Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 92 of 115 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102 ... LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 1713
    Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    It’s about a dozen games shorter than it should be, but I think unless there’s a hidden poison pill in the details, the players should accept.

60 games, fully prorated, pay isn’t tied to there being a postseason. That’s honestly a better deal than I thought the players would get.
    The poison is probably the waiving of grievance

Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    If they want expanded playoffs, they would have to start postseason in September, otherwise it could go into mid November
    So? I know we are worried about a 2nd wave hitting but is the risk of it that much greater on November 15th compared to November 1st?

2020 MLB Thread (Covid shutdown Edition)

The poison is probably the waiving of grievance
    If they agree to it there’s probably no need for a grievance anyway. I can’t imagine they make a deal and then win a grievance.

If I’m the players, something like “If there’s no postseason we get X% of the pay back” would be a dealbreaker right now. There needs to be details about how they’d decide not to have a postseason or to stop the season, too. Purely in terms of pay though, I think having the 60 games pay guaranteed at this point is something they should really consider accepting.

If they agree to it there’s no need for a grievance anyway.

If I’m the players, something like “If there’s no postseason we get X% of the pay back” would be a dealbreaker right now. There needs to be details about how they’d decide not to have a postseason or to stop the season, too. Purely in terms of pay though, I think having the 60 games pay guaranteed at this point is something they should really consider accepting.
    Disagree with this. They could accept the offer (assuming it didn't have this clause) and still file a grievance to say the owner's didn't negotiate in good faith to try and get as long a season as possible to recover, say, 12 games worth of pay.

Yeah in a perfect world it would be longer but I think the players will accept this. My main concern is COVID again . Cases are going up once again .

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

El Mago

I dont think most people care about what Fauci has to say anymore..
    Just be respectful and responsible if you're not feeling well

That big party they had at the Ozark a month ago, I just heard resulted in zero covid results FWIW
    Fauci's been wrong for 6 months. I don't listen to a word he says.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealTI View Post
    60 games man. I'm really not sure if the PA is gonna bite on that.

Assuming that's roughly 9-10 weeks of games, that has the season ending in mid-September.
    My guess is that after a face to face on back to back days, this is exactly what they agreed on. The written proposal is to make it official. The players already verbally agreed to this.

If they agree to it there’s probably no need for a grievance anyway. I can’t imagine they make a deal and then win a grievance.

I'm assuming that it's already been verbally accepted. "Send it over in writing, and we'll sign" type of thing.

I can't imagine talking back to back days and all of a sudden the owners put something together in writing that wasn't already agree on.
    Last edited by thawv; 06-17-2020 at 03:45 PM.

https://twitter.com/jesserogersespn/...997040128?s=21

El Mago

Disagree with this. They could accept the offer (assuming it didn't have this clause) and still file a grievance to say the owner's didn't negotiate in good faith to try and get as long a season as possible to recover, say, 12 games worth of pay.
    I just really doubt they’d win that. It’s certainly not something I’d consider a “poison pill.” I think the owners will never agree to a deal that doesn’t include waiving a grievance just like the players will never agree to a deal with less than prorated pay. If they can start at that agreement, they should be able to make a deal.

Seems like the players may push for a modest increase in games played from the 60 in the proposal. This deal should have been done a long time ago. 70-72 games

El Mago

2016 World Series Champions!!!

I dont think most people care about what Fauci has to say anymore..
    Just be respectful and responsible if you're not feeling well

That big party they had at the Ozark a month ago, I just heard resulted in zero covid results FWIW
    I have no idea if that’s true or not. This article from a few days ago links 5 cases to the Ozark parties. https://www.kfvs12.com/2020/06/14/ca...on-lake-ozark/

Quote Originally Posted by thawv View Post
    Fauci's been wrong for 6 months. I don't listen to a word he says.
    I think that’s incorrect. Nobody can “predict” everything that will happen with a pandemic, but he’s been right a lot. He was putting the 100-200k deaths number out there in March and that’s right where we are. He’s always had concerns about new waves in the fall/winter, so none of this is really new. I know he’s become a political lightening rod, but he’s been warning against this situation for years. I’ll absolutely listen to him over less qualified people who have been offering opinions and “treatments” over the last few months.

So? I know we are worried about a 2nd wave hitting but is the risk of it that much greater on November 15th compared to November 1st?
    The weather would be more of a factor for midwest and east coast teams

Quote Originally Posted by thawv View Post
    My guess is that after a face to face on back to back days, this is exactly what they agreed on. The written proposal is to make it official. The players already verbally agreed to this.
    They did say tell us when and where..lol

Page 92 of 115 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102 ... LastLast