Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 88 of 115 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 1713

Manfred just walked back his comments the other day. Now he's not sure there's going to be a season with the MLBPA's rejection of the last offer.

So I would say there's a zero chance we're getting 70. We might not even get 50. Thank you, owners. Thank you.

2020 MLB Thread (Covid shutdown Edition)

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealTI View Post
    Donít worry. KBO players are about as good, or so Iíve been told.
    Last edited by CP_414; 06-15-2020 at 05:35 PM.

I see everyone getting pissed at Manfred on Twitter and I'm not sure why. I get he said there would be baseball and now he's saying there might not be, but does he have any actual authority here? He's essentially employed by the owners, and acting as their mouthpiece, right? Like, he can't forcibly have them start a season at the pro-rated rate without the owner's agreeing, can he?

This donít look good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    I see everyone getting pissed at Manfred on Twitter and I'm not sure why. I get he said there would be baseball and now he's saying there might not be, but does he have any actual authority here? He's essentially employed by the owners, and acting as their mouthpiece, right? Like, he can't forcibly have them start a season at the pro-rated rate without the owner's agreeing, can he?
    I think what you're seeing is a three-fold reaction:

1. Manfred said a week ago "100%" there would be a season. This is a near 180 from that.

2. Many people seem to be under the impression that Manfred is somehow a mediator between the owners and the MLBPA and is not just the front piece for the owners

3. People who know he's the front piece for the owners, and know that Manfred saying this means the season is in real jeopardy because he wouldn't be saying it if the owners weren't seriously using it as a threat.

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    FYI: before you try to twist my words around (like you clearly have already), this whole talk about cutting 42 minor league teams was already in talks after last season, way before COVID-19 hit. So yeah, the owners are ****ing greedy and stupid.

To be honest, for you to think that the players are in the wrong out of all this after already agreeing to cuts in March, only for the owners to say ďweíre poor and canít pay youĒ when theyíre ****ing billionaires, is a joke. So in your words: if you want to capitulate to a bunch of greedy billionaires who donít seem to care about baseball, then go for it. Itís not my cup of tea.
    They are greedy without a question! Stupid??? Not at all

2020 MLB Thread (Covid shutdown Edition)

Quote Originally Posted by thawv View Post
    They are greedy without a question! Stupid??? Not at all
    Itís getting to the point where thatís a pretty debatable take. What the owners are threatening to do to the long term health of the sport to avoid a short term loss can certainly be called stupid.

Crusader and CP are frigging killing it! Nice job fellas!

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    I think what you're seeing is a three-fold reaction:

1. Manfred said a week ago "100%" there would be a season. This is a near 180 from that.

2. Many people seem to be under the impression that Manfred is somehow a mediator between the owners and the MLBPA and is not just the front piece for the owners

3. People who know he's the front piece for the owners, and know that Manfred saying this means the season is in real jeopardy because he wouldn't be saying it if the owners weren't seriously using it as a threat.
    Right. That's what I thought. Basically, blaming Manfred is exactly what the owners want to happen then, no?

Crusader and CP are frigging killing it! Nice job fellas!
    I think heís completely wrong and living in some alternate reality. But thanks, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    Itís getting to the point where thatís a pretty debatable take. What the owners are threatening to do to the long term health of the sport to avoid a short term loss can certainly be called stupid.
    I think that they know exactly what they're doing. I was once leaning towards the owners in just about everything. I've changed my stance quite a bit.

As you know, I've always said that this is a business first, and winning is secondary. It's getting more and more clear that they don't care about anything but money. Winning, the game, and the fans mean nothing to these greedy bastards.

I now feel bad for the players. These owners are garbage human beings. Even Ricketts.

Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    I think heís completely wrong and living in some alternate reality. But thanks, I guess.
    The conversation in general is great. Both of you are bringing well thought out posts. It's a lot of work, and this guy appreciates it.

I think that they know exactly what they're doing. I was once leaning towards the owners in just about everything. I've changed my stance quite a bit.

As you know, I've always said that this is a business first, and winning is secondary. It's getting more and more clear that they don't care about anything but money. Winning, the game, and the fans mean nothing to these greedy bastards.

I now feel bad for the players. These owners are garbage human beings. Even Ricketts.
    Oh, I think they know what they are doing too. It just might be really stupid.

Iím with you on the rest of that. Honestly I was pretty surprised with your pro-player take on this a little while back, but I agree obviously.

Page 88 of 115 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098 ... LastLast