Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 54 of 74 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast

2020 Cubs Spring Training Thread

Yup.

Only grocery stores, gas stations and pharmacies (along with roads and highways) will be allowed to stay open in the state of Illinois
    Last edited by CubsRule08; 03-20-2020 at 02:30 PM.

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Cafes, pubs, gyms and theatres are going to shutdown in the UK from tonight. This is madness what is happening around the world.

Way to go, China!

Be glad for the lockdown. It will speed up the recovery of things. Currently cases are skyrocketing because enough people are still ignoring the warnings. Also, as testing becomes more available, numbers will climb. As a first responder, we are not even being allowed to stay home when we have been exposed. There’s not enough of us. Same goes with hospitals etc. We don’t get to self quarantine until we come down with full symptoms. No testing either because then they would have to shut us down. Everyone do your part so that this will be over as soon as possible.

I can’t believe there is still some ignorance on the internet as I just read on the main board. “It’s just a virus”, just plain stupid. Italy has had 627 deaths just today and by last count this virus has killed over 10,000 in a relatively short amount of time. People who didn’t need to die.

Another ignorant thing I have read plenty of “it’s only like a cold to young people”. Said with so much arrogant authority. Ridiculous and totally untrue.

Quote Originally Posted by JHBulls View Post
    I can’t believe there is still some ignorance on the internet as I just read on the main board. “It’s just a virus”, just plain stupid. Italy has had 627 deaths just today and by last count this virus has killed over 10,000 in a relatively short amount of time. People who didn’t need to die.

Another ignorant thing I have read plenty of “it’s only like a cold to young people”. Said with so much arrogant authority. Ridiculous and totally untrue.
    I despise those comments. Or the “it’s only old people and people with underlying conditions dying” comments, as if those aren’t lives with value. A huge percentage of people have underlying health conditions. I have one. My 9 year old has one. This virus is taking totally healthy people, but even if it was only the elderly and those with underlying conditions it’s still just as serious. Those people making comments like that are idiots.
    Last edited by CP_414; 03-20-2020 at 04:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    I despise those comments. Or the “it’s only old people and people with underlying conditions dying” comments, as if those aren’t lives with value. A huge percentage of people have underlying health conditions. I have one. My 9 year old has one. This virus is taking totally healthy people, but even if it was only the elderly and those with underlying conditions it’s still just as serious. Those people making comments like that are idiots.
    I am sorry to hear that about you and your daughter, that is terrible for any parent. There is so much anxiety and genuine fear with this virus that comments like those don’t help. If the government of all nations think the threat level is so high that they’re shutting borders and locking down major cities, it would be good if everyone paid attention.

This has really shown a lot of people for what they are. “It’s only the elderly” and how many of those people saying that have family that are elderly? A newborn baby and the mother contracted the virus and in another case, a 9 month old. It truly is frightening that there are plenty of people who simply don’t care.
    Last edited by JHBulls; 03-20-2020 at 04:57 PM.

I am sorry to hear that about you and your daughter, that is terrible for any parent. There is so much anxiety and genuine fear with this virus that comments like those don’t help. If the government of all nations think the threat level is so high that they’re shutting borders and locking down major cities, it would be good if everyone paid attention.

This has really shown a lot of people for what they are. “It’s only the elderly” and how many of those people saying that have family that are elderly? A newborn baby and the mother contracted the virus and in another case, a 9 month old. It truly is frightening that there are plenty of people who simply don’t care.
    Thanks. We are good. We are fine and distancing and mostly healthy, etc. I just mean that lots of people have underlying conditions that could make someone high risk for this. Up to 50% of non elderly Americans have something defined as a pre existing condition. Many of those people would have weakened immune systems or respiratory issues.

As the political narrative continues to change, I imagine we’ll hear less comments like that about it only being the flu.

I have said it probably a dozen times around the various forums here and I will say it once more...

