Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Ah, I get your point now. Yes, Horace played his role extremely well.
    He did but I think Bosh did all the things Horace did and more. Horace got to play with MJ Bosh didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    He did but I think Bosh did all the things Horace did and more. Horace got to play with MJ Bosh didn't.
    I would personally take Bosh over Grant for literally any role I can imagine them playing. I also remember Bosh being a key component of the Heat's defense. I found this article from 2013:

https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/10...itz-miami-heat

Yes, Bosh was not big or strong enough to bruise with guys like Hibbert for rebounds, but he was great in space and in pick and rolls. Would I have Bosh guarding Shaq? No, but then again, I wouldn't want Grant guarding him either.

Bosh was the best pick n roll defender in the league as well at one point. So damn smart. He was the perfect piece next to LeBron and Wade, hell if not for the blood clots he’d literally be the perfect piece next to Bam right now and we’d probably be able to beat a ****** team on the road after they spot us 30 points.
    <a href=https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7 target=_blank>https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7</a>

8/24/2

Webber was exponentially better than Bosh.

We forget Bosh, as a top option, basically was dead meat in round 1 every year, and he was part of that. He was not a good top option, and was willingly a 3rd banana when the time came. I think he went from totally overrated in Toronto, to rated properly in Miami.

That being said, I have a bias against him to a degree, because LeBron haters wanted to paint a picture like he played with Wilt and Jordan with Bosh/Wade, totally ignoring what those guys were each year in Miami..

But, Bosh will get into the HOF eventually I imagine. But first ballot? GTFO

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggie View Post
    Bosh was the best pick n roll defender in the league as well at one point. So damn smart. He was the perfect piece next to LeBron and Wade, hell if not for the blood clots he’d literally be the perfect piece next to Bam right now and we’d probably be able to beat a ****** team on the road after they spot us 30 points.
    oh yeah, when Bosh went from having the offensive load to playing a role, he excelled at it. Awesome defender when healthy, who can at least keep defenses honest.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggie View Post

You’ve said this a time or two now but Bosh would be making, what? $40 a year by now in Miami? Assuming he stayed, that is. That means the roster would look a little different and probably no Butler.

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    You’ve said this a time or two now but Bosh would be making, what? $40 a year by now in Miami? Assuming he stayed, that is. That means the roster would look a little different and probably no Butler.
    No I doubt that much but that is a good point. They would’ve had to work a little different to bring in Jimmy, probably means rerouting guys like Meyers and Winslow JJ and Dion for players on non guaranteed deals they could cut to clear the money. Would’ve been more difficult for sure but there would’ve been ways to free up the money
    <a href=https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7 target=_blank>https://images.app.goo.gl/RaiMUpUeDMoeqDZt7</a>

8/24/2

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    Webber was exponentially better than Bosh.

We forget Bosh, as a top option, basically was dead meat in round 1 every year, and he was part of that. He was not a good top option, and was willingly a 3rd banana when the time came. I think he went from totally overrated in Toronto, to rated properly in Miami.

That being said, I have a bias against him to a degree, because LeBron haters wanted to paint a picture like he played with Wilt and Jordan with Bosh/Wade, totally ignoring what those guys were each year in Miami..

But, Bosh will get into the HOF eventually I imagine. But first ballot? GTFO
    It's hard to judge Bosh's winning in Toronto because they never really put talent around him. The best guys he ever played with were Mike James, Jose Calderon and Hedo Turkoglu. They tried the Bargnani experiment, but that didn't go very well.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I would personally take Bosh over Grant for literally any role I can imagine them playing. I also remember Bosh being a key component of the Heat's defense. I found this article from 2013:

https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/10...itz-miami-heat

Yes, Bosh was not big or strong enough to bruise with guys like Hibbert for rebounds, but he was great in space and in pick and rolls. Would I have Bosh guarding Shaq? No, but then again, I wouldn't want Grant guarding him either.
    You wouldn't want Bosh on any legitimate bigman, that's the thing. not old Shaq, not old KG, not even a roy Hibbert. meanwhile Horace held up better against the likes of peak Hakeem. the strength of their defense was their mobility, but Horace had actual man strength to boot.

I think I know which article youre citing, if its the one I'm thinking about, similar things were said about Grant, but with him you also had the added advantage of a competent 1v1 defender. check their numbers in that 3rd banana role and consider his defensive superiority.

both were great whipping boys, Horace by the Phil and Bosh by fans
    Last edited by Chronz; 02-25-2020 at 09:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    It's hard to judge Bosh's winning in Toronto because they never really put talent around him. The best guys he ever played with were Mike James, Jose Calderon and Hedo Turkoglu. They tried the Bargnani experiment, but that didn't go very well.
    its not hard, we've seen players of similar stature play on **** teams, plenty had a higher impact on winning. cwebb included.

bosh had a decent squad, he just let them down alot. like the year he was beasting, he could've played for their playoff push but he shut it down, he vowed to never again play at the weight and style that brought out the best in him, shedding that weight really hurt him holding his spots on the board

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    He didn't defend 1v1 like Horace could, wasn't as great of a paint presence, couldn't rebound like Horace could, heck he wasn't even as good of a passer either. Im not seeing what MJ has to do with anything considering Horace remained an all star caliber guy with or without him. Horace was also the last guy to eliminate MJ (his injury was a huge blow to Orlando in the rematch) but I'm sure you remember the guy being carried off the court like the hero he was for them.

Maybe Bosh crumbles under MJs kind of leadership.
    Last edited by Chronz; 02-25-2020 at 10:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    My issue with rating Bosh is its always those trying to discredit LeBron trying to toss his failure numbers at us, while ignoring he was simply just a really good 3rd option/defender at the end of the day.

Plenty of guys did better with similar help, CWebb included.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    He didn't defend 1v1 like Horace could, wasn't as great of a paint presence, couldn't rebound like Horace could, heck he wasn't even as good of a passer either. Im not seeing what MJ has to do with anything considering Horace remained an all star caliber guy with or without him. Horace was also the last guy to eliminate MJ (his injury was a huge blow to Orlando in the rematch) but I'm sure you remember the guy being carried off the court like the hero he was for them.

Maybe Bosh crumbles under MJs kind of leadership.
    good point to bring up

Bosh gets in eventually. 0 doubt in my mind.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by ManningToTyree View Post
    Cwebb was the better all around player. He played in 2 more seasons but less games than bosh which shows how hard it was to stay healthy for him.

Cwebb has bosh beat in all nba teams and won ROY.

Bosh has the rings and gold medal.

I give the edge to cwebb but it’s pretty close imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    it's kinda unfair to give bosh an advantage because he got rings because he teamed with arguably the 2 best players in the NBA.

I mean how many rings does cwebb have if he ran off and joined shaq and kobe on the lakers? 7, 8?
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    It's different now than it was.

When he won the second one, Giants fans are here we're outside of their minds.
    That quote always cracks me up.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast