Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 101 of 115 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 1713
    Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post

*like*

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    Part of me almost hopes we don't have a season. It'll be fun. But this place will be a war zone the second any player goes 0-10 over 3 games or some garbage player goes 5-7 with a HR.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Yep. Sample is gonna be so small it'll be hard to make any kind of performance inference for this year. Sure won't stop people, but it's always been an issue I suppose. Gonna try and just ignore all that and enjoy baseball.

What do we know about the roster and the way they start the seasons? I know Rizzo has been a slow starter. Anyone else notoriously slow or hot out of the gate? With only 60 games, everyone will need to be ready day 1.

Also, I think you will see some teams dump salary before this even starts up. Not sure the Cubs will, although they were borderline considering it before the Covid madness. Any chance they grab a guy or two and make a real strong run at this? The central will be tight and a player or two will make a huge difference.

Finally, I think someone put something out about the schedule possibly being regional. Cubs would play mostly NL and AL Central teams. Not sure if that was pure speculation or not but that could really help if it comes down to a wildcard spot vs a team from the NL East for example.

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Part of me almost hopes we don't have a season. It'll be fun. But this place will be a war zone the second any player goes 0-10 over 3 games or some garbage player goes 5-7 with a HR.

All of me hopes that with only 60 games per team this year, we get very few extra innings games so I donít have to see the awful idea of starting runners on 2nd base. Yuck!

You guys think the Cubs will carry Marquez and Carraway on the taxi squad ?

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

El Mago

Quote Originally Posted by Dfan25 View Post

100% at the very least.

I would not be surprised to see both on the GameDay roster. In 60 games...**** it. Put them in there. In SSS extreme they don't have to be perfect to be helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    100% at the very least.

I would not be surprised to see both on the GameDay roster. In 60 games...**** it. Put them in there. In SSS extreme they don't have to be perfect to be helpful.

Yeah I think you will see teams more aggressive with their top prospects in the shorter schedule. I think the Jays now put Pearson in the rotation from game 1 and maybe the Phillies use Bohm at DH . Just to name a couple . Itís going to be interesting to see how teams use their young guys .

El Mago

Man, season like this makes me wish we had a guy like Alfonso Soriano again. If he gets hot in the regular season, easy playoff berth. Hot in the playoffs, world series.

2020 MLB Thread (Covid shutdown Edition)

Well so much for the Jays having Nate Pearson up from day 1 [emoji23]

https://twitter.com/alexfan590/statu...549138946?s=21

El Mago

Absolutely. I think there are even scenarios where we could even see those guys pitch. Thereís no minor league season, so high upside prospects could get a shot if needed. Talking about a confidence booster, let Brailyn come up and have success out of the pen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well so much for the Jays having Nate Pearson up from day 1 [emoji23]

https://twitter.com/alexfan590/statu...549138946?s=21

Oof. Thatís going to be a bad look. Thereís only 60 games, so itís not like you can hold him down for like 40 to make it not look so obvious. I mean unless the Jays just concede the season from day 1, Pearson will be up in week 2 or 3 one would think. Or will be playing I might say, I know service time doesnít count against some minor league guys that will be on the taxi squad. Not sure exactly how that works.

Is this year's tax number about 77 million?

Quote Originally Posted by ds637 View Post
    Man, season like this makes me wish we had a guy like Alfonso Soriano again. If he gets hot in the regular season, easy playoff berth. Hot in the playoffs, world series.
    haha it's funny I thought same thing. I am just happy to get baseball and would be lying if I wasn't some what excited to see how odd what is about to take place will be. This is always a scenario I thought about. I mean the first 81 games of a season often have some crazy streaks and teams showing out that regress to the norm in second half. There are some guys that while superstars are often pretty normal to begin a season and then demolish the 2nd half or last 100 games.

Either way I just want to watch some sports.

I was listening to the Cubs Related podcast earlier and they said just by trading Q we would be under the luxury tax. I think they were talking about at the August 31st deadline too. So many teams will be in it, and I think itís possible he could have many suitors. It doesnít even matter what we get back. As they said, just give those remaining 6 or so starts to Alec Mills or even Chatwood or make it a bullpen day. Youíre not losing that much value. Iíd trade Q any day of the week, if it meant only losing 6 starts from him and being under the luxury tax.