The same people who bought in on the COVID-19 hysteria will go right back to their unsanitary ways as soon as it dies down. There are people who are literally for the first time in their lives buying hand sanitizer and washing their hands frequently. It isn't a lifestyle to them and they will go right back to their old ways as soon as this is over. Just today, I watched a co-worker eat from a tray of store bought cookies without washing her hands. I work in medical imaging, by the way. To get to the cookies, she had to open a door to the department (we're keeping all doors in the hospital closed) and touched a handle that had been touched by countless people. Not one person other than me in the entire hospital washes their hands before eating. Not one. 99% of people don't. It is the most basic and effective way to prevent the spread of disease, but 99% of the people in this country don't do it. But, those same people want to talk about how serious this situation is. Ironic.
    Chicago CubsChicago BlackhawksBuffalo BillsSouthern Illinois University Salukis

Naomi OsakaAngelique KerberBianca Andreescu

Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    Thanks. We are good. We are fine and distancing and mostly healthy, etc. I just mean that lots of people have underlying conditions that could make someone high risk for this. Up to 50% of non elderly Americans have something defined as a pre existing condition. Many of those people would have weakened immune systems or respiratory issues.

As the political narrative continues to change, I imagine we’ll hear less comments like that about it only being the flu.
    Great to hear that mate.

I totally agree with you. Soon everyone will get to grips with how bad this is when the virus peaks. It’s frightening that it hasn’t peaked yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    I have said it probably a dozen times around the various forums here and I will say it once more...

The same people who bought in on the COVID-19 hysteria will go right back to their unsanitary ways as soon as it dies down. There are people who are literally for the first time in their lives buying hand sanitizer and washing their hands frequently. It isn't a lifestyle to them and they will go right back to their old ways as soon as this is over. Just today, I watched a co-worker eat from a tray of store bought cookies without washing her hands. I work in medical imaging, by the way. To get to the cookies, she had to open a door to the department (we're keeping all doors in the hospital closed) and touched a handle that had been touched by countless people. Not one person other than me in the entire hospital washes their hands before eating. Not one. 99% of people don't. It is the most basic and effective way to prevent the spread of disease, but 99% of the people in this country don't do it. But, those same people want to talk about how serious this situation is. Ironic.
    Another value truth. All I ever remember my dad saying for the last 20+ years is the Greek word for the word “germs” and “wash your hands”. I have always washed my hands out of habit but also because I can’t stand the thought of something not being clean before I touch it and then move on to do something else. It should be a basic habit for everyone.

Another value truth. All I ever remember my dad saying for the last 20+ years is the Greek word for the word “germs” and “wash your hands”. I have always washed my hands out of habit but also because I can’t stand the thought of something not being clean before I touch it and then move on to do something else. It should be a basic habit for everyone.
    My friends get irritated with me over it. I don't share my food or drinks when we go out. I won't eat from community food if it's something like chips that people eat with their hands. I won't pass them the salt shaker at a restaurant if my hands are clean. I wash my hands, no joke, around 20 times a day, if not more. But, I'm never sick. It's the most tried and true method of keeping yourself from getting sick.

My friends get irritated with me over it. I don't share my food or drinks when we go out. I won't eat from community food if it's something like chips that people eat with their hands. I won't pass them the salt shaker at a restaurant if my hands are clean. I wash my hands, no joke, around 20 times a day, if not more. But, I'm never sick. It's the most tried and true method of keeping yourself from getting sick.
    My biggest pet peeve is the whole sharing food thing. It’s just weird af. Friends can be irritated all they want, better to be safe than sorry.

Agreed. As someone who always has hand and bleach wipes on hand, I’m beyond aggravated that now I can’t get any because people who are normally disgusting when it comes to cleanliness have temporarily seen the light.

Those of us that were always clean to begin with now have less resources available to us.

My biggest pet peeve is the whole sharing food thing. It’s just weird af. Friends can be irritated all they want, better to be safe than sorry.
    If I won't kiss you, I won't share my food or drink with you.

Page 54 of 74 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast