Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 100 of 115 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 1713
    Is Marquee on hulu now?

Quote Originally Posted by ivyboys View Post
    Since baseball is officially coming back, how do we like our lineup with a DH now. I assume this guarantees Nico will be here and he will play a lot. Do we like him in the 9 hole? Will he get on base enough? I know it will change a lot. I donít see hardly any off days for players. Guys will play DH to get off their feet some, so with that being said, what is our ďAĒ lineup?

Bryant
    Rizzo
    Baez
    Contreras
    Schwarber - DH
    Happ
    Souza - LF
    Heyward
    Nico

I guess we wonít know until the season gets here. Thereís no way to know what Souza will be. Maybe Heyward doesnít have a mental break down should he hit 9th as a kind of a guy to get on base. Maybe hit Happ 9th or even Schwarber. Thereís a bunch of different ways that could play out. Iím excited for baseball now.
    You could DH Caratini or Contreras too in order to get both of their bats in the lineup and keep Schwarber in LF. Probably depends on the matchups and who is hitting well.

We have 3 regulars on our team who strike out 150+ times (Bryant, Baez, Schwarber) and Souza would be another one. Putting the ball in play was a problem for us last year. So I wouldn't put him in the lineup everyday unless he's hitting well. They'll probably play it by ear based on matchups etc.

You could also DH Bote or Nico. Souza isn't exactly a great hitter, his OPS is comparable to Bote, his career OPS is actually worse than Bote's.
    Last edited by Stratos; 06-23-2020 at 11:39 PM.

Their best lineup is with both Contreras and Caratini in it . Souza shouldnít play much except againts lefties for Heyward . Almora should never play . Same thing with DD.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

El Mago

Quote Originally Posted by Seyton View Post
    I hope we do better than the Baseball Reference simulation. That was just flat out depressing. Jarring, actually.
    What did it say? From your tone not good.

Not really shocking, down on the roster myself.

Will be interesting to see if the 60 game season is an advantage of disadvantage for this club. With an old rotation you would think it might help.

Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    I wont be able to watch any games
    I'm stuck with Comcast
    Stream the games my boy.

Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    How many playoff teams

Is it still 3 Div winners and 2 WC

Wouldn't surprise me if we see a 500 division winner and under 500 WC team with this
    No expanded playoffs, so thereís still going to be the 3 Div winners and 2 WC teams

2016 World Series Champions!!!

I think one of the biggest ĎXí factors for the Cubs is Happ and Hoerner...that and BP effectiveness.

Happ being good would be huge..,if he can hit, his defensive versatility would be huge! His ability to play CF and 2nd base is crucial, by keeping Almora off the field. Let him play RF regularly, and back up Jhey and Hoerner in CF/2nd base. Seems like itís time in his career to breakout, I like that he appears to work hard.

Hoerner looked good in his debut, if he can be an a above average everyday 2nd basemen, watch out NL!

I just donít wna see too many easy outs in r lineup.,,we have 6 guys Iím confident can hit...just need a couple dudes to lengthen the lineup.

Should be a fun year.

Pretty much I pray I never see, Almora and Jhey in the same lineup...at least it wonít be Jhey, Almora, pitcher anymore...and we wonder why r offense is inconsistent lol.

I got a hunch that when players report on or around July 1, there will be a bunch of players that have the virus. Then what?

Quote Originally Posted by bearcub View Post
    I got a hunch that when players report on or around July 1, there will be a bunch of players that have the virus. Then what?
    They quarantine for 2 weeks and come back once testing negative. Itís why there will be so many players available. Thereís going to be positive tests. Thereís no way around it. You canít just stop because 1 or 2 guys have it on a team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos View Post
    You could DH Caratini or Contreras too in order to get both of their bats in the lineup and keep Schwarber in LF. Probably depends on the matchups and who is hitting well.

We have 3 regulars on our team who strike out 150+ times (Bryant, Baez, Schwarber) and Souza would be another one. Putting the ball in play was a problem for us last year. So I wouldn't put him in the lineup everyday unless he's hitting well. They'll probably play it by ear based on matchups etc.

You could also DH Bote or Nico. Souza isn't exactly a great hitter, his OPS is comparable to Bote, his career OPS is actually worse than Bote's.
    The Cubs do not have "issues putting the ball in play" compared to other MLB teams. In fact, Bryant hasn't struck out 150 times in three seasons.

The Cubs were 11th in the MLB in K rate. So yes, 19 were better but they weren't some bottom of the pile K team. They were still the 11th best offense in baseball according to fangraphs. The Braves, who were 9th, struck out .03% less. The Rays who were 8th struck out .02% more. There were teams who K'd more and did worse, and teams who did the inverse and did better. Generally speaking, the Cubs aren't a great team at limiting Ks but aren't an outlier, and this is not a major flaw or issue with how the offense is currently constructed.

I dont think Souza should be in the lineup outside of LHP, but "The Cubs strike out too much" clearly isn't the reason. Its because Souza just isn't very good against RHP to begin with.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Cubs420 View Post
    What did it say? From your tone not good.

Not really shocking, down on the roster myself.

Will be interesting to see if the 60 game season is an advantage of disadvantage for this club. With an old rotation you would think it might help.
    30-49. Everyone was awful. Ian Happ was better than expected but still Ian Happ.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/s...CHC/2020.shtml

Quote Originally Posted by Seyton View Post
    30-49. Everyone was awful. Ian Happ was better than expected but still Ian Happ.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/s...CHC/2020.shtml
    Some of those stat lines are pretty silly.

The thing with 60 games though is that itíll pretty much be pure randomness. Over 162 you tend to see cream rise to the top. Thereís enough time for hot streaks to even out the cold streaks and for most players and teams to end up roughly where they should. In 60 games, thatís not going to happen. Not much would surprise me this season, if the season happens.

Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    Some of those stat lines are pretty silly.

The thing with 60 games though is that itíll pretty much be pure randomness. Over 162 you tend to see cream rise to the top. Thereís enough time for hot streaks to even out the cold streaks and for most players and teams to end up roughly where they should. In 60 games, thatís not going to happen. Not much would surprise me this season, if the season happens.
    Yeah, I know. I've read/heard that other Sims had them doing much better comparitively.

This sprint should be fun. I am anticipating almost-playoff-like intensity right from the start. No time for slow starts.

2016 World Series Champions!!!