Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 38 of 115 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast
Results 556 to 570 of 1713
  1. #556
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Addison, IL
    Posts
    23,377
    Quote Originally Posted by rcal10 View Post
    Looking more and more like I am leaving Comcast.
    Comcast says they’re still in negotiations, and they’ve received a bunch of complaints from customers threatening to leave if Marquee isn’t agreed upon.

    I still think they’ll get a deal done by Opening Day. I’m still not that concerned/worried yet.

    If it’s the week of and there’s still no agreed-upon deal, then I’ll be worried.

    2016 World Series Champions!!!


  2. #557
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    9,537
    Quote Originally Posted by rcal10 View Post
    In general I agree with you. Don’t like a 3rd catcher. However on this team where the back up catcher is probably your best bench bat and the 26th man might come down to Phegley, Descalso, Perez or Miller, I might lean Phegley. Not because he will get starts. Because he is the best hitter out of that group and he allows them to use VC anytime in a game without worrying about being down to just Contreras. I get Schwarber can catch too, but I doubt that is something they want to have to do.
    I can see your point for sure. I was just hoping that the 26th man would be more of a specialty guy. Not someone who's going to see more than a handful of starts. A base stealer, or a gold glove type guy. I'd hope that the 26th man would be more of a luxury than a necessity. In other words, he would not be on the team if it weren't for the extra spot.

  3. #558
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    9,537
    Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    Comcast says they’re still in negotiations, and they’ve received a bunch of complaints from customers threatening to leave if Marquee isn’t agreed upon.

    I still think they’ll get a deal done by Opening Day. I’m still not that concerned/worried yet.

    If it’s the week of and there’s still no agreed-upon deal, then I’ll be worried.
    I haven't been following it too much, because I have it, but what is the hold up? Every other carrier agreed to the same deal.

  4. #559
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    747
    I could see the Cubs keeping Miller on the roster and starting Almora in AAA. It would benefit Almora to get regular ABs, I can't see him getting much time if Happ is swinging a good bat.

  5. #560
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    5,354
    Quote Originally Posted by thawv View Post
    I haven't been following it too much, because I have it, but what is the hold up? Every other carrier agreed to the same deal.
    From what I heard they want to pay a lesser price per customer then the others because they have the majority of customers/households..

    I think others paid 5.00 per

    Why I dont understand why since the announcement of Sinclair and Marquee last year February the Cubs weren't negotiating with all the providers from Comcast Uverse on down and getting the deals done way before ST started and the launch.

    They (cubs) truly dropped the ball there

  6. #561
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    5,354
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratos View Post
    I could see the Cubs keeping Miller on the roster and starting Almora in AAA. It would benefit Almora to get regular ABs, I can't see him getting much time if Happ is swinging a good bat.
    There no way they Almora down, especially with the hot Spring he having.

    Wouldn't surprise me if Ross uses Almora more as that defensive guy that comes in late every game more then using him as a starter..
    I think Ross/Theo wants to give Happ that opportunity this year like Almora got a couple years ago to take over CF

  7. #562
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    599
    Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    There no way they Almora down, especially with the hot Spring he having.

    Wouldn't surprise me if Ross uses Almora more as that defensive guy that comes in late every game more then using him as a starter..
    I think Ross/Theo wants to give Happ that opportunity this year like Almora got a couple years ago to take over CF
    Almora is 0-12 in his last 4 games with 7 k's, and 2-18 in his last 6 games. Yes he started spring training hot, but he is still the pumpkin we all knew he would be. Don't read into his spring training numbers, we all know what AA is at this point in his career.

  8. 03-10-2020, 09:02 AM

    Reason
    Spam

  9. #563
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    14,935
    Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    There no way they Almora down, especially with the hot Spring he having.

    Wouldn't surprise me if Ross uses Almora more as that defensive guy that comes in late every game more then using him as a starter..
    I think Ross/Theo wants to give Happ that opportunity this year like Almora got a couple years ago to take over CF
    Quote Originally Posted by BearDown1223 View Post
    Almora is 0-12 in his last 4 games with 7 k's, and 2-18 in his last 6 games. Yes he started spring training hot, but he is still the pumpkin we all knew he would be. Don't read into his spring training numbers, we all know what AA is at this point in his career.
    Thank you. I saw the same post last night and was going to respond. But I thought I would wait until the morning to see if anyone else would. I agree with you. AA is who he is. If you keep him, IMO, you do not also keep Miller. If you feel Almora has a better bat and plays better defense then Miller and you want that on the team you keep Almora. If Miller gives them speed on the bases and plays better defense, and you decide you want that, you keep Miller and you absolutely can send Almora down. I just do not see a place for both of those guys. That thinking along with the fact that other options would then be Descalso and Perez leaves me believing the Cubs can very well keep a 3rd catcher. Souza, Kipnis or Bote and Caratini are 3 guys on the bench. The 4th is either Almora or Miller and the 5th would be either another back up infielder or Phegley, the 3rd catcher.
    This is provided Hoerner doesn't make the team out of ST. If he does then the 5th spot comes down to Kipnis, Descalso, Perez or Phegley (with Kipnis the likely 26th man IMO).

  10. #564
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    14,935
    Quote Originally Posted by thawv View Post
    I can see your point for sure. I was just hoping that the 26th man would be more of a specialty guy. Not someone who's going to see more than a handful of starts. A base stealer, or a gold glove type guy. I'd hope that the 26th man would be more of a luxury than a necessity. In other words, he would not be on the team if it weren't for the extra spot.
    Again, I get this. But with this team I am not sure you can have a specialty guy. Of course they could send Almora down and keep Phegley as the 25th man and then Miller, a specialty guy, would be the 26th guy. With Happ in center and Heyward and even Souza able to play center, Miller really wouldn't get much time there. He would be more of a specialty runner. If it came down to Phegley as a pinch hitter or Almora, I might lean Phegley. The fact that he also gives the Cubs the option to go to Caratini in a big situation, even if it is early on the game, just gives me more reason to want to keep Phegley. It allows the Cubs to use Caratini whenever they need to instead of holding him back because they want to be sure to have a back up catcher available.

  11. #565
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    87,072
    Anybody want to go halfsies?
    https://www.fanatics.com/x-548

  12. #566
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Addison, IL
    Posts
    23,377
    More roster cuts:


    2016 World Series Champions!!!


  13. #567
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    5,354
    Quote Originally Posted by BearDown1223 View Post
    Almora is 0-12 in his last 4 games with 7 k's, and 2-18 in his last 6 games. Yes he started spring training hot, but he is still the pumpkin we all knew he would be. Don't read into his spring training numbers, we all know what AA is at this point in his career.
    Haven't really been able to pay attention lately, did he really go cold..wow

    Never mind [emoji849]

  14. #568
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    5,354
    Anyone see anything about Xfinity getting Hulu soon?

    Just wondering if that included in a package or what it about

  15. #569
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    13,948
    Getting the feeling that the season won’t start on time due to the coronavirus .


    Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk


    El Mago

  16. #570
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    14,935
    Quote Originally Posted by Dfan25 View Post
    Getting the feeling that the season won’t start on time due to the coronavirus .


    Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
    What a nightmare that will be. What do they do, just not play the first 3 weeks of the season? Won't be fair with some teams playing a lot of home games or tougher opponents. And they really can't redo a schedule to try making it fair. What do they do with the people who have tickets to certain games on certain days. Honestly, I am glad this is not something I have to figure out, but it will affect fans, including me, greatly (who go to many games and sell other games)

Page 38 of 115 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •