Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 107 of 115 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 1713
    So todays is reporting day right? When is the ST/SC Thread going to start?

Quote Originally Posted by The20thK View Post
    So todays is reporting day right? When is the ST/SC Thread going to start?
    Today is reporting day for testing and other things. First practice is on Friday.

Iíll have one up by then

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    Today is reporting day for testing and other things. First practice is on Friday.

Iíll have one up by then
    Awesome brother... we need this distraction. lol

Cubs pitching coach Tommy Hottovy revealed this morning on the radio that he tested positive for COVID-19 earlier, and he has been medically cleared by multiple negative tests after self quarantining himself for almost 30 days, via Cubs MLB.com writer Jordan Bastian.

There will be an article released later today regarding his battle, also via Bastian

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Nobody is advocating making him a setup man in July. But if our SPs are going 4 innings, having Carraway pitch, say, the 5th? You're easing him in the best way you can. His stuff is MLb ready.

Its going to be between mediocre veterans like Sadler or upside guys like Carraway. Take the gamble in SSS extreme 60 games. Catch lightening. And if you don't? So what? This season barely is going to count in the annals of baseball history anyways.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk
    It will be interesting to see how history will view any records broken this season. Like someone hitting .400 this year. That takes a Cody Bellinger to have a similar year to last year where he was hitting above .400 after Game 49 of the year and from Game 50 to 60 he hit under .400, falling to a .376 average. No surprises that in the last 10 game stretch, he had lots of 0-4, 1-4 and even three 1-5 games. If someone has a year like that, minus the bad stretch of games towards the end and hits above .400, will it be something no one will care about?

Quote Originally Posted by JHBulls View Post
    It will be interesting to see how history will view any records broken this season. Like someone hitting .400 this year. That takes a Cody Bellinger to have a similar year to last year where he was hitting above .400 after Game 49 of the year and from Game 50 to 60 he hit under .400, falling to a .376 average. No surprises that in the last 10 game stretch, he had lots of 0-4, 1-4 and even three 1-5 games. If someone has a year like that, minus the bad stretch of games towards the end and hits above .400, will it be something no one will care about?
    It will.be nothing no one cares about. Rate stat records mean nothing on a third of season.

2020 MLB Thread (Covid shutdown Edition)

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    It will.be nothing no one cares about. Rate stat records mean nothing on a third of season.

Yeah, those will be dismissed and they should be dismissed. Itíll be interesting to see how the champion is perceived. The cards fly a flag for 1944 even though it was probably the least legitimate WS since the Black Sox. Most of the best players in the league were off at WWII, but the St.Louis draft board protected a lot of the best players in the area so the Cards and St. Louis Browns eventually played for the WS with rosters including stars like Stan Musial mixed with 15-17 year olds and nearly 50 year olds. Eventually 2020 will just be another flag flying someplace but for now I think the 29 fanbases that donít win will be quick to write it off as not being a legitimate championship.
    Last edited by CP_414; 07-01-2020 at 02:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    Yeah, those will be dismissed and they should be dismissed. Itíll be interesting to see how the champion is perceived. The cards fly a flag for 1944 even though it was probably the least legitimate WS since the Black Sox. Most of the best players in the league were off at WWII, but the St.Louis draft board protected a lot of the best players in the area so the Cards and St. Louis Browns eventually played for the WS with rosters including stars like Stan Musial mixed with 15-17 year olds and nearly 50 year olds. Eventually 2020 will just be another flag flying someplace but for now I think the 29 fanbases that donít win will be quick to write it off as not being a legitimate championship.
    I'll imagine teams will fly pennants. And rival fans will argue it doesn't count. And in 50 years it'll be a weird, somewhat forgotten trivia, about the 60 game season that almost wasn't.

I figured as much with records this year. The only legitimate records this year would be records for streaks, which you donít need a full compliment of games for.

This just feels like an exhibition style year. We will still have the very best teams from last year in the LCS series again but between expanded playoffs, taxi squads and NL DH, it is very different. Good to have Baseball back but no one will remember the 2020 Baseball season fondly. It would be quite fitting if the Astros won their second championship that no one will give a toss about.
    Last edited by JHBulls; 07-01-2020 at 03:30 PM.

Regardless of records or perceptions about the champion, its gonna be a super interesting season for some fans (the one whose teams do well). I feel like its gonna be a like 60 game playoff, every game is gonna count (not that they don't) but I feel most teams are gonna remain in the hunt for the payoffs right up until the last couple weeks. It will be interesting to see if any team feels like they are out of it fast enough to sell off by the deadline?

Quote Originally Posted by JHBulls View Post
    I figured as much with records this year. The only legitimate records this year would be records for streaks, which you donít need a full compliment of games for.

This just feels like an exhibition style year. We will still have the very best teams from last year in the LCS series again but between expanded playoffs, taxi squads and NL DH, it is very different. Good to have Baseball back but no one will remember the 2020 Baseball season fondly. It would be quite fitting if the Astros won their second championship that no one will give a toss about.
    If the Cubs win the title, I will look back on the 2020 season fondly and I could care less what rival fans say.

I personally think this season will be a lot of more fun than people realize because of the sprint nature this season will provide. Because of the shorten season, there will be legit chances at upsets, like the Rays beating out the Yankees.

With that said, there still a chance this season won't be played at all.
    Screw sabermetics.

Any news on Nwogu?

2020 MLB Thread (Covid shutdown Edition)

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    If the Cubs win the title, I will look back on the 2020 season fondly and I could care less what rival fans say.

I personally think this season will be a lot of more fun than people realize because of the sprint nature this season will provide. Because of the shorten season, there will be legit chances at upsets, like the Rays beating out the Yankees.

With that said, there still a chance this season won't be played at all.
    If the Cubs do win the World Series, I am sure I can muster up some excitement for it.

But in all seriousness, the season might not be played as you said. Just because we have a specific number of games and an agreed upon start date, it doesnít really mean a thing. I have seen first hand what can happen when people donít do the right thing and can go backwards really quickly. In Australia, every state except for Victoria is doing really well and opening their borders soon. The other day the Premier of Victoria announced 10 post codes (36 total suburbs) that are going to be in lockdown between 11:59PM on July 1st (last night) until July 29th. I live in one of the suburbs affected. Canít leave the suburb unless itís for work, school, you receive care or are a caregiver. Other states wonít let people from those 10 post codes into their state and if you risk it, itís a possible 6 month jail term and $11,000 fine. Good time!
    Last edited by JHBulls; 07-01-2020 at 06:47 PM.