Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 66 of 75 FirstFirst ... 16566465666768 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    Catching up on the thread here.

CubsRule08, so sorry to hear about your dog, brother. I can't imagine how heartbreaking that is. You gave your dog a really great life. A really happy one full of love and being cared for by a family. That matters, my friend. As painful as it is to bury a family member like that, just remember the happy life you were able to give. Not all dogs get to live like that.
    Thanks, brother.

Yeah he lived a wonderful life and was very well treated. Still sad knowing heís no longer here

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Guys, Iíve been inspired by some of the World Series talk on here last week. I popped in my World Series collection and watched Game 6 of the NLCS last night and this morning. I will start Game 1 of the World Series later today.

It has been said time after time after time on here but how freaking masterful is Kyle Hendricks? The Dodgers jumped on him early (lol) and then he just proceeded to mow them down. The second hit that came off Hendricks after the single on pitch 1 of the game removed him from the game in the 8th inning and on his 88th pitch of the game (only other base runner allowed for Hendricks was from a Javi fielding error in the 2nd inning when it would have been a clear out otherwise). By comparison, Kershaw was taken out after the 5th inning and 93 pitches. Legendary performance by Hendricks! That pickoff on Reddick to end the 2nd inning was nasty as ****, too.

Quote Originally Posted by JHBulls View Post
    Guys, Iíve been inspired by some of the World Series talk on here last week. I popped in my World Series collection and watched Game 6 of the NLCS last night and this morning. I will start Game 1 of the World Series later today.

It has been said time after time after time on here but how freaking masterful is Kyle Hendricks? The Dodgers jumped on him early (lol) and then he just proceeded to mow them down. The second hit that came off Hendricks after the single on pitch 1 of the game removed him from the game in the 8th inning and on his 88th pitch of the game (only other base runner allowed for Hendricks was from a Javi fielding error in the 2nd inning when it would have been a clear out otherwise). By comparison, Kershaw was taken out after the 5th inning and 93 pitches. Legendary performance by Hendricks! That pickoff on Reddick to end the 2nd inning was nasty as ****, too.
    Full game is up on youtube if anyone else wants to relive the memories and doesn't have it on DVR. Really was an amazing performance by Hendricks.

2020 Cubs Spring Training Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Addison View Post
    Full game is up on youtube if anyone else wants to relive the memories and doesn't have it on DVR. Really was an amazing performance by Hendricks.
    It definitely was. I am currently into the 7th inning of game 1 of the WS and Kluber was absolutely filthy. 8 of the first 9 outs he recorded was via the strikeout. Lester had such a rough 1st inning, the 3rd out took him 21 pitches and he ended the 1st on 26 pitches. Ross made a good catch to escape the bases loaded jam in the 1st inning when it was a 2-0 scoreline already. When you see Kluber pitching like this, the Cubs really were lucky he was overworked later into the week.

Schwarber, a double off Kluber and a walk off Miller was just great. Rewatching Game 1, I had forgotten that the Cubs had Miller on the ropes with bases loaded and no outs.
    Last edited by JHBulls; 04-11-2020 at 12:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    Awesome news! Such a perfect looking baby.
    Last edited by JHBulls; 04-11-2020 at 06:54 PM.

Finished Game 2 and wow, Arrieta was an amazing pitcher for the Cubs. It escaped me back then that he had the second longest no-hit bid in a World Series game (that Game 2) since Jerry Koosman in one of the 1969 World Series games where he went 6 innings with a no-hitter.

Also,having Schwarber on that World Series roster was huge. Itís hard to forget just how good he was but rewatching the series like this a few years later, he really was just the perfect addition to that roster to the point that you remove the Wrigley Field games where he couldnít play the field and Schwarber was a candidate for the MVP.

Becoming a father has been an absolute blast. I get home from work and shower right away before my twins (9 mos now) even see me and then I jump in their play yard and let them climb on me for about an hour or so until they are hungry. They just love the hell out of life. It makes my life so much sweeter.

Congrats to the Bryants.

Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    Becoming a father has been an absolute blast. I get home from work and shower right away before my twins (9 mos now) even see me and then I jump in their play yard and let them climb on me for about an hour or so until they are hungry. They just love the hell out of life. It makes my life so much sweeter.

Congrats to the Bryants.
    That is so wonderful! I donít have children but having children around in your life is so amazing. I absolutely adore my two nieces (8yr and 4yr) as if they were my daughters, I am even the godfather to the 4yr, much to the disappointment of the oldest (as our relationship is pretty wonderful) but her father had one of his cousins in mind as her godfather.

What sucks right now are these social distancing rules, I canít see them at the moment and it is my youngest nieces 5th birthday next week. We would love to see them but now with everything that has been happening we just canít gather like we used to so FaceTime will have to do but as you can imagine, it just isnít the same.
    Last edited by JHBulls; 04-11-2020 at 08:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JHBulls View Post
    That is so wonderful! I donít have children but having children around in your life is so amazing. I absolutely adore my two nieces (8yr and 4yr) as if they were my daughters, I am even the godfather to the 4yr, much to the disappointment of the oldest (as our relationship is pretty wonderful) but her father had one of his cousins in mind as her godfather.

What sucks right now are these social distancing rules, I canít see them at the moment and it is my youngest nieces 5th birthday next week. We would live to see them but now with everything that has been happening we just canít gather like we used to so FaceTime will have to do but as you can imagine, it just isnít the same.
    It was my nieceís 5th birthday on Thurs, and I was able to drop off my nieceís birthday presents, on top of her and my nephewís Easter baskets, and I got to see them for about an hour before I had to go to work.

Yeah itís crazy how things are nowadays.

It was my nieceís 5th birthday on Thurs, and I was able to drop off my nieceís birthday presents, on top of her and my nephewís Easter baskets, and I got to see them for about an hour before I had to go to work.

Yeah itís crazy how things are nowadays.
    Thats awesome that you got to see her. Yeah, it is crazy that we just canít do the things that we naturally would right now.

My nieces birthday falls on our Greek Orthodox Easter next Sunday which would have been a gathering anyway without her birthday but even more special that it is her birthday. Her mum said she will decorate the house and our gifts have been sent to her house already. I think when life can go back to normal we will all make up lost time with family.
    Last edited by JHBulls; 04-11-2020 at 09:56 PM.

Just watched Javi's walk off HR against the Nationals on walk off week. It makes me so fugging pissed off that we don't get to watch baseball right now

Thanks, brother.

Yeah he lived a wonderful life and was very well treated. Still sad knowing heís no longer here
    He was a lucky dog to have that. When we get baseball back the first beer is on me, brother!
    Chicago Cubs ē Chicago Blackhawks ē Buffalo Bills ē Southern Illinois University Salukis

Naomi Osaka ē Angelique Kerber ē Bianca Andreescu

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    He was a lucky dog to have that. When we get baseball back the first beer is on me, brother!
    Sounds good to me

Page 66 of 75 FirstFirst ... 16566465666768 ... LastLast