Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 74 of 115 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 1713

2020 Cubs Spring Training Thread

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    And to think that he had a problem with Willson saying, “I know that I have a lot of talent,” he said, “and I thank God every day for giving me this kind of talent that I have. In my mind, I want to be the best catcher in the game for a long time — like it was with Yadier Molina, like it is with Buster Posey.”
    “I used to watch a lot of those guys, but now I’m watching myself because I know that I’m going to be better than them. That’s my plan.”

That is literally a compliment lol. Yadier saying he wants to be considered the best catcher ever is straight up disrespectful, if not slightly insane. Maybe his neck ink has seeped into his brain.

Quote Originally Posted by JHBulls View Post
    And to think that he had a problem with Willson saying, “I know that I have a lot of talent,” he said, “and I thank God every day for giving me this kind of talent that I have. In my mind, I want to be the best catcher in the game for a long time — like it was with Yadier Molina, like it is with Buster Posey.”
    “I used to watch a lot of those guys, but now I’m watching myself because I know that I’m going to be better than them. That’s my plan.”

That is literally a compliment lol. Yadier saying he wants to be considered the best catcher ever is straight up disrespectful, if not slightly insane. Maybe his neck ink has seeped into his brain.
    Modern day it has to be Pudge for me. He was like a .296 lifetime hitter and was pretty close to 3000 hits and you just almost could not run on him. I know he threw out like 50% of base stealers a few times. If you want to go back further, you have guys like Johnny Bench and Carlton Fisk and Yogi Bera (totally different era). Yeah... Yadi will never be considered the greatest Catcher of all time. Maybe not even top 10 unless you’re just looking at modern day performance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sure..........okay, Yadier. We know it's not true but let us let him embrace his delusions.
    Screw sabermetics.

2020 Cubs Spring Training Thread

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    There's plenty of other interactions. People have romanticized the pitcher hitting. Pitchers hitting is boring. Watching Kyle Hendricks swing a bat is painful. I don't watch baseball to watch someone who would hit like he belongs in my adult league.

Let's put it this way; game 7 of the World Series is my all time favorite baseball game I've ever watched. There was a DH. It was made no worse, not even a little, because of it. There was tons of strategy. It was as baseball as baseball could be. These nuances are more or less romanticized. There will be new nuances that will be romanticized.

At first it'll be weird. Then it'll be normal. Then you won't even notice. Its new. I'm used to no DH as well. But it'll be fine. And it won't change the game nearly as much as you think it's going to.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Absolutely, I don’t get the need to watch pitchers hit. “But Madison Bumgarner hit 2 home runs in a game....” and outside of that he is horrible as a hitter and sadly he is probably the best of them.

Someone actually said on FG just the other day “we’d miss out on Bartolo hitting”. It’s weird how a pitcher can hit his first home run in a game in his 21st year in the majors and suddenly “the Bartolo home run trot” is suddenly a thing that we all should pay money to go and see just because it took him 6 minutes to round the bases. He will never hit a home run ever again, hell, he might not even get another base hit at this stage.

What I don’t want to see anymore is my team down 2-0 in a game after 6 innings and the manager takes out our starter, who is pitching very well despite the deficit, to put in a pinch hitter because the pitchers spot is coming up next in the order. There is nothing strategic about that all all, all the manager has been forced to do is take out a very good starter for a reliever whom you don’t trust. There is literally nothing strategic about pitchers batting. In fact, that very scenario has happened in plenty of games that I have watched and most of them has turned out bad.
    Last edited by JHBulls; 05-17-2020 at 04:27 AM.

The last thrown pitch in a regular (not spring training game) season game by a Cub was Ben Zobrist and he was in the process of striking out---you guess it---Yadier Molina.

Dumbest thing I saw on twitter (yes, I know twitter is home to the dumbest of the dumb) was seeing a Cardinals fan took pride in knowing the Cardinals played in more games in 2019 than the Cubs. Haha. Talk about stupid brags.
    Screw sabermetics.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    The last thrown pitch in a regular (not spring training game) season game by a Cub was Ben Zobrist and he was in the process of striking out---you guess it---Yadier Molina.

Dumbest thing I saw on twitter (yes, I know twitter is home to the dumbest of the dumb) was seeing a Cardinals fan took pride in knowing the Cardinals played in more games in 2019 than the Cubs. Haha. Talk about stupid brags.
    But remember: Yadi’s the catching GOAT. Lmao.

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Don't think this forum has ever been this dead. Not a single post for three days. Dear God, please bring baseball back.

https://twitter.com/jonheyman/status...782144000?s=21

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

El Mago

Quote Originally Posted by ChiTownPacerFan View Post
    Don't think this forum has ever been this dead. Not a single post for three days. Dear God, please bring baseball back.
    One sure fire way to get Baseball back up and running is if everyone takes a big ol’ swig of battery acid to eradicate themselves, thus wiping out of the virus completely, as per the medical advice of Donald.

Games Missed as of May 24
    Home: 24
    Away: 30

Oakland A’s are the first team to announce they will no longer pay minor league players for the remainder of the season after May 31st

2016 World Series Champions!!!

So, unless there are significant changes to what MLB owners proposed, there's no chance we get baseball this year right?

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealTI View Post
    So, unless there are significant changes to what MLB owners proposed, there's no chance we get baseball this year right?
    I think the owners asking the players to take on so much of this and pitting the highest salary players against the others is awful, but in the end the players will give in and the owners will raise the numbers from yesterday’s proposal. It was interesting that the owners didn’t propose a rev share after leaking that idea to the media and lots of people tried to make the players look bad for saying a rev share is a non-starter.

I’m guessing there will be baseball in July. Hopefully they can finish the season.

Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    I think the owners asking the players to take on so much of this and pitting the highest salary players against the others is awful, but in the end the players will give in and the owners will raise the numbers from yesterday’s proposal. It was interesting that the owners didn’t propose a rev share after leaking that idea to the media and lots of people tried to make the players look bad for saying a rev share is a non-starter.

I’m guessing there will be baseball in July. Hopefully they can finish the season.
    I really hope they can be if I'm a player I'm absolutely furious.

First they agree to pro-rated salaries and then the owners go back on that.

Now they want to further reduce salaries because times are hard. Well, when times were good they never gave the players extra money. BAMTech sale over the past few years generated billions and the players didn't see a nickle of that.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealTI View Post
    I really hope they can be if I'm a player I'm absolutely furious.

First they agree to pro-rated salaries and then the owners go back on that.

Now they want to further reduce salaries because times are hard. Well, when times were good they never gave the players extra money. BAMTech sale over the past few years generated billions and the players didn't see a nickle of that.
    Yep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 74 of 115 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast