Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 99 of 115 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 1713
  1. #1471
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    55,994
    Quote Originally Posted by ivyboys View Post
    If anybody is bored, check out Schilling and Aubrey Huff taking shots at Bauer on twitter. Itís been interesting to follow.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Trevor Bauer is a tool in his own right, but somehow he looks like the good guy compared two those two.

    Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

  2. #1472
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    2,935
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Trevor Bauer is a tool in his own right, but somehow he looks like the good guy compared two those two.

    Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk
    No doubt. I like Trevor a bit more than some people, but Huff and Schilling is just... I actually have no words to describe that duo. Or atleast none that should be said on this forum.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #1473
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Addison, IL
    Posts
    23,377

    2020 MLB Thread (Covid shutdown Edition)


    2016 World Series Champions!!!


  4. #1474
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    2,935
    Since baseball is officially coming back, how do we like our lineup with a DH now. I assume this guarantees Nico will be here and he will play a lot. Do we like him in the 9 hole? Will he get on base enough? I know it will change a lot. I donít see hardly any off days for players. Guys will play DH to get off their feet some, so with that being said, what is our ďAĒ lineup?

    Bryant
    Rizzo
    Baez
    Contreras
    Schwarber - DH
    Happ
    Souza - LF
    Heyward
    Nico

    I guess we wonít know until the season gets here. Thereís no way to know what Souza will be. Maybe Heyward doesnít have a mental break down should he hit 9th as a kind of a guy to get on base. Maybe hit Happ 9th or even Schwarber. Thereís a bunch of different ways that could play out. Iím excited for baseball now.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #1475
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    13,948
    Just as they announce a deal Charlie Blackmon and 2 more Rockies test positive for COVID


    Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk


    El Mago

  6. #1476
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    11,494
    Quote Originally Posted by ivyboys View Post
    Since baseball is officially coming back, how do we like our lineup with a DH now. I assume this guarantees Nico will be here and he will play a lot. Do we like him in the 9 hole? Will he get on base enough? I know it will change a lot. I donít see hardly any off days for players. Guys will play DH to get off their feet some, so with that being said, what is our ďAĒ lineup?

    Bryant
    Rizzo
    Baez
    Contreras
    Schwarber - DH
    Happ
    Souza - LF
    Heyward
    Nico

    I guess we wonít know until the season gets here. Thereís no way to know what Souza will be. Maybe Heyward doesnít have a mental break down should he hit 9th as a kind of a guy to get on base. Maybe hit Happ 9th or even Schwarber. Thereís a bunch of different ways that could play out. Iím excited for baseball now.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Souza is likely still a short side of the platoon guy. The best lineup most days might have Caratini and Contreras in it.

  7. #1477
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    11,494
    Any word on when transactions are allowed?

    Itíll be interesting to see what teams try to dump money and if any teams are willing to buy.

  8. #1478
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    13,948
    Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    Any word on when transactions are allowed?

    Itíll be interesting to see what teams try to dump money and if any teams are willing to buy.
    Friday afternoon


    Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk


    El Mago

  9. #1479
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    13,948

    2020 MLB Thread (Covid shutdown Edition)

    Quote Originally Posted by ivyboys View Post
    Since baseball is officially coming back, how do we like our lineup with a DH now. I assume this guarantees Nico will be here and he will play a lot. Do we like him in the 9 hole? Will he get on base enough? I know it will change a lot. I donít see hardly any off days for players. Guys will play DH to get off their feet some, so with that being said, what is our ďAĒ lineup?

    Bryant
    Rizzo
    Baez
    Contreras
    Schwarber - DH
    Happ
    Souza - LF
    Heyward
    Nico

    I guess we wonít know until the season gets here. Thereís no way to know what Souza will be. Maybe Heyward doesnít have a mental break down should he hit 9th as a kind of a guy to get on base. Maybe hit Happ 9th or even Schwarber. Thereís a bunch of different ways that could play out. Iím excited for baseball now.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Caratini or Contreras should be the DH most of the time IMO with Phegley on the roster as the 3rd catcher


    Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk


    El Mago

  10. #1480
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    11,494
    Quote Originally Posted by Dfan25 View Post
    Friday afternoon


    Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
    Thanks. I saw the report that the Giants are going to sign Puig. Itíll be interesting to see if any trades happen without certainty that the season will be completed. The Cubs reportedly were on the verge of an extension with Javy, too. I wonder if that still happens.

  11. #1481
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Posts
    1,907
    I hope we do better than the Baseball Reference simulation. That was just flat out depressing. Jarring, actually.

  12. #1482
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    2,935
    Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    Souza is likely still a short side of the platoon guy. The best lineup most days might have Caratini and Contreras in it.
    Maybe so. I do believe Caratini plays a lot. Iím sure Contreras will DH a bunch to stay fresh and Caratini will catch. Same with Rizzo and Caratini. Also Caratini might be the best bat available should Souza be bad and or Kipnis suck it up. Schwarber is not nearly a liability in LF to where he should DH primarily. Iím fine with however this plays out. Like I said, I have no clue what Souza will be. If heís struggling, they have to pull the plug on him. You really cant afford to play a struggling Souza, or even a Descalso or Almora either.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  13. #1483
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    2,935
    Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    Thanks. I saw the report that the Giants are going to sign Puig. Itíll be interesting to see if any trades happen without certainty that the season will be completed. The Cubs reportedly were on the verge of an extension with Javy, too. I wonder if that still happens.
    Iím intrigued with Javy as well. Iím intrigued with a lot of things. Do clubs spend any significant money this offseason? Mookie signs a 1 year deal, right? I have a ton of questions.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. #1484
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    5,354
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman85 View Post
    Hell yea, baseball is coming back! I donít know why everyone isnít more excited we get to watch cubs games again...with a DH! Iím pumped, 60 game season should be really exciting too! Every game is gna be so amplified...that could attract fans too!

    Sure baseball dragged its feet...these r crazy times, that require tough social, health, and financial decisions. I think we can give em a break.

    Go CUBS!
    I wont be able to watch any games
    I'm stuck with Comcast

  15. #1485
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    5,354
    How many playoff teams

    Is it still 3 Div winners and 2 WC

    Wouldn't surprise me if we see a 500 division winner and under 500 WC team with this

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •