Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 57 of 76 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JHBulls View Post
    There is really nothing wrong with MLB just having a 100 game regular season if Baseball comes back in June which would cut off 60-70 games anyway. Playing a 140-150 regular season in a timeframe where there would typically only be 100 games left on the schedule is tiring. I get playing regular season games in October is an option but playing postseason games throughout November in icy cold weather doesnít sound comfortable at all.

It will be interesting what will happen with the Cubs London series. Maybe postpone it for next year because if sport does return to London by June, they could be played without fans and if thatís the case there wouldnít be a point to the series being played in London.
    Postseason games would probably be played in neutral sites stadium with roof . Rosters would definitely need to be bigger especially with the talk of the new spring training been only 2 / 2 and a half week long instead of 4 so they can get more regular season games in before the cold comes. Lots of pitchers for everybody.

Is going to be very interesting to see how they can make a 140 schedule work if that is the plan. Hopefully we get the chance to see it but I am not sure we are going to see any baseball this year TBH.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

El Mago

Well guys... we should be celebrating opening day today. I was going to take off work as I normally do on opening day. Hopefully we can get it back pretty soon. Considering we all spend a lot of time on here talking about the Cubs, Iím sure you all are as depressed as I am today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by northsider View Post
    I guess that is where we disagree as I do care he was in control as that is what I saw. I mean a little context was to me was just the fact of getting that 5-1 lead allowed him to go to a comfort zone instead of perhaps pitching out of character and I felt like he was demonstrating that.

I mean all of this is for nothing as we went on to win and Joe is no longer the manager. At the end of the day I think it was a horrible decision as Hendricks with a 5-1 lead at sub 70 pitchers and going on cruise control is who I want to ride with a little longer then just one walk that he was squeezed on. He wasn't just squeezed either he threw a breaking pitch that wasn't even questionable strike 3 on Santana that should have ended inning.

I am fine not agreeing on this one as again I was about as non-critical of Joe as anyone. However in that moment I still stand by it being a bone headed call by Joe.

Luckily we don't have to play the what if game for this one we were on the right side of an epic win.
    Your first paragraph is completely speculative though. In reality, you have no idea of knowing how well Hendricks would have continued to pitch. He could've given up a homer on the next AB to Kipnis. There's really no such thing as "cruise control" in baseball. The metrics we have tell us that Hendricks would not have continued to prevent runs at such a great rate, and that's all Maddon has to work with.

Anyway, I doubt I'm going to sway you at this point, and you have the right to your opinion of course, but I'd hope at the very least you can acknowledge there was a logic and reasoning to Joe's decisions, whether those reasons were satisfactory for you or not. Lester was really good despite the fluky stuff that happened in the 5th. I think Kyle's relative struggles going into his 3rd time through the order aren't something to treat so dismissively and that without hindsight, there was no reason to believe Lester going through the order two times wouldn't have prevented runs at a better rate than Hendricks going another two times. Joe's decision was informed and calculated. I think there's this notion that Joe "managed scared" or whatever, but I think it's wrong. I think he simply had a plan and was going to stick to it no matter what. That's what I loved about Joe is love him or hate him, he always had conviction in what he was doing.
    Last edited by La_bibbers; 03-26-2020 at 08:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ivyboys View Post
    Well guys... we should be celebrating opening day today. I was going to take off work as I normally do on opening day. Hopefully we can get it back pretty soon. Considering we all spend a lot of time on here talking about the Cubs, Iím sure you all are as depressed as I am today.

Yeah. Itís depressing for sure, but hopefully we will get our baseball fix soon,

2016 World Series Champions!!!

With today supposed to be opening day and still no agreement between Comcast and Marquee , makes me wonder now if they will at all for this season..

I wonder if theyre even talking now

Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    With today supposed to be opening day and still no agreement between Comcast and Marquee , makes me wonder now if they will at all for this season..

I wonder if theyre even talking now
    With everything going on I'm not surprised. If you're both, with all of the uncertainty of the season and when it may or may not happen, there's no immediacy again. I doubt anything gets done in the next little bit.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Hey guys, how is everyone? No sports (not just the Cubs) is the worst. From my 11 year old on up...

I hope you all are doing well.

I saw on ESPN this morning that several players have suggested that MLB play 8 games a week (two DHs and one travel day) so starting in mid-June, that gives 15 weeks for a regular season times 8 games a week produces a 120-game season. Probably the best we can hope for. I would think they would have to add at least one more pitcher to do this, resulting in a 27-man roster perhaps.

If anyone pains to watch it, YouTube is currently showing 2016 WS Game 7 vs the Indians.

Rajai just hit the tying HR off Chapman. Still hurts

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    If anyone pains to watch it, YouTube is currently showing 2016 WS Game 7 vs the Indians.

Rajai just hit the tying HR off Chapman. Still hurts
    Hurts a lot just to think of it. My jaw hit the ground and in my rage I stupidly wrote on here ďI donít care what happens in this game anymoreĒ. One hour later and we were World Series Champions.

I remember the 9th inning home run that was ďalmostĒ hit off Chapman or so the lore goes. It missed by about 30 metres.

Quote Originally Posted by JHBulls View Post
    Hurts a lot just to think of it. My jaw hit the ground and in my rage I stupidly wrote on here ďI donít care what happens in this game anymoreĒ. One hour later and we were World Series Champions.

I remember the 9th inning home run that was ďalmostĒ hit off Chapman or so the lore goes. It missed by about 30 metres.
    The Kipnis foul ball, yeah. Brutal.

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    The Kipnis foul ball, yeah. Brutal.
    Yeah I rewatched last night. When it happened my heart sunk to my stomach. Watching now, it wasnít even that close lol. Itís also easy to forget just how big that tag up was by Almora to get to 2nd. And the insurance run from Miggy proved to be huge. That was an incredible game. The highest highs and lowest lows (besides actually losing) all in one game.

2020 Cubs Spring Training Thread

When baseball resumes operations and the regular season officially starts, MLB and the MLBPA has agreed to expand rosters to 29 players during the first month of the season

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    When baseball resumes operations and the regular season officially starts, MLB and the MLBPA has agreed to expand rosters to 29 players during the first month of the season
    Also the lux tax stays where it is and lux tax salaries arenít prorated. With 3 extra roster spots thatís a little more that the Cubs will be over the tax.

Pushing the lux tax decision to July might end up biting them.

Page 57 of 76 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast