Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 55 of 112 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TooL D/R/T View Post
    Agreed. As someone who always has hand and bleach wipes on hand, Iím beyond aggravated that now I canít get any because people who are normally disgusting when it comes to cleanliness have temporarily seen the light.

Those of us that were always clean to begin with now have less resources available to us.
    Good for you, man! Just gained a new respect for you. Live the clean life, brother!

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    If I won't kiss you, I won't share my food or drink with you.
    Best post I have ever read on the subject.

Quote Originally Posted by JHBulls View Post
    Best post I have ever read on the subject.
    Words to live by, my friend.

Spent most of the day yesterday watching ESPN Ocho.

There was a point in the day my family was wagering on marble racing.

Come back, sports.

Cubs news:

Red Sox have acquired C Jhonny Pereda from the Cubs to complete the January trade that sent P Travis Lakins from Boston to Chicago.

Lakins was placed on waivers and was subsequently claimed by the Orioles within 10 days following the trade.

2016 World Series Champions!!!

I often wonder that when Baseball does return, will pitchers go back to their previous stance on Astro hitters? I know their players were getting intentionally HBP in Spring Training but who thinks it wonít happen when Baseball returns? I wouldnít be surprised if they still get booed because fans are fans but there will be few pitchers comfortable with hitting their players intentionally.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post

Come back, sports.
    Self-quarantine or not, marble racing is pretty damn exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post

Come back, sports.
    You can never go wrong with The Ocho.

Noah Syndergaard diagnosed with torn UCL, expected to have TJ Surgery in next couple days

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    Noah Syndergaard diagnosed with torn UCL, expected to have TJ Surgery in next couple days
    If ever there was a time, it is now. Get it done with the uncertainty of this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I purchased the MLB.com multi-team package just before the season was delayed and now delayed again. Has anyone contacted about whether the cost (I believe my cost was to have be $129.95) will be pro-rated based on the reduced number of games played (if there are ever any)?? If no games are played, will the entire amount be refunded (I hope)?

Watching game 5 WS replay.

What a night.

That KB bomb to tie it. From there, curtains.

Come back baseball.

You know I was never highly critical on Maddon, but my god man he in my head almost blew GM 7 (if not for the teams own perseverance).

Hendricks was ****ing cruising. Then an absolutely HORRIFIC job of calling balls and strikes led to 1 damn walk to Santana and this was when Hendricks was still sub 70 pitches and had two outs in the inning. He was dialed in and Joe went right to Lester who then proceeded to put us on skates.

I get it we won, but being able to rewatch and see this with the hindsight now makes me even more critical. That was an absolutely terrible in game managing call that almost cost us a WS.

He buckled to how the Indians were being managed (their BP was their strength) and almost mimic'd under pressure what they were doing.

Easy to say now, but he leaves Hendricks in and he prob gets next batter out on a roll over (almost all Indians hitters contact was trash against him that day) and then cruises to give us 7 lock down innings. He was the one guy when he was dialed in and you saw he was only throwing 10-15 pitches an inning you leave him the **** in. Kyle is damn near cold blooded and you could see it in his eyes he had that look. Honestly it's the one time I expected to see him finally blow his composure and go ape ****, but him not doing so just shows you that dude has ice in his veins at all time he doesn't lose his cool.
    Last edited by northsider; 03-25-2020 at 11:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by northsider View Post
    You know I was never highly critical on Maddon, but my god man he in my head almost blew GM 7 (if not for the teams own perseverance).

Hendricks was ****ing cruising. Then an absolutely HORRIFIC job of calling balls and strikes led to 1 damn walk to Santana and this was when Hendricks was still sub 70 pitches and had two outs in the inning. He was dialed in and Joe went right to Lester who then proceeded to put us on skates.

I get it we won, but being able to rewatch and see this with the hindsight now makes me even more critical. That was an absolutely terrible in game managing call that almost cost us a WS.

He buckled to how the Indians were being managed (their BP was their strength) and almost mimic'd under pressure what they were doing.

Easy to say now, but he leaves Hendricks in and he prob gets next batter out on a roll over (almost all Indians hitters contact was trash against him that day) and then cruises to give us 7 lock down innings. He was the one guy when he was dialed in and you saw he was only throwing 10-15 pitches an inning you leave him the **** in. Kyle is damn near cold blooded and you could see it in his eyes he had that look. Honestly it's the one time I expected to see him finally blow his composure and go ape ****, but him not doing so just shows you that dude has ice in his veins at all time he doesn't lose his cool.
    I remember watching at the time and being really upset, not only was he cruising with a low pitch count, but he had performed through the playoffs. I really thought he was going to go 7 or 8 innings.

Watching the replay yesterday confirmed it-- man he was throwing so well.