Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 63 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Kelly Crull is going to fox sports south. This offseason (and now spring training) is the worst.

2016 World Series Champions!!!

1. KB 3B
    2. Rizzo 1B
    3. Baez SS
    4. Schwarber LF
    5. Contreras C
    6. Heyward RF
    7. Happ CF
    8. Bote/Hoerner/Descalso/Kipnis/etc. 2B
    9. Pitcher

Feel like this will be the opening day lineup, and the lineup most days. Those top 5 have to play up to their talent, because the second half of that lineup isn't instilling fear into any opponent.

Quote Originally Posted by ChiTownPacerFan View Post
    1. KB 3B
    2. Rizzo 1B
    3. Baez SS
    4. Schwarber LF
    5. Contreras C
    6. Heyward RF
    7. Happ CF
    8. Bote/Hoerner/Descalso/Kipnis/etc. 2B
    9. Pitcher

Feel like this will be the opening day lineup, and the lineup most days. Those top 5 have to play up to their talent, because the second half of that lineup isn't instilling fear into any opponent.
    Honestly, I feel like our top 5 guys are as good as any. If Heyward only plays versus RHP I’d feel even more confident in the offense most days.

Quote Originally Posted by s2obed View Post
    Honestly, I feel like our top 5 guys are as good as any. If Heyward only plays versus RHP I’d feel even more confident in the offense most days.
    They are, and only a handful of teams are truly fearsome 6-8

Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    They are, and only a handful of teams are truly fearsome 6-8
    Agreed. But what I will say is, I like the potential that the Cubs MIGHT have solid ballplayers 6 thru 8. We are talking about Heyward strictly against right handed pitching. As a #6 thru #8 hitter in the line up, I will take his production against right handed pitchers. And then there is guys like Bote, Happ or even Nico to fill out the last 2 spots. With maybe Kipnis if those guys cannot do it. Again, IMO, at 6th, 7th or 8th in the line up the 3 younger guys have a chance of actually being good. IMO if the Cubs can stay healthy they are going to score a lot of runs.

2020 Cubs Spring Training Thread

For those of you who have cable/satellite providers that have already agreed to deals with the Marquee Sports Network, here’s what will be shown on Day 1 when the channel launches at 1 pm CT on Saturday:

1 p.m. – “Marquee Debut” (Learn about network’s programs, meet on-air talent)

2 p.m. – A’s at Cubs, Sloan Park (spring-training opener, with guest analyst Mark Grace)

5 p.m. – “More Than Mr. Cub” (Ernie Banks documentary)

6:30 p.m. – “Best of Cubs YouTube” (Most viewed videos from YouTube channel)

7 p.m. – A’s at Cubs replay

10 p.m. – “Cubs Countdown” (Top games in team history)

https://chicago.suntimes.com/2020/2/...ks-documentary

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    For those of you who have cable/satellite providers that have already agreed to deals with the Marquee Sports Network, here’s what will be shown on Day 1 when the channel launches at 1 pm CT on Saturday:

https://chicago.suntimes.com/2020/2/...ks-documentary
    [emoji17]Xfinity

Is it a 24 hour station do they go off the air

2020 Cubs Spring Training Thread

Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    [emoji17]Xfinity

Is it a 24 hour station do they go off the air
    It will be a 24 hour station. As for the stuff after what’s listed, I’m assuming it’s re-runs of the same programming or some other stuff.

The article mentions what other programming will be in filler slots:

Other programs include panel discussions with a format like that of “The Sportswriters on TV,” a Chicago talk show that aired in the 1980s and ’90s. The network taped an episode Tuesday in Mesa, Arizona, with Ryan Dempster, Doug Glanville, Mark Grace, Lou Piniella and host Chris Myers. “Cubs 162” will be similar to HBO’s “Hard Knocks” in terms of access. MLB Network will produce a weekly highlight show.

But it won’t be all Cubs, all the time. There’s “Follow the Money,” a live studio show from Las Vegas by Vegas Stats & Information Network. Stadium, a sports network that operates out of the atrium in the United Center, will air a live half-hour show daily at 5 p.m. Viewers will find sports ranging from college basketball to PBA bowling to surfing.

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    Basically the only other CF in the org is Almora, I'd hope so.

I hope Happ has a breakout year this year. Hes capable. CF is a good fit for him. I wanna see Nico in CF too.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Still don’t know why we ever drafted Almora. I seem to recall some of us were disappointed the day we picked him.

Quote Originally Posted by TooL D/R/T View Post
    Still don’t know why we ever drafted Almora. I seem to recall some of us were disappointed the day we picked him.
    I’m kinda disappointed I wasn’t here during the rebuild. I bet the drafts were pretty exciting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 63 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast