Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 108 of 115 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110 ... LastLast
Results 1,606 to 1,620 of 1713
    Any word on a full schedule yet?

This season going to be fun just to watch them play majority of division games that will be very important towards winning Division.

Have to think if they can win every matchup at least 6-4, theyll have a very good shot at winning the division

35 wins should do it IMO

Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    Any word on a full schedule yet?

This season going to be fun just to watch them play majority of division games that will be very important towards winning Division.

Have to think if they can win every matchup at least 6-4, theyll have a very good shot at winning the division

35 wins should do it IMO
    Still nothing yet regarding a schedule.

Only things confirmed so far are Nats/Yankees on Opening Day and White Sox/Cardinals in Iowa for the Field of Dreams Game

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    In 60 games, with no MiLB season, there's almost zero risk to letting him chuck it. Yeah, he's got some control issues, but he's got the stuff to survive it, and the Cubs don't have a ton of better on paper options once you get past the top 3-5 guys. Let him learn on the job with this kind of a year and try to catch lightening.

Ask yourself this: what's the best case scenario of Carraway vs someone like Rex Brothers/Jharrel Cotton/Casey Sadler? Probably far in the way of Carraway as with guys like that, you're basically dealing with the hope that they're simply average, decent, okay relievers where as Carraway could be legitimately shut down.

The worst case for all 3 is that they're really bad.
    Why would you want to begin Carraway's MLB service time on a whim? I wouldn't call him up unless it was vital and basically no other options, like how Nico was called up.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    If the Cubs win the title, I will look back on the 2020 season fondly and I could care less what rival fans say.

I personally think this season will be a lot of more fun than people realize because of the sprint nature this season will provide. Because of the shorten season, there will be legit chances at upsets, like the Rays beating out the Yankees.

With that said, there still a chance this season won't be played at all.
    I feel good for fans of bad small-market teams that will have a shot this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos View Post
    Why would you want to begin Carraway's MLB service time on a whim? I wouldn't call him up unless it was vital and basically no other options, like how Nico was called up.
    The new CBA will almost assuredly alter the service time thing. Its the exact reason Bryant had a grievance filed and why teams are more and more signing their young players.

The idea of "service time" and how teams handle it will change greatly in the next few years. There should be no reason the Cubs piddle around with a guy like Carraway over service time. Chances are it will be so greatly altered that "starting the clock" will be one of biggest changes.

Not to mention, this is not "On a whim", as you put it. I didnt pick his name from a hat or without merit. There's little doubt his stuff is MLB ready. While control is up in the air, many have said Carraway was a possible 2020 ETA on him on draft day. Throw him in camp. If his stuff is legitimately everywhere, sure, don't do it. But if its close enough, carry the kid and don't fart around with mediocrity like Casey Sadler.

If "every game is a playoff game" the Cubs need to get a little lucky (The Nationals don't even make the playoffs in the first 60 last year) as the best teams won't have the sample size to rise like normal with a bad start. Yeah, Carraway is a gamble. But a WS is a WS as long as the MLB has one. So take the gamble here.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by 1908_Cubs; 07-02-2020 at 01:23 AM.

2020 MLB Thread (Covid shutdown Edition)

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    The new CBA will almost assuredly alter the service time thing. Its the exact reason Bryant had a grievance filed and why teams are more and more signing their young players.

The idea of "service time" and how teams handle it will change greatly in the next few years. There should be no reason the Cubs piddle around with a guy like Carraway over service time. Chances are it will be so greatly altered that "starting the clock" will be one of biggest changes.

Not to mention, this is not "On a whim", as you put it. I didnt pick his name from a hat or without merit. There's little doubt his stuff is MLB ready. While control is up in the air, many have said Carraway was a possible 2020 ETA on him on draft day. Throw him in camp. If his stuff is legitimately everywhere, sure, don't do it. But if its close enough, carry the kid and don't fart around with mediocrity like Casey Sadler.

If "every game is a playoff game" the Cubs need to get a little lucky (The Nationals don't even make the playoffs in the first 60 last year) as the best teams won't have the sample size to rise like normal with a bad start. Yeah, Carraway is a gamble. But a WS is a WS as long as the MLB has one. So take the gamble here.

Yep. Even if nothing changes with the service time process it would be pathetic for a franchise like the Cubs play service time games with a bullpen arm. If he belongs, put him on the team.
    Last edited by CP_414; 07-02-2020 at 09:55 AM.

I have a hard time feeling like this season will mean anything. When watching the games on tv without fans, its going to feel like exhibition games. How is the WS going to feel without fans? or with 20% capacity.... I think this is going to be an interesting experiment.

Quote Originally Posted by BearDown1223 View Post
    I have a hard time feeling like this season will mean anything. When watching the games on tv without fans, its going to feel like exhibition games. How is the WS going to feel without fans? or with 20% capacity.... I think this is going to be an interesting experiment.
    There will be a lot of talk about this being an "asterisk season", but as long as they make it through the World Series, it counts. In 20 years, no one is going to say, "Oh yeah, that Covid season, I don't really count that one". Does anyone argue that the Spurs championship is tainted because the league played a strike shortened season? Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by ChiTownPacerFan View Post
    There will be a lot of talk about this being an "asterisk season", but as long as they make it through the World Series, it counts. In 20 years, no one is going to say, "Oh yeah, that Covid season, I don't really count that one". Does anyone argue that the Spurs championship is tainted because the league played a strike shortened season? Nope.
    Blackhawks won in 2013 when they played only 48 games, nobody talks about the 48 games just that they won

Blackhawks won in 2013 when they played only 48 games, nobody talks about the 48 games just that they won
    I think the NHL is positioned a little differently in that season. First. That represents over half a season. 60 games is a little over a third in the MLB, in a season that's noted for its grind. The NHL's "grind" is their playoffs which was fully intact.

But even outside of that...it may not be discussed a lot in Chicago, but as a Flyers fan it feels like a cheaper championship. Much the way I expect the 2020 WS to be. For whomever wins it, it won't be talked about like that in 10 years. Outside of that city, it will always have an asterisk.

WTF?? Why would he put his foot in his mouth and just invite a grievance. What a sh**show these negotiations have been!!!

https://twitter.com/CBSSportsMLB/sta...150965248?s=19

Quintana out probably a month

Lacerated his left thumb while washing dishes..
    Required surgery to repair nerve and stitches, will be reevaluated in 2 weeks

Now Quintana has an excuse when he inevitably will be blowing chunks this season

Quintana out probably a month

Lacerated his left thumb while washing dishes..
    Required surgery to repair nerve and stitches, will be reevaluated in 2 weeks
    I assume Alec Mills will replace him. Bad news, considering Mills has had horrendous years in AAA the last 2 seasons minus his short stint with the Cubs last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos View Post
    I assume Alec Mills will replace him. Bad news, considering Mills has had horrendous years in AAA the last 2 seasons minus his short stint with the Cubs last year.
    Hopefully he able to return by the 2nd week of August and only miss 2 starts at most