Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 114 of 115 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115 LastLast
Results 1,696 to 1,710 of 1713
    Lol, wont even be able to watch it on ESPN because it will be blacked out locally

https://twitter.com/JesseRogersESPN/...203783173?s=19
    Last edited by chibears55; 07-06-2020 at 12:58 PM.

I am pretty confident Marquee and Comcast will have an agreement. I wouldn't panic yet. With everything going on, both sides realize how much itll mean to their wallets to have it done.

It might be an 11th hour deal. But I think opening day will be seen by the Chicago market on the new channel.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    I am pretty confident Marquee and Comcast will have an agreement. I wouldn't panic yet. With everything going on, both sides realize how much itll mean to their wallets to have it done.

It might be an 11th hour deal. But I think opening day will be seen by the Chicago market on the new channel.

I sure hope so.

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    I sure hope so.
    With the dearth of sports, they're probably going to miss out on the best introduction to their new network they could ever ask for right now. Baseball seems poised to start first, of all of the restarts. And unlike the others, its a fresh year.

You bungle this, and it's going to be worse than a normal year with the emphasis people seem to be placing on the return of sports. I assume both sides are motivated to get a deal done, especially now with an alarm clock date set. Timer is clicking down. One will probably blink.

Schedule leak..

Last edited by chibears55; 07-06-2020 at 03:32 PM.

Have they announced whether the game will be in Chicago or Milwaukee?

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealTI View Post
    Have they announced whether the game will be in Chicago or Milwaukee?

Lol touché.

(It’s at Wrigley)

Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    Lol, wont even be able to watch it on ESPN because it will be blacked out locally

https://twitter.com/JesseRogersESPN/...203783173?s=19
    How does this work with Marquee? We just got Hulu given they're one of the only streaming services with Marquee.

Will Marquee not be carrying ESPN games?

If so this whole thing continues to be such a ****ing joke.

2020 MLB Thread (Covid shutdown Edition)

How does this work with Marquee? We just got Hulu given they're one of the only streaming services with Marquee.

Will Marquee not be carrying ESPN games?

If so this whole thing continues to be such a ****ing joke.
    As far as I believe, if they’re nationally televised games (like Sunday Night Baseball), they will not be on Marquee. It should be the same as it was when the Cubs were broadcasting on WGN/NBC Sports Chicago/ABC 7.

It shouldn’t be a problem, right? I’m sure Hulu has ESPN on their service

As far as I believe, if they’re nationally televised games (like Sunday Night Baseball), they will not be on Marquee. It should be the same as it was when the Cubs were broadcasting on WGN/NBC Sports Chicago/ABC 7.

It shouldn’t be a problem, right? I’m sure Hulu has ESPN on their service
    Ah, you're right, they do. My bad. We've had Sling and Fubo before, and on both our plans there we did not get ESPN.

2020 MLB Thread (Covid shutdown Edition)

Ah, you're right, they do. My bad. We've had Sling and Fubo before, and on both our plans there we did not get ESPN.
    You’re good!

As for me (and a few others here), were still waiting for Xfinity to make a deal

This may not be a popular sentiment here but with the recent spike, is anyone just thinking they should call the season off? I was all in favor of it for a while when the U.S. was improving but things here are getting to be quite bad again. The only real difference now is that we have ample testing that we did not have in May.

This may not be a popular sentiment here but with the recent spike, is anyone just thinking they should call the season off? I was all in favor of it for a while when the U.S. was improving but things here are getting to be quite bad again. The only real difference now is that we have ample testing that we did not have in May.
    I actually think they should at this juncture. However we personally feel about the season and covid, the likelihood remains things are heading towards shutting back down. Texas and Florida have both began reclosing things. I would assume many places are close to following suit.

If they can't guarantee a finish, then let's be done. Call it off. What I dont want to happen is playing 15-30 games and then...going home again and shutting it all down. It feels like we are about to start a seaaon to say "we started!" and not because a season is very feasible.

Agree. With each passing day, it just doesn’t seem worth the risks.

They are having issues with testing as well already . I don’t think they will start the season TBH

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

El Mago