Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 104 of 115 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 1713
  1. #1546
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Addison, IL
    Posts
    23,274

    2020 MLB Thread (Covid shutdown Edition)

    Phillies released Drew Storen and former Cub Matt Szczur

    2016 World Series Champions!!!


  2. #1547
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    5,272
    Interesting, No Morrow
    Wonder if he still hurt, never really got ready, or they just didn't want him

  3. #1548
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Addison, IL
    Posts
    23,274

    2020 MLB Thread (Covid shutdown Edition)

    Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    Interesting, No Morrow
    Wonder if he still hurt, never really got ready, or they just didn't want him
    There’s only 50 names on that list. 60 players are needed in total, and they still have 10 spots left to fill.

    Still plenty of time for him to be added

    2016 World Series Champions!!!


  4. #1549
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    55,959
    Yeah. Hope to see Carraway added. Morrow as well.

    If you're going to piss around with the Rex Brothers of the world, might as well let Carraway throw.

    Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

  5. #1550
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    1,361
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Yeah. Hope to see Carraway added. Morrow as well.

    If you're going to piss around with the Rex Brothers of the world, might as well let Carraway throw.

    Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

    I thought I read Morrow is unavailable this year

  6. #1551
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    55,959
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman85 View Post
    I thought I read Morrow is unavailable this year
    Last update on him was from.February where he had a calf strain. He's available. Granted, he's probably broken. But hey, its fun to pretend.

    Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

  7. #1552
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    13,906
    Morrow won’t be available this year . Read it a couple of days ago . Problem is I don’t remember where so can’t post link


    Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk


    El Mago

  8. #1553
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Addison, IL
    Posts
    23,274

    2016 World Series Champions!!!


  9. #1554
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    55,959
    Quote Originally Posted by Dfan25 View Post
    Morrow won’t be available this year . Read it a couple of days ago . Problem is I don’t remember where so can’t post link


    Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
    I haven't found anything on that but I wasn't looking very hard.

    Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

  10. #1555
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    55,959
    Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    Aren't there still spots open on it? 10 to be given out still? Could Minch not get that spot?

    While I feel for Mr. Minch today, I sure hope he wasn't going to be one of those 10 spots and have missed his opportunity with that post.

    If true...****** on the Cubs FO.

    Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by 1908_Cubs; 06-28-2020 at 09:18 PM.

  11. #1556
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Addison, IL
    Posts
    23,274
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Aren't there still spots open on it? 10 to be given out still? Could Minch not get that spot?

    While I feel for Mr. Minch today, I sure hope he wasn't going to be one of those 10 spots and have missed his opportunity with that post.

    Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk
    Yeah. 10 spots still open so I’m sure he could get one of them.

    But who knows if he will now after tweeting this out

    2016 World Series Champions!!!


  12. #1557
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    11,445
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    I haven't found anything on that but I wasn't looking very hard.

    Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk
    This was in an Athletic article a few days ago...


    Outside of Brandon Morrow’s painstakingly slow recovery from arm troubles and various players (and Ross) dealing with the flu, the Cubs’ spring was rather uneventful when it came to the injury report. That remains the case, but sources indicate that Morrow won’t be an option for the team this year.

  13. #1558
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    55,959
    Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    This was in an Athletic article a few days ago...


    Outside of Brandon Morrow’s painstakingly slow recovery from arm troubles and various players (and Ross) dealing with the flu, the Cubs’ spring was rather uneventful when it came to the injury report. That remains the case, but sources indicate that Morrow won’t be an option for the team this year.
    Makes sense as I dont have the Athletic.

    Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

  14. #1559
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    1,361
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Makes sense as I dont have the Athletic.

    Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk
    It’s too bad on Morrow, it would have been such a sweet surprise if he pitched this year. I remember when he was a prospect w the blue jays (could be wrong on that) and I thought the kid had potential, even as a starter. Sad his body couldn’t hold up, he a had a lil run as a nasty reliever tho.

  15. #1560
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    1,361
    Bullpen is probably my biggest concern w the cubs, lots of ? at the back of the pen and not enough depth imo. Theo has been crafty w make shift pens before tho, so we’ll see. However the cubs at least need a reliable closer in Kimbrel...I have my doubts. Jefferies worries me too, hopefully last year was just the injuries and he’s recovered and good again...we’ll see. I like Rowan wick, I think the kids got the juice. Really we need 2 of those dudes to be studs and 1 to be solid.

    I think the offense will be better then expected. Starters rnt gna be great, but dependable. Darvish looked nasty at the end of the year, Hendricks is dependable, Lester on a short season might be able to just empty the tank, Q is dependable to be decent enough w a tiny bit of upside for more. SP prob won’t kill r chances for the playoffs, bullpen might tho.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •