Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 61 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    How did that 2001 Cubs team finish with 88 wins? Hundley, Coomer, Stairs, Buford... just gross.
    Sammy Sosa had a 9.9 fWAR season & really good pitching.

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    Sammy Sosa had a 9.9 fWAR season & really good pitching.
    It's funny how memories get triggered. I was at a June game that season in St. Louis. Sammy homered twice, knocked in 6. Bleacher seats at old Busch were $10. Crazy *** Julian Tavarez was on the mound.
    Chicago CubsChicago BlackhawksBuffalo BillsSouthern Illinois University Salukis

Naomi OsakaAngelique KerberBianca Andreescu

2020 Cubs Spring Training Thread

Looks like they are giving serious thoughts to a 100 game regular season starting July 1st / no all star game and the World Series in LA.

I still think no baseball until 2021 as the situation is getting out of control .

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

El Mago

It's funny how memories get triggered. I was at a June game that season in St. Louis. Sammy homered twice, knocked in 6. Bleacher seats at old Busch were $10. Crazy *** Julian Tavarez was on the mound.
    The Cubs never really did successfully build anything remotely close to competence offensively around Sosa during his prime when you look at it. My first year watching the Cubs was 2003 when I was 8, so I can really only go off of the numbers.

2020 Cubs Spring Training Thread

Spectrum has FINALLY agreed to a deal with AT&T TV/DirecTV in Los Angeles to start carrying Dodgers games on their network after a SIX YEAR BLACKOUT. The channel has already gone live on their platforms as well. And no, it’s not an April Fools joke either.

Hopefully it won’t take 6 years, but if they’re able to finally agree to a deal, I think Comcast and Marquee can get something done.

2016 World Series Champions!!!

The Cubs never really did successfully build anything remotely close to competence offensively around Sosa during his prime when you look at it. My first year watching the Cubs was 2003 when I was 8, so I can really only go off of the numbers.
    A 36-year old Moises Alou, Corey Patterson, and a year of Aramis Ramirez and Derrek Lee. That was the best they did.

A 36-year old Moises Alou, Corey Patterson, and a year of Aramis Ramirez and Derrek Lee. That was the best they did.
    That wasn't his prime though. Didn't pass 3 fWAR after 2002.

That wasn't his prime though. Didn't pass 3 fWAR after 2002.
    Oh, I know. I was looking at the span of his Cubs career. That was the best offense that they put around him in the time that he was a Cub.

Well we are about the same age. I was 9 in 2003. I just assumed I was the youngest guy on this forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So it looks like MLB is going to start planning a 100 game season starting July 1. If they can’t start by then, they will almost undoubtedly not play at all. Would need to start some semblance of ST by June 10th as well. Keep your fingers crossed. If this happens, it will mean we have turned the curve with this virus as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is gonna be a weird but fascinating season if it happens

Let’s say this continues to escalate as expected for the next few weeks and 100-200k+ people die, and millions of Americans are hospitalized by C-19. Then the curve starts to flatten out and the daily number of cases starts to lower significantly. At what point are you willing to go to a place with 40,000 people like a baseball game? If they played in front of crowds in July, would you go? October?

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    I'd buy a home, an away, and an alternate jersey of Heyward's and wear them every day this summer if that is what it took.
    hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    Let’s say this continues to escalate as expected for the next few weeks and 100-200k+ people die, and millions of Americans are hospitalized by C-19. Then the curve starts to flatten out and the daily number of cases starts to lower significantly. At what point are you willing to go to a place with 40,000 people like a baseball game? If they played in front of crowds in July, would you go? October?
    For me personally, it would have to be the day after a vaccine is found. I wouldn’t feel safe around other people even if the curve has completely flattened without a vaccine. Life might return to normal and in the background they’re still working on a vaccine that could be 12-18 months away. If I missed out on sports for that long, so be it.

Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    Depends. My fear is not getting the virus (you're foolish to think at some point you won't or already haven't) it's that I am not contributing to how fast it was spreading.

I think that's what is lost. All signs to me point to you will more then likely get this and in fact aren't they saying, they expect 80% of population to get it at some point. The problem is it spread so damn fast and hospitals are overran. Hopefully we curve it and also get ways to combat it for those that can't battle it themselves.

Page 61 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast