Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

If Kawhi wins the chip

If the Clippers win the chip and Kawhi wins his 3rd ring with his 3rd different team as well as win Finals MVP, does Kawhi put himself in the conversation as far as being the GOAT especially winning 3 titles with 3 different organizations winning 3 Finals MVPs?

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    If the Clippers win the chip and Kawhi wins his 3rd ring with his 3rd different team as well as win Finals MVP, does Kawhi put himself in the conversation as far as being the GOAT especially winning 3 titles with 3 different organizations winning 3 Finals MVPs?
    Nope. Load management disqualifies him from the GOAT conversation. What he does in the playoffs is nothing short of amazing but the dude takes 20 or so games off each year.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Nope. Load management disqualifies him from the GOAT conversation. What he does in the playoffs is nothing short of amazing but the dude takes 20 or so games off each year.
    Okay and who don't load manage especially nowadays in the NBA? Not to mention Kawhi has a better Finals record than LeBron...Kawhi is 2-1 in NBA Finals appearances (2013 loss, 2014 win, 2019 win)

I think Kawhi is a top 10 player easy when it's all said and done but load management squashes his claim to best no matter what.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Okay and who don't load manage especially nowadays in the NBA? Not to mention Kawhi has a better Finals record than LeBron...Kawhi is 2-1 in NBA Finals appearances (2013 loss, 2014 win, 2019 win)
    Who donít? Everyone.
    <a href=https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7 target=_blank>https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7</a>

8/24/2

Youíve got to be kidding me...

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    I think Kawhi is a top 10 player easy when it's all said and done but load management squashes his claim to best no matter what.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    He has a LONG, LONG, LONG way to go before he's a top 10 player. I don't think he'll ever sniff top 10 personally. He'll never have an MVP award to his name. His first Finals MVP was like a group achievement award. He only has one title as "the man" and that was really only due to injuries like it or not. If the Warriors are healthy they smash the Raptors. And his injury history will almost certainly lead to a short career. I don't really see how he ends up top 10 unless he wins another 3 or 4 titles.

Rippin' lips son!!

I don't think Kawhi Leonard cracks the top 15, even with a 3rd Finals MVP with a 3rd team. The issue isn't that he's not a top player, or even load management, but that he's only been a top player for a few short years. In the most generous of estimations, he's been a top 5-7 player in the NBA for 4 years. Even in his FMVP year with the Spurs, he wasn't close to the best player on their own team that year and only developed later on.

That being said, he's only going to be 29 this year. He's got so much time ahead of him that I'd be shocked if he didn't end up in the top-10 range. He just needs more time and not miss any more full seasons due to injury. If you want to be a top 5-10 guy all time, I need a decade of top player status from you. Not saying he won't get there, but a Finals MVP this year doesn't put him in that status.

Need I remind everyone he's only 28 everyone in this thread is acting like is career is wrapping up already.

Quote Originally Posted by Yanks All Day View Post
    I don't think Kawhi Leonard cracks the top 15, even with a 3rd Finals MVP with a 3rd team. The issue isn't that he's not a top player, or even load management, but that he's only been a top player for a few short years. In the most generous of estimations, he's been a top 5-7 player in the NBA for 4 years. Even in his FMVP year with the Spurs, he wasn't close to the best player on their own team that year and only developed later on.

That being said, he's only going to be 29 this year. He's got so much time ahead of him that I'd be shocked if he didn't end up in the top-10 range. He just needs more time and not miss any more full seasons due to injury. If you want to be a top 5-10 guy all time, I need a decade of top player status from you. Not saying he won't get there, but a Finals MVP this year doesn't put him in that status.
    I challenge ur estimations. He was that good defensively.

I agree on ur FMVP point tho. It prolly should've gone ton Duncan. I have him in my top 25 but only because I have questions about his peak. He may very well prove us both wrong

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZNC View Post
    He has a LONG, LONG, LONG way to go before he's a top 10 player. I don't think he'll ever sniff top 10 personally. He'll never have an MVP award to his name. His first Finals MVP was like a group achievement award. He only has one title as "the man" and that was really only due to injuries like it or not. If the Warriors are healthy they smash the Raptors. And his injury history will almost certainly lead to a short career. I don't really see how he ends up top 10 unless he wins another 3 or 4 titles.
    **** the regular season. Injuries don't matter when ur talking about the OP warriors. They still had the talent to win in many years, Kawhi was just the best player.