Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 63 of 78 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ivyboys View Post
    Iím avoiding large crowds until thereís a vaccine. Iím ďessentialĒ so Iím still working with numerous people. It bothers me. Iím aware that the chances are probably higher that I get it, as opposed to not getting it, but that doesnít mean that Iím going to say ďF itĒ and not change anything. Personal hygiene has always been something that Iíve been a tad obsessed with, and hopefully that will help me avoid it. Iím social distancing, we have a curfew in place where I live, and Iím taking the precautionary steps to do my part. Iím not visiting my parents (ages 61 & 67) to be on the safe side, which is tough.

So yeah, Iím not catching a game at Wrigley, nor will I be attending college football games until a vaccine is in place. Iím skeptical, where we sit today, on 2 different vacations already planned for June and August.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thatís a tough position to be in. Be safe.

Two interesting things going on now

1. MLB held up all future transactions til further notice

2. MLB talking with the President about the possibility of starting up in empty ST stadiums with quarantine players

https://twitter.com/BleacherNation/s...534682625?s=19

Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    Sorry to hear that. Take care of yourself. This is a tough time to go through a loss.
    Yeah. Iím trying, but itís a hard thing to deal with. I knew he lived a good life, but itís still hard

2016 World Series Champions!!!

2020 Cubs Spring Training Thread

Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    Two interesting things going on now

1. MLB held up all future transactions til further notice

2. MLB talking with the President about the possibility of starting up in empty ST stadiums with quarantine players

https://twitter.com/BleacherNation/s...534682625?s=19
    I feel like that is an idea for the sake of having one. You canít move players away from their families for the next several months just to start the Baseball season because their simply wonít be enough room to have every players families in the same location and we are talking about all 30 teams playing in the same location.

Kris Bryantís wife is pregnant and expecting to deliver very soon. I doubt heíd want to play baseball in Arizona for the season and be away from his wife and baby. He is only one player who would have an issue with it, I am sure. Everyone would have different but very valid reasons to not wanting to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    This feels extremely optimistic, borderline unrealistic, especially since this **** is likely coming right back in the fall, if it ever leaves.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    This feels extremely optimistic, borderline unrealistic, especially since this **** is likely coming right back in the fall, if it ever leaves.
    Apparently China is supposedly seeing a second wave of infections starting to come around. So that probably doesnít bode well for it ending any time soon.

All of that is just a guess. Nobody can predict months down the road. Didnít I read where the players said that they would rather not play at all if they had to play in front of empty stadiums? I just donít know. I still stand behind if itís not safe for fans, then it isnít safe for players. These players are from all over the world. They all have families they will be around, and their families will be around people as well. They all will be staying in hotel rooms. They all will be eating out. Thereís just so many ways that this isnít safe for players to play if this hasnít cleared up, and especially if there isnít a vaccine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seems like weíre just delaying the inevitable that there will be no season this year.

Probably better to just let it go at this point. Wish it was the football season instead, as I loathe that sport.

trump? Give me a break!

2020 Cubs Spring Training Thread

Quote Originally Posted by TooL D/R/T View Post
    Seems like weíre just delaying the inevitable that there will be no season this year.

Probably better to just let it go at this point. Wish it was the football season instead, as I loathe that sport.
    Yep, increasingly likely we wonít have a season. Trump is simply guessing and for someone who actually used the word ďhoaxĒ to describe the Coronavirus a couple of months ago, I wouldnít take anything he says seriously. The man is simply a child who speaks and thinks like a child. Or, he is thinking like a business man because he is a business man.

Not only is he speaking for the various States in the US that are heavily affected, like New York who have two teams and theyíre one of the most heavily affected cities in the world. He is also speaking for what Canada will do considering Canada have a team that plays in MLB. Will the Blue Jays be set up in the United States during Baseball season for several months? How do you manage that situation? Maybe their borders wonít be open this year, so you either have the Blue Jays in the US throughout the season or you quarantine every team who has to visit Canada and the TBJ when they come to the US and that simply doesnít work.
    Last edited by JHBulls; 04-05-2020 at 02:01 PM.

Apparently China is supposedly seeing a second wave of infections starting to come around. So that probably doesnít bode well for it ending any time soon.
    I doubt their infections ever stopped. It's a country with over a billion people and they nerfed their numbers from the beginning.

I think there's a real chance we aren't seeing any major sports this year given the certainty of this coming back in the fall. Maybe baseball? Maybe... but I don't see how they can finish even a shortened season if/when this comes back.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    I doubt their infections ever stopped. It's a country with over a billion people and they nerfed their numbers from the beginning.

I think there's a real chance we aren't seeing any major sports this year given the certainty of this coming back in the fall. Maybe baseball? Maybe... but I don't see how they can finish even a shortened season if/when this comes back.
    I agree with you. I doubt thereís any sporting events until the fall

Legit crying for you CubsRule. Sorry!

I agree with you. I doubt thereís any sporting events until the fall
    When will we see anything with an audience again is the real question.

Page 63 of 78 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast