Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 94 of 115 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 1713
    **** ads on jerseys. DH? I'm a fan. But these cheap *** owners need ads on jerseys over 10 games?!? 10 games? That's what means my lovely Cubs uniform gets a ****ing Johnson and Johnson patch on it? Somehow running a business worth $5 billion isn't enough?

They'll never go away. And I'm far past thinking they'll re-invest that money on the team.
    Last edited by 1908_Cubs; 06-18-2020 at 09:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    **** ads on jerseys. DH? I'm a fan. But these cheap *** owners need ads on jerseys over 10 games?!? 10 games? That's what means my lovely Cubs uniform gets a ****ing Johnson and Johnson patch on it? Somehow running a business worth $5 billion isn't enough?

They'll never go away. And I'm far past thinking they'll re-invest that money on the team.
    https://fansided.com/2020/06/17/mlb-...sponsors-2020/

As a European soccer fan it drives me absolutely crazy. It's bad enough when you get a sponsor that has a similar color profile to the team you support so it sort of blends in. The team I support though wears white and blue and our main rival wears red; the main shirt sponsor is a big red logo. Awful stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealTI View Post
    https://fansided.com/2020/06/17/mlb-...sponsors-2020/

As a European soccer fan it drives me absolutely crazy. It's bad enough when you get a sponsor that has a similar color profile to the team you support so it sort of blends in. The team I support though wears white and blue and our main rival wears red; the main shirt sponsor is a big red logo. Awful stuff.
    Yep. Euro Soccer and F1 fan myself. The ads are nuts. I hate it. It's bad in soccer because of the clashing colors. It's bad in F1 when a team changes entire colors for their liveries because...they get a new sponsor. Racing Point is this Pepto-Bismol colored pink who just switched to Aston Martin for next year. Their entire brand is going from this standout pink to a hunter green. Boom.

I hate this stuff.

Yep. Euro Soccer and F1 fan myself. The ads are nuts. I hate it. It's bad in soccer because of the clashing colors. It's bad in F1 when a team changes entire colors for their liveries because...they get a new sponsor. Racing Point is this Pepto-Bismol colored pink who just switched to Aston Martin for next year. Their entire brand is going from this standout pink to a hunter green. Boom.

I hate this stuff.
    Soccer I at least understand to an extent because the games are just two long periods of play without breaks for commercials. Baseball constantly has breaks between innings and pitching changes, the broadcasts insert ads between batters as well.

Enough is enough.

Yeah. Iím ok with the DH being in the NL, since it seems inevitable at this point. Helps our lineup I think with having Caratini/Schwarber/Happ in some combo for DH when theyíre not normally on the field.

As for the ads, thatís ****ing stupid. I hope thatís not an actual consideration.

2016 World Series Champions!!!

2020 MLB Thread (Covid shutdown Edition)

This is so annoying. Iím not even following any more. If they play, I will watch. All this back and forth is getting old though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What happened to the when and where?
    Owners said this is what we're going to do and even gave them full prorated pay with the last proposal and players reject it again because 60 games not enough
    Last edited by chibears55; 06-18-2020 at 09:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    What happened to the when and where?
    Owners said this is what we're going to do and even gave them full prorated pay with the last proposal and players reject it again because 60 games not enough
    Well, the players told Manfred to make a decision. They did so knowing they'd file a grievance. What they did NOT ask for was the owners throwing another deal at them. After the meeting of Manfred and Clark, ownership offered another deal.

They never once said "whatever the owners offer next we will just take outright".

That said both sides at this juncture should accept something around 65.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Anyone ever see Barry Bonds hit an in-game HR with an aluminum bat? And then get called out for using an illegal bat (for George Brett-like reasons)?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boNS5G0BxWs

Well, the players told Manfred to make a decision. They did so knowing they'd file a grievance. What they did NOT ask for was the owners throwing another deal at them. After the meeting of Manfred and Clark, ownership offered another deal.

They never once said "whatever the owners offer next we will just take outright".

That said both sides at this juncture should accept something around 65.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    I call BS by the players this time, the owners added 10 extra games to go with everything else the players wanted

They got what they wanted in pay for 60 games to start at end of July , plus the extra playoffs..

But no, they're gonna hold things up for 5 to 10 extra games all because they would of rather have grieved it if the owners went with the original 50 games plan

Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    I call BS by the players this time, the owners added 10 extra games to go with everything else the players wanted

They got what they wanted in pay for 60 games to start at end of July , plus the extra playoffs..

But no, they're gonna hold things up for 5 to 10 extra games all because they would of rather have grieved it if the owners went with the original 50 games plan
    Naw. They're holding things up because they would like an equal amount of the extra playoff money, and prefer a few more games, being the ones taking all the risk. And they'd like to save the ads on jerseys for the another time where it can give them better concessions. Let's not pretend like the owners made some amazing concession on paying what's owed for 60 games. They got countered again. Which they should've. The eventual deal will still be a hell of a lot more concessions from players then owners. Let's not get it twisted.

Page 94 of 115 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104 ... LastLast