Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 52 of 76 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
    My guess is they'll just shorten the season by however many months. Impossible to make up those games when teams play every day. In 1995 when they came back late from the player's strike the season was delayed and they played 144 games i think that year. They did have replacement players at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    MLB might not start until after Memorial Day weekend, according to multiple reports.

I believe that became news after the CDC recommended no events of more than 50 people for at least the next 8 weeks
    Basically June would be ST, then start an 81 game season .

No Allstar game
    Trade deadline in Mid August

Just wondering if teams would still be paying players full salary and if or how it would affect payrolls and LT..

These idiots really thought they could have a full season still starting in May. So naive.

First games, May 25th. 108-game season.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevemil505 View Post
    The season ain’t starting in May. They’ll be lucky to start in July at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There’s no chance the season starts by Memorial Day weekend.

Looking like mid-June or even early July because they’re going to need a bit more ST since they’ve had to quit cold turkey right now.

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    There’s no chance the season starts by Memorial Day weekend.

Looking like mid-June or even early July because they’re going to need a bit more ST since they’ve had to quit cold turkey right now.
    I think the schedule guy should start working on an 81 game (half season) schedule. He has enough time to get that done. At first I didn’t think he would, but with this news he should.

The questions still remains... what does this mean for luxury tax? Does this automatically put us (& every other team for that matter) under the tax?

Does Nico or Bote start the season as the starting second baseman? I think it comes down to who gives us a better chance to win, because every single game will matter.

I have a ton of questions about how all of this will work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This really sucks!

Saturday fantasy draft postponed
    Next weeks Friday Night Smackdown likely cancelled. Sad son
    Kentucky Derby moved to Sep 5th. I have to cancel this year.
    Praying that they don't change the July series in Atlanta. 12 tickets and 6 BR house already in hand.

One more thing. I have to cancel a big 1950's party that I'm throwing!
    Last edited by thawv; 03-17-2020 at 08:22 AM.

My wife and her best friend have been planning a joint 40th bday bash for months. Almost 100 confirmed to go. My wife has resigned to the fact that it is now a terrible idea; unfortunately her friend hasn't. She still wants to throw it. Shes seriously delusional as to how bad **** is right now.

My fantasy basketball league cant agree on what to do, either. The playoff spots were locked up in the last week. I (didn't make the playoffs) feel like those teams should share the pot. Others (even a couple that made the playoffs) want all teams to get their money back. It's a mess.

I know that ultimately we shouldn't even really care but it is what it is.
    Last edited by WOwolfOL; 03-17-2020 at 09:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    My wife and her best friend have been planning a joint 40th bday bash for months. Almost 100 confirmed to go. My wife has resigned to the fact that it is now a terrible idea; unfortunately her friend hasn't. She still wants to throw it. Shes seriously delusional as to how bad **** is right now.

My fantasy basketball league cant agree on what to do, either. The playoff spots were locked up in the last week. I (didn't make the playoffs) feel like those teams should share the pot. Others (even a couple that made the playoffs) want all teams to get their money back. It's a mess.

I know that ultimately we shouldn't even really care but it is what it is.
    Sadly, there are plenty of people I have read online that don’t seem to be taking this seriously. It’s gotten to the point where I have realised that I have had more grown up conversations with my 8 year old niece than a lot of adults in this world.

Over here our football league is deciding today (Wednesday) if they’re going to start their football league tomorrow (Thursday). Up until now the league is still scheduled to start with no fans in attendance. They have already made the decision to cull the number of games per team from 22 regular season games (and playoffs for the top 8 of 18 team competition that’s run for 3 weeks) down to 17 regular season games and 3 weeks of playoffs.

A normal season runs from this date until the last Saturday in September but the commissioner has said that the league can be extended until if need be. So why then can you fit 17 or 20 weeks worth of games into 40 weeks so there is plenty of leeway and they can’t figure out what to do until the last minute? So what you will about Manfred but he went from saying baseball is cancelled for 4 weeks to only a few days later cancelling it for 8 weeks. That is very proactive.

Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    Basically June would be ST, then start an 81 game season .

No Allstar game
    Trade deadline in Mid August

Just wondering if teams would still be paying players full salary and if or how it would affect payrolls and LT..
    8 weeks would be about May 15. ST could be shortened at this point to 2 to 3 weeks so season could start last week in May or first week in June. Not say it will, but it could if the 8-week restriction on crowd limit turns out to be correct.

With the forthcoming season being shortened to probably 100 games or less, does anyone here know how players' salaries will be handled? Is it pro-rated on a games played (by the team, obvisously not the player) basis, ie, 50% for an 81-game season? Also, are the salary tax levels pro-rated too? --Seems as if they would have to be.

MLBN is showing the Cubs 23-22 game with the Phillies from the 1979 season. It's... something... at least. I actually miss the days of simpler broadcasts like this. The over-analyzation of sports has taken a significant enjoyment out of watching for me. Presentations are so stressful. So, I enjoy the old-time broadcasts.
    Chicago CubsChicago BlackhawksBuffalo BillsSouthern Illinois University Salukis

Naomi OsakaAngelique KerberBianca Andreescu

With the forthcoming season being shortened to probably 100 games or less, does anyone here know how players' salaries will be handled? Is it pro-rated on a games played (by the team, obvisously not the player) basis, ie, 50% for an 81-game season? Also, are the salary tax levels pro-rated too? --Seems as if they would have to be.
    If I had to guess I would guess that everything will be pro rated. If they miss half the season the tax will be 104 million, and everybody's salary would be reduced by half. It makes the most sense to me to pro rate everything so everything is relative

Page 52 of 76 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast