Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 105 of 115 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 1713
    Morrow is a Type 1 diabetic and probably doesn't want to take the chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman85 View Post
    Bullpen is probably my biggest concern w the cubs, lots of ? at the back of the pen and not enough depth imo. Theo has been crafty w make shift pens before tho, so weíll see. However the cubs at least need a reliable closer in Kimbrel...I have my doubts. Jefferies worries me too, hopefully last year was just the injuries and heís recovered and good again...weíll see. I like Rowan wick, I think the kids got the juice. Really we need 2 of those dudes to be studs and 1 to be solid.

I think the offense will be better then expected. Starters rnt gna be great, but dependable. Darvish looked nasty at the end of the year, Hendricks is dependable, Lester on a short season might be able to just empty the tank, Q is dependable to be decent enough w a tiny bit of upside for more. SP prob wonít kill r chances for the playoffs, bullpen might tho.
    I think thereís potential in the pen, but as you said thereís some question marks as well. If Jeffress can get back to where he was would be huge. He looked good in the spring. We need Wick to be who he was last year. Iím intrigued by Wieck as well. DUJ could put it together and be dominant with his stuff just blowing it out for an inning or 2. What can Cotton be? Kyle Ryan ended up being really solid last year. Obviously Kimbrel has to be Kimbrel. And thereís a ton of other guys that we need to hope a couple of guys step up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Itís too bad on Morrow, it would have been such a sweet surprise if he pitched this year. I remember when he was a prospect w the blue jays (could be wrong on that) and I thought the kid had potential, even as a starter. Sad his body couldnít hold up, he a had a lil run as a nasty reliever tho.
    You want to know what the sad thing is about this whole situation is? Theo and Jed actually thought they could count on this guy to holdup when hes always been a walking, talking injury.

So how is minor league baseball going to work? Are the organizations actually going to field teams or is the 60 man taxi Squad the only guys who are really suiting up this year?

Quote Originally Posted by Cubs420 View Post
    You want to know what the sad thing is about this whole situation is? Theo and Jed actually thought they could count on this guy to holdup when hes always been a walking, talking injury.
    Going into 2018 they sort of did, but this year they signed him to a minor league deal. They werenít counting on him. It sounds like his issue now is less an injury and more that heís high risk for COVID with his diabetes. Itís understandable that playing this season isnít worth the risk to Morrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Cubs420 View Post
    So how is minor league baseball going to work? Are the organizations actually going to field teams or is the 60 man taxi Squad the only guys who are really suiting up this year?
    The 60 man squad would be the only guys suiting up, I believe. There wonít be a minor league season

Thatís why the other players are playing on a neutral site. So they can practice and play other taxi squad teams I believe.

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Not many LHers for the pen there..

Ryan and Wieck their main guys

2020 MLB Thread (Covid shutdown Edition)

Also, Jesse Rogers confirmed on ESPN 1000 that Morrow will not be on the team this year. Stated the COVID concerns since heís a diabetic and doesnít want to risk it. Also said heís willing to re-sign again with the Cubs on a minor league deal for 2021 to try and come back, if the Cubs are interested in re-signing him
    Last edited by CubsRule08; 06-29-2020 at 12:07 PM.

2020 MLB Thread (Covid shutdown Edition)

I thought I read Morrow is unavailable this year
    I believe I read that too. Pretty sure he's shut down for 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by ivyboys View Post
    I think thereís potential in the pen, but as you said thereís some question marks as well. If Jeffress can get back to where he was would be huge. He looked good in the spring. We need Wick to be who he was last year. Iím intrigued by Wieck as well. DUJ could put it together and be dominant with his stuff just blowing it out for an inning or 2. What can Cotton be? Kyle Ryan ended up being really solid last year. Obviously Kimbrel has to be Kimbrel. And thereís a ton of other guys that we need to hope a couple of guys step up.
    If bullpen arms are a crapshoot, then a bullpen of only 2 months is a massive crapshoot. Looks like the Cubs at least benefit from their strategy of not putting any big money into the pen in the offseason. Over 2 months plus playoffs you have to figure at least some of the upside castaways we signed will do well.

I'm worried about Kimbrel, he tends to get stronger over the season. He only pitched in the last half last year after sitting and throwing at home the first half, and is doing the exact same this year! Not good. I hope at least he's been throwing a lot more to get his arm strength up.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos View Post
    If bullpen arms are a crapshoot, then a bullpen of only 2 months is a massive crapshoot. Looks like the Cubs at least benefit from their strategy of not putting any big money into the pen in the offseason. Over 2 months plus playoffs you have to figure at least some of the upside castaways we signed will do well.

I'm worried about Kimbrel, he tends to get stronger over the season. He only pitched in the last half last year after sitting and throwing at home the first half, and is doing the exact same this year! Not good. I hope at least he's been throwing a lot more to get his arm strength up.
    The challenge with the way the Cubs have built the pen the last few years is that it takes a while to figure out which relievers are going to be reliable. Wick didnít really get a shot until the 2nd half and Brach got a ton of appearances early in the year. Over 162 itís hard to identify the right arms quick enough, over 60 that would probably be even more difficult.

They have potential for a solid pen, especially if Marquez and Carraway are used in relief, but theyíll need to evaluate their options very quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    The challenge with the way the Cubs have built the pen the last few years is that it takes a while to figure out which relievers are going to be reliable. Wick didnít really get a shot until the 2nd half and Brach got a ton of appearances early in the year. Over 162 itís hard to identify the right arms quick enough, over 60 that would probably be even more difficult.

They have potential for a solid pen, especially if Marquez and Carraway are used in relief, but theyíll need to evaluate their options very quickly.
    Yea the shortened season does make it tougher in that regard. Puts more emphasis on r top 3 guys if Kimbrel, jefferies, and wick.

As cool as it would be Iím not in favor of Carraway getting called up, unless itís for a 10 game post season stretch or for the actual playoffs (assuming heís pitching well). It sounds like heís close, but still has control issues...Iíd rather bring him up next year.

I agree w a previous post, hoping for DUJ to step up, I also kinda like weick, and Ryan did impress last year. Iíve liked maples stuff for a couple years...fingers crossed 🤞 on him too.