Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 86 of 115 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 1713
    Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    Heyman tweeted something similar this morning. The owners seem to want the message that it wonít be 48 games out there.
    Hey said in the 50s tho (like we're supposed to be excited about that). The 72+ number feels like something Bowden just spit out there.

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    Hey said in the 50s tho (like we're supposed to be excited about that). The 72+ number feels like something Bowden just spit out there.
    Yeah. Games in the 50's is the same ********. I'm not impressed.

Craig Edwards
    @craigjedwards
    Just a reminder that even using MLB's estimates on losses per game without including national TV revenue, on average, it would cost each owner less than $10 million to go from 50 games to 80 games paying players the pro-rated pay agreed to in March.

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Yeah. Games in the 50's is the same ********. I'm not impressed.
    Agreed. Iím in no way impressed either. Just saying that someone on the ownership side seems to be pushing this morning to make people aware that it wonít be 48 games because they are such benevolent people.

Agreed. Iím in no way impressed either. Just saying that someone on the ownership side seems to be pushing this morning to make people aware that it wonít be 48 games because they are such benevolent people.
    Oh I agree. I was just saying how unimpressed I am in general with the owners. They cant win me over with 8 games. They can go **** off.

It wonít matter who the commissioner is if the owners stance doesnít change. The commissioner is just the front person for the wishes of ownership.

Someone asked about Theo becoming commissioner. I hope that doesnít ever happen. It would be such a let down to see him as the owners messenger.
    I asked about Theo being commissioner because I listened to Kaplan mention it. I donít know why he said it, but heís obviously obsessed with Theo. It has been discussed here before what Theo will do when his contract is up. Heís said that 10 years at 1 place is probably enough. I donít know that commissioner is out of the question for him. Kaplan also mentioned partial owner, I donít know that he does that. He could pursue politics. I donít see him running another team and trying to win another World Series that way either though. Heís done it with Boston and Chicago now. I believe he wants to challenge himself another way this time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the Owners are smart they would just leave it at what they last offered.

72-game season with 70 percent of the prorated salaries going to the players, with a chance to go up to 80 percent of the prorated salaries if the postseason is completed.

This way they dont make themselves look like total Aholes by having the commissioner implement the 50 to 60 game schedule that both fans and players dont want

They can't The agreement states it has to be full pro-rata if Manfred bangs a gavel. The players have already rejected that offer, so they can't just force it through, it's not how it works. If Manfred implements a season, players will be paid full pro-rata according to the deal in March. So it's going to be 50 some games.

Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post

72-game season with 70 percent of the prorated salaries going to the players, with a chance to go up to 80 percent of the prorated salaries if the postseason is completed.

This way they dont make themselves look like total Aholes by having the commissioner implement the 50 to 60 game schedule that both fans and players dont want
    No if owners were smart they would have gave the players what they wanted. 81 games at full pro rata. Losing a few million dollars for ONE freaking year is just a drop in the bucket for them. Now thereís going to be a strike because of the owners greed. Itís too late for them to save it.

Quote Originally Posted by ivyboys View Post
    I asked about Theo being commissioner because I listened to Kaplan mention it. I donít know why he said it, but heís obviously obsessed with Theo. It has been discussed here before what Theo will do when his contract is up. Heís said that 10 years at 1 place is probably enough. I donít know that commissioner is out of the question for him. Kaplan also mentioned partial owner, I donít know that he does that. He could pursue politics. I donít see him running another team and trying to win another World Series that way either though. Heís done it with Boston and Chicago now. I believe he wants to challenge himself another way this time.

I wouldnít be surprised if he moved on, it would just suck to see him as the commissioner. In the old days where the commissioner was an impartial 3rd party who is supposed to act in the best interests of the game it would be great to have Theo in that role. The job of the commissioner today is to be the front person for ownership and to a t in the best interests of the 30 owners and take the criticism. It would be a bummer to see Theo doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    They can't The agreement states it has to be full pro-rata if Manfred bangs a gavel. The players have already rejected that offer, so they can't just force it through, it's not how it works. If Manfred implements a season, players will be paid full pro-rata according to the deal in March. So it's going to be 50 some games.
    I didn't hear they officially rejected it, I thought they just said were done negotiating and told owners to just let them know when and where to report

I wouldnít be surprised if he moved on, it would just suck to see him as the commissioner. In the old days where the commissioner was an impartial 3rd party who is supposed to act in the best interests of the game it would be great to have Theo in that role. The job of the commissioner today is to be the front person for ownership and to a t in the best interests of the 30 owners and take the criticism. It would be a bummer to see Theo doing that.
    Oh I agree with that. Iím just not sure how Theo feels about it. He may feel as though he can be the guy that gets things back to how they use to be. I guess nobody really knows what he wants to do but him.

2020 MLB Thread (Covid shutdown Edition)

Quote Originally Posted by ivyboys View Post
    Oh I agree with that. Iím just not sure how Theo feels about it. He may feel as though he can be the guy that gets things back to how they use to be. I guess nobody really knows what he wants to do but him.

I donít think that role is changing. Commissioner of mlb pays a lot more than politics does, I just personally would much rather see him in politics than as the spokesman for ownership if he wonít be running teams anymore.
    Last edited by CP_414; 06-14-2020 at 02:56 PM.

But the players will only be getting paid for about 50 games of pro rated salary. If they're only getting paid for 50 games then they should just play 50 games

It looks like the owners are not willing to pay more than 31% of each player's salary.

I didn't hear they officially rejected I thought they just said were done negotiating and told owners to just let them know when and where to report
    They officially rejected it per Passan. That's what that means. "We are done. We're not doing that. Just tell us when to report".

They will only play for full pro-rata. The league can decide how many games that is at this juncture. It'll be in the 50's, per Heyman.
    Last edited by 1908_Cubs; 06-14-2020 at 03:38 PM.

Page 86 of 115 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896 ... LastLast