for all their points only made the playoffs when Butler and THibs were there and they won 47 games despite many injuries in a tough west. I say that qualifies as much more then "decent". So maybe pointing the finger at Thibs is misdirected?

really KAT is 1 or 2 years away from being another DMC in my book, he has Dlo now & Beasely, there''s no reason they shouldn't AT LEAST be .500 next year.
    Last edited by nycericanguy; 02-24-2020 at 10:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    I dont think anyone is expecting miracles, just some progress.

Maybe KAT & Wiggins just aren't winning players? What exactly is MIN doing now with those 2? they are worse then even us! Look what Butler did under THibs in CHI, look what he's doing in MIA now. KAT & Wiggins for all their points only made the playoffs when Butler and THibs were there and they won 47 games despite many injuries in a tough west. I say that qualifies as much more then "decent". So maybe pointing the finger at Thibs is misdirected?

really KAT is 1 or 2 years away from being another DMC in my book, he has Dlo now & Beasely, there''s no reason they shouldn't AT LEAST be .500 next year.
    so what part of Butler playing with seasoned vets are you missing? Are we going to be a team of seasoned vets and not Frank, and Knox and hope Mitch and RJ turn out to be Butlers and Noah's now?

Injuries 2012, that will be six seasons removed........you yourself had to talk yourself into Thibs which is a complete rumor, and I'm not pointing any fingers.......I'm saying hey maybe it was circumstances and the NBA has changed from how he coach's?

not for nothing but this great Bulls coach was fired...........so for anyone to say coming here means progress, not sure how?

He was a great defensive coach for years, Knicks, Boston, even Houston as assistant if you want to go back to 2008 which carried to his head coaching at Chicago, let by having defensive studs and same players who can also score, pass, and rebound.

Maybe Frank and Knox aren't winning players? Maybe Mitch isn't a winning player?

And if Towns and Wiggins aren't winning players then why did they win 47 games up from 31 and make the playoffs, to only see the very next season go to 19 with Thibs and his best player asking out?

Those are not good traits in my book.

I don't know if he is a coach for today's NBA.........that is a legit question, and I want more than Just Some Progress which means nothing.......

And if he's the coach so be it, wouldn't be upset, because maybe that means a roster overhaul.

Page 1 of 54 1231151 ... LastLast