Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 37 of 78 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by thawv View Post
    I'm not sure what Miller has to do with my post. I never suggested that he would make the team and I never mentioned his performance in Spring training.
    It wasn't about him. It's the idea that anything is truly equal between players. Very rarely is it actually equal. I used Miller to highlight that.

The Cubs bullpen is a rare exception to that on that it's all the same hurt/spaghetti garbage. But it's a rare time everyone is really on equal status.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

For me, the issue isn't the 26th guy. I am fine with keeping a 3rd catcher or speedster to steal a few bags and be a defensive replacement. The 26th guy won't move the needle in either direction, but my issue is the 24th and 25th guys aren't much better either. Kipnis and Almora are pretty much useless.

To have a successful 2020 season, we basically have to hope for perfect health. If Javy, KB, Rizzo, Schwarber, etc go out for an extended period of time, we are in big trouble. Same can be said for our starting rotation.

https://www.bleachernation.com/cubs/...st-youtube-tv/

An update via Bleacher Nation on Marquee Network regarding non-signed companies

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    https://www.bleachernation.com/cubs/...st-youtube-tv/

An update via Bleacher Nation on Marquee Network regarding non-signed companies
    Looking more and more like I am leaving Comcast.

Quote Originally Posted by rcal10 View Post
    Looking more and more like I am leaving Comcast.
    We've decided to stick with Fubo even if they don't end up carrying Marquee. We'll listen to Pat on the radio vs. having to switch and bend the knee.

What a mess, they had years to get this right.

Probably be the lowest TV rating ever for the cubs on opening day and every game til they get the Comcast deal done

I still believe they will get a deal done.

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    I don't feel terribly strongly in how I want the Cubs want to approach the 26th spot. Since you bring it up though, the Cubs could just have Schwarber as the emergency catcher. I recall Maddon giving him the roll last year. Obviously anything prolonged would result in another catcher getting called up, but if they wanted Caratini to be the first guy off the bench, as they should, you always got Schwarber to do spot duties as needed.
    Yes......I can't see any reason to carry 3 catchers, and an emergency catcher also.

Even if VC gets 10 games at 1B, he's still a catcher. Willy should be an exclusive catcher, and not play other positions.

2020 Cubs Spring Training Thread

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    Well, we know which way Jim Crane will vote. :rofl2:

In all seriousness, all sporting events in Italy are being played with no fans in attendance for one month. I have to say that watching football (soccer) on TV with no fans in the stadium is freaking eerie. You can actually hear the players swearing. Canít imagine what itíll be like in baseball.
    Last edited by JHBulls; 03-09-2020 at 05:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JHBulls View Post

In all seriousness, all sporting events in Italy are being played with no fans in attendance for one month. I have to say that watching football (soccer) on TV with no fans in the stadium is freaking eerie. You can actually hear the players swearing. Canít imagine what itíll be like in baseball.
    Yeah every time Heyward rolls one to 2b or pops one up, he drops a F bomb lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2020 Cubs Spring Training Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ivyboys View Post
    Yeah every time Heyward rolls one to 2b or pops one up, he drops a F bomb lol

:rofl2:

Was actually coming to edit my post. Itís just been announced that all sporting events in Italy have been suspended until next month with people advised to stay home. Italy is in lockdown. I thought Australia was bad where the biggest problem are people actually hording toilet paper because of the upcoming zombie apocalypse and shelves in major supermarkets have been stripped bare of the stuff.
    Last edited by JHBulls; 03-09-2020 at 06:07 PM.

:rofl2:

Was actually coming to edit my post. Itís just been announced that all sporting events in Italy have been suspended until next month with people advised to stay home. Italy is in lockdown. I thought Australia was bad where the biggest problem are people actually hording toilet paper because of the upcoming zombie apocalypse and shelves in major supermarkets have been stripped bare of the stuff.
    Iím interested to see how it affects baseball here. Thereís supposed to be a big conference call discussing it this afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by thawv View Post
    Yes......I can't see any reason to carry 3 catchers, and an emergency catcher also.

Even if VC gets 10 games at 1B, he's still a catcher. Willy should be an exclusive catcher, and not play other positions.
    In general I agree with you. Donít like a 3rd catcher. However on this team where the back up catcher is probably your best bench bat and the 26th man might come down to Phegley, Descalso, Perez or Miller, I might lean Phegley. Not because he will get starts. Because he is the best hitter out of that group and he allows them to use VC anytime in a game without worrying about being down to just Contreras. I get Schwarber can catch too, but I doubt that is something they want to have to do.

Quote Originally Posted by rcal10 View Post
    In general I agree with you. Donít like a 3rd catcher. However on this team where the back up catcher is probably your best bench bat and the 26th man might come down to Phegley, Descalso, Perez or Miller, I might lean Phegley. Not because he will get starts. Because he is the best hitter out of that group and he allows them to use VC anytime in a game without worrying about being down to just Contreras. I get Schwarber can catch too, but I doubt that is something they want to have to do.
    Yes. If Caratini is the best bat on the bench, which is probably the case, a third catcher makes sense. You donít want them saving their best option, especially with the rest of the bench looking really weak. Schwarber has caught one inning the past two years, he isnít an option.

The entire country (Italy) is going to be quarantined starting tomorrow.

Pretty ****ing crazy.

Page 37 of 78 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast