Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    My Sixers

From our horrid coach to our stupid GM to our down right terrible medical staff....

[Wojnarowski] There is some level of concern surrounding the possible nature of the injury, league sources tell ESPN. A clearer picture is obviously expected after testing on Sunday in Philadelphia. Sources described Simmons as emotional upon leaving the X-ray room at the Fiserv Forum late Saturday.

Oh Joel hurt his back and brown kept him out there with 6 minutes remaining down 25................................................ ................................

fun note- since leaving the sixers fultz has played in 55 of the 56 games for the magic this season.
    I've been saying this for years
    MTM is my puppet and I am his puppet master.

Easily the knicks

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Easily the knicks
    1 up you with the Bulls. Man how things have changed for these 2 franchises.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    The dumbest thing the Sixers did was let Jimmy walk only to max out Tobias.
    and that was brett as well... all jimmy wanted was to ball handle and play the point which i screamed for all season and they finally let him and we were legit.... now that brown has finally 3 years later figured out how to excel ben with his skill set by making him a slasher/mover off ball etc us having a PG is bigger then ever... if we had butler playing the point for us with ben being the ben he is now as a slasher etc we would be deadly with joel inside and ben inside when joel gets doubled..... butler playing the point with how ben simmons is playing the last 20 plus games nobody would stop the sixers. The owner chose the gm/coach over butler and that is going to kill us.

Like I said in the sixers area lets look at all the players that were good before they came here and got better when they left

TJ is now better with his new team
    JJ shooting has gotten better with his new team
    butler is now much better with his new team
    harris comes here and is now worse
    horford comes here and is now worse
    joel embiid has offensively gotten worse
    Covington has become better without us

burks and glenn robinson are being used as spot up shooters.. the first game GR3 was running around off the ball non stop... he has not moved since... he goes to one side of the floor beyond the peremiter and stands there and waits for the ball with the 4 other sixers players.... ITS THE COACH/SYSTEM SCHEME... its horrid.

al horford took 6 total shots last game... all 3s... went 1-6

Quote Originally Posted by Giannis94 View Post
    I've been saying this for years
    hey at least your gm had the balls to fire kidd before it got so bad.

even the knicks couldnt screw up joel and ben this badly sorry... that is what makes this insanity... you have a top 5-10 player and another all star in ben and a top 10-15 player in butler and you squander all of it.... that is why this is disgusting. We are a first round exit mark my words.

Its the Knicks. They've been irrelevant for almost 20 years aside from a couple of seasons where Melo was here. They traded Porzingis for basically nothing and they strike out on every major FA known to man.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Meh, disagree. Seems a California bias.
    I don't know, in 40 years with MANY lottery picks they have picked and kept these all-star players: Blake Griffin (with major injury issues and bad losses before trading him away), Danny Manning (with major injury issues and bad losses before trading him away), that's it, there is nobody else. If we go back to when the team was founded in Buffalo they add Bob McAdoo who they traded away when he was still young, and Adrian Dantley who they traded after his rookie season before he went on to multiple all-star appearances with Utah. In the franchise history they have used their lottery pick to draft 3 total players to make the all-star game for them. I don't know if there are any teams that can match that level of futility.

Add to that that they have been in LA where the weather and the money is big and they still have struggled to even look like a contender until basically this year.

Knicks aren't dumb. Knicks are incompetent.

Quote Originally Posted by NYKalltheway View Post
    Knicks aren't dumb. Knicks are incompetent.
    I would easily say they qualify as both. Making crazy money (while losing perennially) doesn't make you immune to dumb or incompetent either.

I hate to say this as a Knicks fan but the dumb really comes from the fans who continually sellout the garden every night. I understand love for the team and that a lot of those seats are bought by corporations, law firms, etc but there's no reason to be paying ridiculous money for seats to an awful team. It amazes me that MSG isn't half empty most nights.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I don't know, in 40 years with MANY lottery picks they have picked and kept these all-star players: Blake Griffin (with major injury issues and bad losses before trading him away), Danny Manning (with major injury issues and bad losses before trading him away), that's it, there is nobody else. If we go back to when the team was founded in Buffalo they add Bob McAdoo who they traded away when he was still young, and Adrian Dantley who they traded after his rookie season before he went on to multiple all-star appearances with Utah. In the franchise history they have used their lottery pick to draft 3 total players to make the all-star game for them. I don't know if there are any teams that can match that level of futility.

Add to that that they have been in LA where the weather and the money is big and they still have struggled to even look like a contender until basically this year.
    I'd say all-time the Clippers have a good case for worst run franchise. Heck, even their unprecedented run of success the past 10 years has featured to this point 0 trips to the Conference Finals.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    hey at least your gm had the balls to fire kidd before it got so bad.
    You remember how much you buried Giannis and wouldn't allow me to say the HC was the issue? Non-stop burying him.. Looks like you're get eating some humble pie now.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I would easily say they qualify as both. Making crazy money (while losing perennially) doesn't make you immune to dumb or incompetent either.

I hate to say this as a Knicks fan but the dumb really comes from the fans who continually sellout the garden every night. I understand love for the team and that a lot of those seats are bought by corporations, law firms, etc but there's no reason to be paying ridiculous money for seats to an awful team. It amazes me that MSG isn't half empty most nights.
    That's what has always amazed me. And it really seems nuts to me that they won't lose fans to the Nets next year. But they won't. The Garden should look like a ghost town. Probably why ownership isn't changing their philosophy. If people are dumb enough to keep buying what they are selling them why change?

Rippin' lips son!!

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post

Second part explains why the management isn't really that dumb.
    There's no incentive to be a challenger. It's time consuming, costs money and the return is not guaranteed. We'll end up like late 00s early 10s Atlanta.

It's either make a quick attempt for the top or just be awful. Dolan prefers to be awful because he keeps failing at anything else constructive.

As someone who mainly follows the 76ers and Kings.. This thread applies to both of my teams and it's depressing.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast