Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 47 of 112 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JHBulls View Post
    Just how cold does it get in major cities in December?
    Depends on the city.

Chicago, New York, really anywhere up north would be brutal.

Miami, LA, San Diego, some of Texas wouldn't be bad.

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    Oof. A World Series in December? Thatís probably gonna be a horrible situation
    I think that wouldnít happen . They probably play a shorter season so the WS ends around the same. I am just so sad right now . Was really looking forward to baseball even though my Cubs expectations werenít high.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

El Mago

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Depends on the city.

Chicago, New York, really anywhere up north would be brutal.

Miami, LA, San Diego, some of Texas wouldn't be bad.
    Thanks for the additional info.

Just how cold does it get in major cities in December?
    Since I fully expect the cubs to be in the World Series I'll answer this question.

Average December high is 37, and the average December low is 27゚

At least 2 weeks of regular season

https://twitter.com/jeffpassan/statu...770549249?s=21

El Mago

Wow. Really cannot play baseball like it as I imagine other major cities would be brutal.

I reckon games should just be picked up from whatever date on the calendar baseball comes back. If baseball is stopped and comes back on May 1st, just start it from the normal regular season schedule already out which would mean for the Cubs that their ďopening dayĒ game would be against the Diamondbacks and the final game against the Cardinals on September 27th.

Itís a shortened season rather that trying to squeeze a 162 game schedule in, which would just be ridiculous .
    If they just picked up with the existing schedule on May 1 the Cubs would miss 10 games against Pittsburgh, and would lose 18 home games to 14 road games. If itís more than a 2 week delay to the whole schedule, they probably need a new schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    If they just picked up with the existing schedule on May 1 the Cubs would miss 10 games against Pittsburgh, and would lose 18 home games to 14 road games. If itís more than a 2 week delay to the whole schedule, they probably need a new schedule.
    Everyone loses the same amounts of games, so it affects everyoneís schedule. But I do know the point youíve made. Since this is one month off at a minimum the commissioner and his schedulers should go to work on a new schedule if they go that way.

Everyone loses the same amounts of games, so it affects everyoneís schedule. But I do know the point youíve made. Since this is one month off at a minimum the commissioner and his schedulers should go to work on a new schedule if they go that way.
    How do we get a new schedule when season tickets have already been sent out? Travel plans are already in effect for fans? Other events are schedules for ball parks. This just seems like a nightmare....
    Last edited by BearDown1223; 03-12-2020 at 03:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BearDown1223 View Post
    How do we get a new schedule when season tickets have already been set out? Travel plans are already in effect for fans? Other events are schedules for ball parks. This just seems like a nightmare....
    That's because it is. This is the right thing to do, but that doesn't mean it's not going to be an absolute headache, logistically.

Same number of games, but very different games.

Cubs would lose more home than away, lose 10 vs the worst team in the division, lose a home series vs the cards.

STL would lose 19 road games vs 13 home games, a series at the Cubs, Brewers, and reds and a home series with the reds, 7 with the Dodgers and 4 at San Diego.

If these teams are about even on paper that schedule change would be worth a couple games to the cards. Iím guessing the hope is that itís just 2 weeks and they make up those 2 weeks at the end.

Same number of games, but very different games.

Cubs would lose more home than away, lose 10 vs the worst team in the division, lose a home series vs the cards.

STL would lose 19 road games vs 13 home games, a series at the Cubs, Brewers, and reds and a home series with the reds, 7 with the Dodgers and 4 at San Diego.

If these teams are about even on paper that schedule change would be worth a couple games to the cards. Iím guessing the hope is that itís just 2 weeks and they make up those 2 weeks at the end.
    I'm in favor of scheduling double headers instead of lengthening the season by 2 weeks.

2020 Cubs Spring Training Thread

Quote Originally Posted by BearDown1223 View Post
    I'm in favor of scheduling double headers instead of lengthening the season by 2 weeks.
    When possible, thatís an idea. In terms of the on field impact that would also be not ideal for the Cubs. If you add 15-30 doubleheaderís depth becomes more important and depth isnít the Cubs friend right now.

Obviously they wonít plan the season around whatís most fair for the Cubs, but if Iím the Cubs Iíd prefer just making up missed games at the end if itís only 2 weeks.

I hope the Cubs have been scouting hard for the draft. There will be no more college baseball, and presumably high school baseball this year. Iím guessing mlb will put together some workouts, but a lot changes over the course of a college baseball season.
    Last edited by CP_414; 03-12-2020 at 04:35 PM.

NCAA has just cancelled March Madness. Both Menís and Womenís NCAA tourneys are cancelled.

No champions this year.

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Kind of wish it was a hoax like a couple morons told me last week.

Quote Originally Posted by Dfan25 View Post
    https://twitter.com/jeffpassan/statu...047008256?s=21

Gives the cubs and Comcast a few extra weeks to negotiate [emoji57]

If they decide now that they wont start the regular season until May, and I say May because after being away for a couple weeks, theyll need at least 2-3 weeks of ST to get themselves ready again.
    They could redo the schedule for say a 130 game season

Page 47 of 112 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797 ... LastLast