Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 15 of 115 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    I have almost the same exact situations you have described as well, rcal. Very well said.
    Thanks. That said, if hulu starts broadcasting, I will be switching. I think Comcast is taking a huge gamble rolling the dice and figuring they can get it done in the 11th hour. And people will be fine missing Spring games. While I am OK missing the spring games, I am not ok being in limbo. And once I switch I will not be back. And, TBH, once I switch I will start to move my e-mail address to a gmail account and get people used to that. Once that happens, if I find a fast internet I might move from Comcast all together.

The legend has returned to Cubs camp:

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rcal10 View Post
    I think it is the common believe that is the charge.
    For the last few months, I'v been trying to find out. There was speculation of $5, or even $6. But I never heard the final number.

This is the last I've seen. Copy and pasted

"Analysts estimate Marquee is seeking a monthly per-subscriber fee of $6 per month from distributors. “We've offered the same terms to Comcast that have been accepted by AT&T and Charter and Mediacom and Hulu,” Kenney said." (2 days ago)

That is probably what I will do. And, honestly, might have done it already if hulu was up and running. But when people say stuff like cut the cord it is too expensive, maybe doing the math should be done first. For one thing, if I get hulu live I would need to also get an internet provider, and it would have to be a fast service since I would be streaming. I checked into keeping just internet for Comcast. I was told that would be about $97 a month. Added to hulu live+ and then any add on stations I want, it is not really this huge savings. Maybe in the end I save $15 a month. And I would lose showtime at that price. And, not all my TV's are smart TV's so I would need a fire stick for any sets I wanted to stream on, aside from the 1 smart TV I have. I realize that is a one time cost, but that has to be added as well. It is just not this huge savings some suggest it will be.
    $97 a month for just internet? What speeds are you at?

I have comcast/Xfinity internet, 100 mbps speed and they charge me $45 a month...

I feel for ya.

The real Pride of the Midwest

Quote Originally Posted by Cubs420 View Post
    $97 a month for just internet? What speeds are you at?

I have comcast/Xfinity internet, 100 mbps speed and they charge me $45 a month...

I feel for ya.
    I have 200, and if I go with a streaming service I will want to stay at 200. My bill does not show that price, but I have it bundled now. If I get just one thing, internet I was told I would lose the bundle discount. I also rent the router.

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    The legend has returned to Cubs camp:

In what capacity is he there for?

Quote Originally Posted by thawv View Post
    For the last few months, I'v been trying to find out. There was speculation of $5, or even $6. But I never heard the final number.

This is the last I've seen. Copy and pasted

"Analysts estimate Marquee is seeking a monthly per-subscriber fee of $6 per month from distributors. “We've offered the same terms to Comcast that have been accepted by AT&T and Charter and Mediacom and Hulu,” Kenney said." (2 days ago)
    If you look up stories regarding the fees you find many that suggest they are asking for $4. But some are older. As for this caption, it could be misleading. It says "analysts estimate" and then it says Kenney said Comcast is being offered the same terms. But it doesn't say Kenney said the terms are $6. Like I said there are several articles suggesting the $4.00 range. This blurb is the first time I heard $6 in a long time.

If you look up stories regarding the fees you find many that suggest they are asking for $4. But some are older. As for this caption, it could be misleading. It says "analysts estimate" and then it says Kenney said Comcast is being offered the same terms. But it doesn't say Kenney said the terms are $6. Like I said there are several articles suggesting the $4.00 range. This blurb is the first time I heard $6 in a long time.
    I agree. I was also told by DircTv that there will not be a cost increase until they reevaluate their overall fees. So as of right now, it's just added into my RSN package that I already have.

My neighbor told me that their DirecTv bill is going to be increased by $7 plus $1.50 for something else that escapes me. Apparently they didn't have the package that the network was put in to. Actually, I'm just assuming that they didn't have the package that's high enough to get the channel. Choice package in the minimum required.

Quote Originally Posted by BearDown1223 View Post
    Right, but look at what Marquee is losing if they don't come down to lets say 3 dollars... They are losing huge amounts of money even if some subscribers change providers.
    If a subscriber leaves Comcast to go to another subscriber, Marquee would actually be gaining money..

They gain the 5 dollars for that customer that they wouldn't of gotten if that customer stayed with Comcast.

Plus, they gained an extra dollar or two from that customer that left over if say they do eventually come to an agreement with Comcast and give them a dollar or two less then everyone else

So, Marquee will profit from holding out more then lose because fans that want to be able to watch the cubs will eventually leave Comcast

Tell everyone he not there for a haircut [emoji2369]

Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    If a subscriber leaves Comcast to go to another subscriber, Marquee would actually be gaining money..

They gain the 5 dollars for that customer that they wouldn't of gotten if that customer stayed with Comcast.

Plus, they gained an extra dollar or two from that customer that left over if say they do eventually come to an agreement with Comcast and give them a dollar or two less then everyone else

So, Marquee will profit from holding out more then lose because fans that want to be able to watch the cubs will eventually leave Comcast
    That wasn't my point. My point is that if they don't come to an agreement with Comcast, then they are losing out on potentially millions of customers. Even if lets say 1M leave Comcast and switch to Hulu. Marquee would be leaving alot of money on the table.

He's retired and has nothing else to do. He's there because he can be, I'm sure.

https://mobile.twitter.com/lulu2333c...14078319185927

He might be back as a coach.

Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post

Is this a good thing or bad things for us fans? Is it good or bad for us if the network does better? Does it really matter to us how well they do? Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    He's retired and has nothing else to do. He's there because he can be, I'm sure.
    I was just curious why it would be news worthy that Ross "invited" him to camp. Does he need an invite in order to just stop by? Or does the invite have something to do with the organization?

Page 15 of 115 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast