Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 49 of 77 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TooL D/R/T View Post
    Governor said all Chicago sports teams have agreed to no games or, games with no crowd until May 1st.

Edit:

Kind of was anyways since all Sports league postponed the season [emoji2369]

Not like they were going to say No..lol

Politicians [emoji57]

Mark Grace was doing color commentary in the booth with Len and Jim last game, would love to see that all year.

Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    Kind of was anyways since all Sports league postponed the season [emoji2369]

Not like they were going to say No..lol

Politicians [emoji57]
    Yeah. Just makes me wonder if weíre gonna have a much longer delay than two weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by TooL D/R/T View Post
    Yeah. Just makes me wonder if weíre gonna have a much longer delay than two weeks.
    I be surprise if they play April 9th. I think itís going to take a couple of months at the least . I am so sad right now.
    [emoji17]

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

El Mago

I'm concerned that my trip to Atlanta in July might be affected.

This sucks. First time season ticket holder too.

Quote Originally Posted by s2obed View Post
    This sucks. First time season ticket holder too.
    Same.

2016 World Series Champions!!!

I just wonder how this will affect starters in particular as well as everybody else obviously. I mean we were at the point where starters were getting stretched out (Darvish 70 pitches last night). Does the team stay together back in Chicago and do some sort of practice every day? Can the Cubs scrimmage the AAA team to keep a game like environment? I guess we donít know the answer to any of this until we get an official announcement of when the season will start. Itís crazy unchartered territory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ivyboys View Post
    I just wonder how this will affect starters in particular as well as everybody else obviously. I mean we were at the point where starters were getting stretched out (Darvish 70 pitches last night). Does the team stay together back in Chicago and do some sort of practice every day? Can the Cubs scrimmage the AAA team to keep a game like environment? I guess we donít know the answer to any of this until we get an official announcement of when the season will start. Itís crazy unchartered territory.

Not only that, but how does it affect the trade deadline, service time, the lux tax? Do players get paid? If not, will this put the Cubs under the tax? Does the tax change? Will they have a long enough run up to the trade deadline to decide if they are buyers or sellers? If they donít play all year do players get credit for service time? What if itís worse than expected and they lose the whole year? Then what if thereís a strike/lockout next offseason? Lots of things that theyíll need to figure out.

Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    Not only that, but how does it affect the trade deadline, service time, the lux tax? Do players get paid? If not, will this put the Cubs under the tax? Does the tax change? Will they have a long enough run up to the trade deadline to decide if they are buyers or sellers? If they donít play all year do players get credit for service time? What if itís worse than expected and they lose the whole year? Then what if thereís a strike/lockout next offseason? Lots of things that theyíll need to figure out.
    Exactly. I had all these thoughts earlier. Thereís just so many potential issues. Itís just all a foreign territory for us.

2020 Cubs Spring Training Thread

This might be just the craziest set of statements I have read from an Australian Prime Minister.

ď
    We will be advising against organised, non-essential gatherings of 500 persons or greater from Monday,Ē Prime Minister Scott Morrison said.

These events that we are seeking to advise against and restrict are for non-essential gatherings.Ē

But as Australian sporting fans were left confused as to whether games would proceed in the immediate-term, the PM said he would be going to the footy to watch his beloved Sharks at ANZ Stadium on Saturday evening.

ďI am going on Saturday because it might be the last chance for a while,Ē he said.
    You can cancel everything in the world but you canít cancel our PM from watching his favourite football team playing. He can put that on a T-Shirt to go along with his, ďI am on a family holiday in Hawaii, the bush fires will still be there where I returnĒ.

I get that is way off-topic but with Covid-19 the hot topic, I figured that you have to put real stupidity into perspective.
    Last edited by JHBulls; 03-13-2020 at 01:56 AM.

What about the draft? College kids. High school kids. They won't have seasons in many cases. You're going to be shooting in the dark even more. Are kids going to sign if they think they would have gone higher of they actually played? Are guys going to get an extra year of eligibility because they played a fraction of a season?

It's going to be messy all around. Sounds trivial right now to wonder about that stuff, but it's going to make the draft weird.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Good questions! I think the trade deadline should remain 2/3 of whatever season they have. So I think it should be moved back if need be. Aug 31 would be the latest.

About 92% of big league roster time consists of a full service time season. I'd stay with that number. 91% is not a full season. So if the season becomes 150 days long, 138 days would consist of a full service time season.

If the players are going to get paid, it obviously won't matter one way or another as far as the cap goes. I think that if they don't get paid, they should reduce the amount of the cap by the percentage of the amount of pay lost. It should all be relative.
    Last edited by thawv; 03-13-2020 at 08:13 AM.

Cancelling my flight and hotel to Arizona today. First time I wonít make spring training in 15 years. This blows!!!

Quote Originally Posted by o8cubs View Post
    Cancelling my flight and hotel to Arizona today. First time I wonít make spring training in 15 years. This blows!!!
    I can imagine how excited you were to make the trip. So disappointing.

I just hope they don't mess with the schedule to the point that it changes everything. We have a group of 12 going to Atlanta. 6 BR house already reserved.....plane tickets bought, and tickets just up from the Cubs dugout already purchased.

Page 49 of 77 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast